Sleep-wake Cycle

Related Terms: Sleep Disturbances, Sleep Hygeine, Sleeping Problem, Lack Of Sleep, Sleep Deprivation, Inability To Sleep, Sleep Disorder

My sleeping time is disturbed.Please help me overcome this.
Query: Hello doctor, My sleeping time is disturbed. I wake up at 10 AM and sleep around 1.30 AM. I want to be normal again. I know that I am spoiling my health. But I do not know how to overcome this. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you took an initiative to discuss your problem, because most of the people neglect issues regarding sleep. Sound sleep is key to sound mind. Having a disturbed sleep poses a risk for having a mental illness in future. As you told that your sleep cycle...  Read Full »

Why do a lot of thoughts prevent me from falling asleep?
Query: Hi doctor, I cannot sleep early at night and cannot wake up early in the morning. I normally sleep at around 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM in the morning. I am also very tensed when I try to sleep, lots of thoughts come to my mind regarding my life, my past, and my future. I think unnecessary things. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are concerned about your sleep timing and have difficulty in initiating sleep due to excessive thoughts. Sleep problem may be due to stress or tension. Since childhood, you have been sleeping late at night, so it might have become your...  Read Full »

My 2 months old baby is extremely agitated and not sleeping. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 2 months old. He is a normal healthy baby. I did not have any trouble with him so far. Sometimes, he will grunt and raise his knees to his chest when he has gas but has always been able to get a normal amount of sleep.Today, though he has been very agitated and alert, the who...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your explanation, a few things are evident. This is probably your first child. We are talking about a normal well-growing child with a weight of 6 kg at the age of 2 months, which is very good. The behaviour that you are explaining is known as startling reflex. It is...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of crushing and taking Seroquel XR tablets?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

Sleep - a Miracle to Healthy Life
Article Overview: This article highlights the importance of sleep and the consequences of a sleepless night.  Read Article »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Sleep Medicine Physician

Sleep is a word that is defined differently by different people. When a human is born, the baby is said to be kept sleeping for 12-15 hours, which is essential for his growth. But, as we grow older and older, the sleep pattern changes over time, and we end up getting only 5 to 6 hours of sleep every ...  Read Article »

I require 13 hours of sleep every day. Should I take Modafinil?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male, all my life I have required about 13 hours sleep every night, regardless of the bedtime. If I get the 13 hours sleep, I am not tired the next day, but if I only get 10 hours sleep, I will be very tired that day and also get a sleep debt. I went to bed at 8 PM las...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I have gone through your complaint and I think Modafinil is a good option in your case. Modafinil is used to decrease excessive sleepiness and enhances memory and cognitive functions. Modafinil can have some side effects, which are headaches, ...  Read Full »

Health and Sleep: Two Interconvertible Words!!!
Article Overview: 'Quality sleep' is the key to your healthy life. People with imbalance in their sleep-wake cycle usually lead a disoriented life.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Sleep Medicine Physician

May be you are stressed and already busy in a fix of life's untiring tasks. There is a lot of lacking behind when you look at your schedule and calendar is always showing you dates ahead of what you are expecting. Who will have time to sleep enough in these moments of life. Many of us think this wil ...  Read Article »

What kind of food habit should I follow to sleep well?
Query: Hi doctor, I work from 3 PM to 1 AM and cannot sleep once I am back. My food habits are also messed up. As I cannot sleep properly, I get up late. Hence, I am missing my breakfast and having heavy brunch. Some days, I even miss lunch and have dinner around 7 PM. I have also started putting weight un...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not just because of your food habits that your sleep-wake cycle is disturbed. Your whole work schedule is rather disturbing your sleep. You need to regularize your activities and follow sleep hygiene along with your circadian rhythm. Regarding your food cycle, fi...  Read Full »

What is the solution for segmented sleep?
Query: Hi doctor,What is the solution for segmented sleep? How to get rid of this?  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment depends on the cause of segmented sleep. If it is due to mood disorder like depression or hypomania or anxiety, then treatment of the underlying condition will correct the segmented sleep as well. If it is due to disturbed sleep - wake cycle like workin...  Read Full »

Pharyngitis - Signs, Symptoms, Treatment and Precautions
Article Overview: Winter is a known season for ear, nose and throat complaints. The possible causes include viral, bacterial and allergens. To be safe from such infections, one needs to know a brief background about the causes and how to avoid acquiring them. This article will help the reader to remain safe and follow steps to avoid future exposures.  Read Article »
Dr. Narendra

Pharynx is a thin mucosal membrane lined cavity, which lies behind the nose and mouth and together with them, it opens into the esophagus. Pharyngitis can be defined as an infection or irritation of the pharynx or tonsils. The etiology is usually infectious of which most cases are of viral origin cl ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Sleep-wake Cycle? We have medical experts to help you right away.