Iron Defeciency Anemia

Related Terms: Iron Supplement, Low Hemoglobin, Iron-rich Foods, Folic Acid, Hemoglobin, Anaemia, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

I have fever and gurgling sensation near the liver area. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor,I am having a persistent fever of 99.5 since one and a half months and gurgling sensation near the liver area. I also had slight burning sensation when passing urine. I am hypothyroid since 10 years, on 50 mcg. I am also pre-diabetic. I was asked to do CBC, liver panel test, thyroid tes...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have low hemoglobin and low T4 which meant you are having iron deficiency and your dose of Thyronorm is low although TSH is normal. Ideally, when TSH is normal T3 and T...  Read Full »

During heavy workouts my heart rate goes beyond 200. Is it normal?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 47-year-old female, 1.64 m and 67 kg. My heart rate is 52 beats a minute when I wake up in the morning. During the day, my resting heart rate is 75 to 82 beats/minute. When I do a 5 km (37 min) walk, it is 195 to 200, and during a high-intensity exercise, it will go as hig...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The whole picture is of exercise intolerance as you should not have a rate of 200 plus when you exercise. The main cause is anemia here. So, you have to rectify that before commencing any sort of exercise program. Also, the muscle soreness you experience is probably d...  Read Full »

Can you see the attached CBC report, and let me know if there is anything serious ?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife's iron and ferritin were low, so the doctor ordered CBC. CBC showed low WBC, high monocytes, and high RBC, which is what made us scared. She has schistocytes and elliptocytes among other RBC morphologies. We read about it and are very worried, and she had a C-section three years...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report shows schistocytes, which are fragmented RBC (red blood cell), commonly seen in hemolytic anemia. So, to rule out hemolysis, serum LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), ret...  Read Full »

What is the maximum iron intake for a man?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, who is 1.8 m tall, and I weigh 106 kg. I have a problem recently. I went to a dentist for an abscess, and I had blood a bit removed, so I felt a bit weak. And finally some days after, I felt I needed iron supplements. I took one 100 mg and then took another 100...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To know about iron overload, get serum ferritin and iron levels checked. In iron-deficiency, an elementary iron of 100 to 200 mg per day is advised. In a normal person, daily allowance is hardly 25 mg per day. You just stop your iron supplements and have these tests...  Read Full »

Does overweight rule out the possibility of celiac?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern about my cholesterol levels and the possibility of an underlying condition. I am a 37 year old female with uncharacteristically low cholesterol. I donate blood regularly which gives me the opportunity to have my total cholesterol level tested. About a year ago, I creat...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

I had tachycardia after a heavy period. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,Last month, I did a health check-up and everything was fine. Later, I had my cycle a little heavy compared to my regular one. I felt quite weak. I went for an ECG in a local diagnostic center. It showed tachycardia and an early transition posterior infarct. I am very prone to anxiety. P...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the limited details on this case that I have, it seems you are worried about the finding on the EKG (electrocardiogram) as early transition infarct of the posterior wall.  As you had a recent heavy menstrual bleed and you were feeling sick, that is ...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Orofer XT for low Hb levels instead of Fersolate?
Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed with tablet Fersolate, which is not available, for the low HB levels. I am attaching the reports. Can I replace it with Orofer XT? If yes, please tell the dosage.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can replace it with Orofer XT (Folic acid and Ferrous Ascorbate). It is a perfect drug for iron deficiency anemia as it contains Ferrous Ascorbate. Initially, you can take this tablet two times a day. Then after a few days, you can replace it with a once daily ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency. Secondly, the CBC (complete blood...  Read Full »

Ferritin level has decreased in spite of taking iron supplements. Should I worry?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. Yesterday, doctors have checked my blood. I am visiting a hospital frequently as I have iron deficiency anemia. The thing I am scared about is, my doctor asked me why my ferritin has not increased (just the opposite, it has decreased from 5.79 to 5.77) after...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In viral infection, lymphocytosis means increased lymphocytes and neutrophil is relatively low because of increased lymphocytes. Platelet can be high in iron deficiency anemia. It is not a matter of worry just now. You can provide your reports to guide you further....  Read Full »

Can I take Vitamin C supplements for anemia?
Query: Hello doctor, Can I take Vitamin C because I am anemia patient and what is the name of Vitamin C supplement? My age is 19 years old and my height is 161 cm.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are anemic patient, then according to cause the treatment is given. For example, if iron deficiency anemia is present then the iron tablet can be prescribed. If vitamin B12 deficiency is present then B12 injection is needed. No need for Vitamin C intake for an...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Iron Defeciency Anemia? We have medical experts to help you right away.