Psychotherapy

About "Psychotherapy"

Psychotherapy or talk therapy is the method where a broad variety of mental illness and emotional problems are treated through communication between a person and a mental health specialist. The different types of psychotherapy are cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), dialectical behavior therapy, psychodynamic theory, psychoanalysis, and supportive therapy.

Related Terms: Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Anxiety Disorders, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Addiction & Substance Abuse