Pimples

Related Terms: Acne, Acne Scars, Benzoyl Peroxide, Treatment Of Acne, Skin Care Tips For Acne, Sunscreen, Management Of Acne

Kindly suggest some medicine to control my pimples.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old and suffering from pimples from last two weeks. It is increasing day by day. So what will I do? Please suggest some medicine. Thank you  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is essential that you drink 4 liters of water as constipation can cause pimples. Once a regular bowel moment is established, you could apply Oxidoben cream (combination of Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) at night over the pimples. It will dry them up and shed them away...  Read Full »

A pimple appeared on genitals which hurts when touched. Is it serious?
Query: Hello doctor,A pimple appeared on the genitals. It hurts when I touch and white on the top. And I think it is not small in size. Could you advise me if it is serious or just a random pimple?  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, I need a few more details. Have you had any recent sexual encounter? Do you have any swelling or pain in your groin region? From the picture that you have sent, it does appear to be a hair follicle infection, but I would suggest you...  Read Full »

My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a pimple a few weeks ago that vastly turned into a little bump that will not stop bleeding. It has been like this for about two weeks, and it is driving me mad. I am not sure what it is or what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma. The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only. I suggest you apply Mu...  Read Full »

My pimple looks like it is getting infected. What is to be done?
Query: Hi, A pimple popped out on my face yesterday. Now it has become bigger. Are there any chances of it getting infected? What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing is that you should never touch or squeeze a pimple. Wash your face three to four times a day with soap and cold water. Apply Clindamycin ointment three times a day for a week. This is a topical antibiotic and this helps in preventing the infection. ...  Read Full »

Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Start applying Opexa (a combination of Dimethicone and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) gel thrice daily. This will minimize the chances of scarring. Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin topical) ointment on the Opexa gel. This will reduce the infection. St...  Read Full »

I have pimples at the back of my tongue. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip. Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, ...  Read Full »

I have pimple-like bumps in my pubic area. Could this be an STD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. Over the past two weeks, I have been having pimple like bumps in my pubic area. When I noticed the first one, I tried popping it, and it did not disappear, in fact, it got worse. Two more bumps appeared, less than a week after I tried popping the first one. Th...  Read Full »
Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you seem to be having folliculitis. It is a bacterial infection of the hair follicle. I suggest taking a course of an antibiotic, Cephalexin 500 mg, twice daily for five days. You ...  Read Full »

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send good quality photographs taken under natural light for further knowledge of your problem.Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars
Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy.  Read Article »

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc ...  Read Article »

I had a pimple which has become an outgrowth like structure. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,One month ago, I had a pimple on my cheek. I scratched it due to itching. And after it almost started to harden I again scratched it. Now it has become an outgrowth like structure and looking bad after shaving. Kindly give a suitable medication for this.  Read Full »
Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not clear enough to distinguish from a wart or keloid, from your history it seems to be a keloid from a pimple you scratched. The prognosis of the keloid is often unpredictable, but quite often ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pimples? We have medical experts to help you right away.