Gerd Symptoms

Related Terms: Gerd, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Acid Reflux, Pantoprazole, Upper Gi Endoscopy, Gastritis, Domperidone

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?
Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump Inhibitors) then it co...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayurvedic treatment for GERD.
Query: Hello doctor, I have GERD issue. Please suggest an ayurvedic cure.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a common problem. It is mainly caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle and poor eating habits. Follow the below-mentioned guidelines to avoid the problem: Avoid spicy, oily, ju...  Read Full »

I have chest congestion, nose block and cough after a recent weather change. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a chest congestion and nose block leading to the formation of a thick yellow mucus when I wake up in the morning. This started after a recent weather change in my city and I have this problem for a week now. I have not taken any medication yet. I do not have any other health is...  Read Full »
Dr. Murali R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following medications: Alex cough syrup (a combination of Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Chlorpheniramine) 10 ml, after food, morning and night till the cough subside and your chest congestion is relieved. Tablet Levocetirizine for cold, after food,...  Read Full »

I have uneasiness below collarbone and feel spasm during breathing. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,I am a-32-year old female. Recently, I am feeling a sort of uneasiness below the collarbone and quite in the middle of the upper portion of the chest. Initially, I thought it was a spasm but I have it for more than two weeks and feels little heavy deep inside. Kindly let me know the proble...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely the cause of your symptoms is GERD that is gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. In simple terms, the acids from the stomach regurgitate to the esophagus. Before prescribing medicines I would like to know of any possible pregnancy and your last menstrual period...  Read Full »

I feel chest burns and abnormal heartbeat after smoking. Is it a heart disease?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a heavy drinker and also smoke seven to eight cigarettes a day. I started feeling chest discomfort from last 10 days like I feel chest burns, nausea, abnormal heartbeat, cold sweat after I smoke and today I felt like very uneasy so I had one Ecosprin 75 mg and now I feel a little be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you should get one ECG done from the local doctor and you may upload here as well if you need it. Regarding your current symptoms, likely possibility is of gastritis and reflux disease. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having f...  Read Full »

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are most likely due to gastroesophageal reflux disease, that is, acid reflux from the stomach to the food pipe in the chest. This happens more in the night hours which results in cough and sleep disturbances. Occasionally, it can also result in bad taste e...  Read Full »

Why is there feeling of gas in upper GI tract making breathing difficult?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 22 years old, studying abroad is complaining of feelings of gas in upper GI tract making breathing difficult at times. GERD and H.pylori are possible suspects. Can you tell me tests to confirm or reject these possibilities? Can you tell me the possible treatments if tests...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gas in the abdomen is due to food and lifestyle. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) and H.pylori can be diagnosed by upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy and biopsy. Need detail histroy to look for the exact symptoms and need clinical examinations also. Sometime ga...  Read Full »

I often have a discomfort in my chest, but my ECG is always normal. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old man. Of late, I am feeling a discomfort on the left side of my chest since the last six to seven months. I visited a doctor who took an ECG which was normal. But again after a month or two, I started feeling the same. I used to get up early in the morning at 4 AM...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your repeated tests relating to your cardiac problem are found to be normal as per your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, it is highly unlikely to be a cardiac problem. I suggest you do an upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy to rule out G...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for chronic acid reflux?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. I have a problem with chronic acid reflux/GERD that often causes my throat pain as well. The problems are off and on i.e sometimes they are not much considerable but sometimes they are highly problematic. Additionally, I have sometimes noticed the problem of co...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), you need to modify your diet well. Avoid reflux-promoting foods like excess coffee, spicy foods, fried foods etc. Practice short frequent feeds rather than full stomach feeds. Have a gap of at least an hour betw...  Read Full »

I am a 20 year old male. Why do I have pricking pain in my heart?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have a constant pricking pain in my heart. I feel like a prick with the knitting needle and also like a spark or an electric current in my heart. It started this year and occurred very randomly. I have stomach cramps, and sometimes I feel like my esophagus has ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a non-cardiac chest pain. The possible cause is due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The acid reflux from the stomach is coming up into the esophagus causes irritation, which you feel like needle piercing in the chest wall....  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Gerd Symptoms? We have medical experts to help you right away.