Psoriasis Treatment

Related Terms: Psoriasis, Scalp Psoriasis, Eczema, Salicylic Acid, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Itching, Itchy Scalp

Ayurvedic Management of Psoriasis
Article Overview: In allopathy, the treatment of psoriasis has many limitations and after effects. But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Mohd Zahoor Bhat

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder wherein patient's skin has typically red, itchy and scaly patches. Sometimes, the patches are whitish in nature. There are five main types of psoriasis. They are plaque, guttate, inverse, pustular and erythrodermic. In allopathy (modern medicine), management ...  Read Article »

What can be done for flaking in scalp and patches on the body?
Query: Hi doctor, I have dandruff issue from childhood. Now I have got flakings in the scalp and I got round patches on back and back side of the ear and on the hand, elbow area. They are itchy and size is increasing after month. Please suggest the best treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history it seems like psoriasis, though I cannot confirm without seeing the pictures. Please attach your clinical pictures so that I can look at the extent of involvement and suggest you appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Psoriasis - Symptoms, Types, and Treatment
Article Overview: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body.  Read Article »
Dr. Rabia

Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease characterized by red and scaly lesions on the body, more commonly over the extensor surfaces of the body. Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, meaning its exact cause is not known, but it is influenced by factors such as environment, genes, and infections. ...  Read Article »

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis
Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation.  Read Article »

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin ...  Read Article »

Palmoplantar Keratoderma - Causes and Treatment
Article Overview: This article discusses the general aspects of the commonly occurring skin disorder, palmoplantar keratoderma.  Read Article »

Palmoplantar keratoderma is a commonly encountered problem in day to day practice. This disease presents as a distressing thickened skin with fissured pattern, intermingled with recurrent eczema like flare up. Causes: The causes could be either. Exogenous or external factors like irritants, all ...  Read Article »

What is the ayurveda treatment for psoriasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have joint eczema for the past seven to eight years in both knee, the lower portion of leg and back of hand joints. My doctor says that it is psoriasis. Please clarify.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Psoriasis is a non-infectious and inflammatory disease of the skin. Sometimes, the reason is unknown. As you have psoriasis from the past 7 to 8 years, it has come to the chronic state. So, I recommend you to go for panchakarma therapy. Panchaka...  Read Full »

Kindly comment on my psoriasis prescription.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it ca...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe psori...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the right action for my skin disease.
Query: Hello doctor, I had red, scaly patches all over my body. I consulted a doctor and he said it as Pityriasis rosea. I took treatment for a month, but I guess they are enlarged. Now, I have completely stopped medicines. I took Averzine 25, L-Cet 5 mg, applied Propynate, Clobivax and Galderma. Another d...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your investigation reports and they are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have seen your images and it is psoriasis only. Yes, a skin biopsy should be done to have documentation for the future. It is a very small procedure...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent remedy to get rid of psoriasis?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know a few details of the tablets which I have been taking for my scalp psoriasis. Winolap 5mg once in a while when itching is too high (without doctor's prescription). Isotretinoin drugs/other drugs (with doctor's prescription). I have been taking these medicines on a...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Isotretinoin is a potentially dangerous drug and in many countries there are very strict guidelines over its use. It basically contains retinoids which in simple language is a derivative of vitamin A. It is primarily used to treat severe cystic acne and I fail to und...  Read Full »

Is my DHT level causing mild hair fall and flaky scalp?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past three months, I have mild hair fall. I lose around 2 to 10 hair after every shower. I have never had hair fall in the past. I also did a background check with my family history; none had any baldness even in the 70s. I fear this would be the result of mas...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Psoriasis Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away.