Shaving

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Pantoprazole, Headache, Sexual Intercourse, Unprotected Sex, Fever

Has it been proven that shaving pubic hair is bad?
Query: Hello doctor, I remove my pubic my pubic hair often. However, lately I have come across some information on the internet where they try to give scientific evidence or studies or scientific view on why it is bad to shave pubic hair. Lots of the people have discussed about it, but they have not given ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The natural way like keeping pubic hair is good. Because, they maintain the temperature regulation of the genital area and act as a shock absorber from surrounding unexpected trauma. But, regular cleaning of this area is utmost important, which will protect your pubic ar...  Read Full »

Can accidental entry of metal shavings into eyes cause dry eyes and cataract?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an injury to my eyes seven months back. I got metal shavings in both and had to remove and left scars on my retina. Since then everything is blurry and went to the eye doctor last month. My prescription has not changed. They say I have dry eye and starting of cataracts. Can the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurred vision may be due to a corneal problem, cataract or retinal scars. After trauma, all these complications can occur. Dry eyes will improve with artificial tears and cornea will get normal. But any corneal scar or opacity will remain and can hinder in vision. Cata...  Read Full »

Why do I get red spots after shaving?
Query: Hi doctor, A fly bit on my neck around 2-3 days back. It has lead to red spot on that area and further the spots increased with time. I am not sure whether some of the spots have come as I shaved my beard at that time as well. But, such spots have never appeared due to shaving in the past. I have a...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and seen the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to me, the small spots are due to pseudofolliculitis which is because of inflammation caused by shaved hair. I would recommend you to appl...  Read Full »

Why do I have boils in private area after shaving?
Query: Hi doctor, I shaved my lower region and then I had sex. Now I have boils around my private area. It is very painful. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your detailed obstetrics and gynecology history, your medical history, and drug history. Please say about the material used such as hair removal cream or razor to remove the hairs. Sometimes removal of hairs after a long time gets sensitive to hair remova...  Read Full »

I noticed some boils on my face while shaving. What can they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I noticed some boils while shaving. I have attached the pictures, what can they be? How long will it take for them to go? Sometimes, shaving is painful because of them.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like facial warts. Warts are painless solid mass, which gradually increase in number. It will also increase if you shave again and again. You have to go to a nearby dermatologist and get it re...  Read Full »

Why is there a sore pimple in my vagina lips?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a very sore pimple on the inner side of my outer vagina lips. I have had the occasional one in the past on the same side and usually around the same area. It is like an ingrown hair or clogged follicle. I do shave down there. They usually go away on its own but this one seems very...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shaving or waxing the intimate areas often lead to ingrown hairs, infected follicles out there. Either you can cut it out with scissors leaving a bit or go for laser hair removal. These problems settle down forever. Do use douches, just cleanse the area with water durin...  Read Full »

Small warts are spreading on my face and neck. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Small skin warts are spreading on my face and neck drastically. Can you please suggest the cure for this kind of a virus infection? It started one and a half months back. But, I only recently realized that it is multiplying.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is verruca planae. It is caused by the human papilloma virus. Avoid shaving until you completely get rid of the virus. Start Zinfate or Zitcare tablets twice daily for three months. It is a pure zinc tablet which boosts up your immunity. I suggest you plan...  Read Full »

Could I have your opinion on my erectile dysfunction and low libido?
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently suffering from a complete lack of libido and erectile dysfunction. This began after a bad experience by taking the drug Ecstasy once. I was unwell for about a week afterwards with dizzy feel and nausea. I am a 27 year old male. I am trying to improve my symptoms. I have ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a few questions as a follow up. When was your puberty? Do you find any change in shaving frequency? Are you getting morning erections? Is there any history of testicular surgery? Have you had mumps? When did you last take Ecstasy (MDMA - Methylenedioxy-methamph...  Read Full »

I have a pimple on my crotch, which produces pus and blood. Is it an STI?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 years old female, who weighs 224 lbs, and I am 5.4 feet tall. I have what looks like a pimple on my crotch. It keeps coming back in the same spot and produces white pus and a lot of blood. Is there a chance I have an STI? I have had it since before I became sexually active. I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like superficial folliculitis, which might be caused by bacteria or fungus. Shaving or wearing tight clothes that rub the skin can irritate the follicles leading to folliculitis. Most l...  Read Full »

What should I do for facial warts?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Shaving? We have medical experts to help you right away.