Knock-knees

How to get rid of pain from Genu valgum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have Genu valgum. I am developing pain in my left knee, and the pain has also started in my ankle and shin. How do I get rid of this pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genu valgum is commonly called the knock-knees. It is the inability to touch both the feet together due to inward angulation of the knee. It is a physiological condition mostly, but less commonly pathological. The management will depend upon: The extent of valgus (an...  Read Full »

After 7 years of knock knee surgery, I am getting pain again. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Before seven years, I got surgery for knock knees. Now, for the past one year, I have been suffering from knee pain. Also, I have pain in the foot, ankle, chest and back. I am not on any regular medication. I am only doing some exercise to get relieved from the pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knock knees (genu valgum) can recur again after surgery, or it can just be undercorrected due to improper operation. What you need to do is blood tests as follows. CBC (complete blood count). ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). RFT (renal function test). LFT (liver func...  Read Full »

My 2 year old child has knock knees.Is there any treatment for this other than surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 year old child has knock knees. Is there any treatment for this condition without surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iIcliniq.com. Knock knees or genu valgum is a condition in which the leg is misaligned to thigh and grows outwards. There is inability to touch both the feet together due to inward angulation of the knee. It can be both physiological and secondary to an underlying metabolic conditi...  Read Full »

How can the running speed be increased?

Query: Hi doctor,My 10-year-old son plays excellent badminton, but his weak point is his running speed. He is slow in running. I have attached three photos and one video of his legs. Can you see something wrong with them? How can he increase his running speed? By physiotherapy, or some exercises?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your son has a slightly knocked knee gait. By that I mean his knees strike each other if he were to stand with his heels coming together. This is usually not a problem unless the child has got a marked deformity or cannot run fast, or tends to fall knocking his ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.