Panic Attack

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Clonazepam, Anxiety Disorder, Ssri, Psychotherapy, Anti Anxiety Drugs

Does panic attack cause sharp chest pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I had sharp chest pain in bus. I suddenly got off from bus and rushed to local doctor. My BP was 150/90 and heart beat was 140 bpm. Then doctor checked ECG and he said it was due to acidity that I got pain. I have gone through TMT also and got negative result. Next day...  Read Full »
Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give me some more information regarding your illness, so that I can help you better. Did you feel suffocated in the bus, with a sort of air hunger (feel of insufficient oxygen)? Did you feel something is going to happen to you? Is there any family history of he...  Read Full »

Can panic attack occur while taking antidepressants?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female with a 15 year history of panic disorder with medicine sensitivity. I have been on Effexor XR 75 mg for six months and have been stable. Last week my tooth was pulled out and I was put on Motrin 800. I had around two tablets for three days and it made me feel fuz...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heightened anxiety, panic attacks, uneasiness, hot or cold flushes, sleep disturbance, low grade fever could all be the symptoms of Venlafaxine withdrawal. Did you miss a dose of Venlafaxine? Another explanation is that these medicines that you are taking for you...  Read Full »

What can cause panic attacks?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having panic attacks for the past 13 years. I have been to the hospital on multiple occasions and have been diagnosed with anxiety attacks every time. I have had EKGs and blood work done. All the reports are fine. Sometimes, I am having multiple panic attacks in a day and also...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For panic attacks and persistent anxiety, there is a need to get a medical checkup done. Hyperthyroidism, cardiac issues like angina, etc., could cause increased risk of panic attacks. So, if the panic attacks are persistent, then get one ECG done to rule out heart cause...  Read Full »

Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.
Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years. I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improvin...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist. Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these ...  Read Full »

I am getting severe panic attacks without any reason. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Recently, I had a breakup. Currently, I do not have a job and so, mentally I am feeling insecure. I am getting severe panic attacks for no reason. Even, I do not want to go out of my room. I feel sleepy all the time. Whenever I go out, I feel that I am going to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Recurrent severe panic attacks should be evaluated. Thyroid function tests should be done to rule out hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is an important cause of panic attacks. You have a fear of getting stroke or heart attack and this could b...  Read Full »

I had a bad panic attack. When will I become normal?
Query: Hi doctor,Last night, I had a bad panic attack with shortness of breath, shaking, heart racing and chest pains. Today, I have chest soreness and discomfort. Is this normal? When will it stop? I have anxiety and I am prone to anxiety attacks, but none with chest pain. I am on regular Zoloft 75 mg.  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fast heart rate (palpitations), chest pain or heaviness and breathing difficulty are all observed during a panic attack. These are classical symptoms of panic disorder. Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor given in panic attacks. A panic attack may take ...  Read Full »

How to stop a panic attack naturally?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »
Dr. M K Rathore

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

How long should Nexito Forte be used for anxiety and panic attack?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from anxiety for the last 10 years. I was able to live a normal life and working happily. I was on Nexitoplus (do not know if I had depression). Two months back because of family problems (father health issue), financial stress, work pressure, and continuous thou...  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common for anxiety to get elevated when faced with stressful situations in life. The good thing is with appropriate support your anxiety will come down eventually and you can function normally. Nexito (Escitalopram) is a good medication for your condition. I...  Read Full »

Why did I get a panic attack after smoking Marijuana?
Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I decided to smoke marijuana with some friends, as I have several times before. Everything was going as usual, but when I took the second drag, I instantly had a panic attack. I decided to go to my room to try to wait it out, and after a while, the high went away, bu...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Substance-induced anxiety disorder seems unlikely here as one month had passed since you last smoked and the intensity of symptoms also goes against it. In my opinion, you should first go with non-pharmacological methods like: Practice relaxation techniques li...  Read Full »

How to relax myself during panic attacks?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression for the last two years. My doctor had changed my drug recently to a new one, which is Zoloft. I have been taking it for a month maybe. I am traveling now and in the airplane I got tired along with depression and severe panic attacks. Even, after reaching the...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I am glad to know that you are willing to take necessary steps for avoiding similar problems of depression, which had crippled you last year. Although all kinds of behavioral intervention need personal interaction and ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Panic Attack? We have medical experts to help you right away.