Stretching Exercises

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Exercises, Strengthening Exercises, Yoga, Ice Pack, Poor Posture At Your Work Place, Anti Inflammatory Medications

Is stretching exercise helpful for tight foreskin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have problem of tight penis skin. Whenever I pull my penis skin back during erection it will be very hard to do. Then, my penis skin gets stuck behind the penis forehead and it is very painful to retract back. I generally use oil for this problem. Please ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having tight foreskin called phimosis. There are two options available for this problem, namely preputioplasty and circumcision. It is better to correct this problem before marriage. Otherwise, it would lead to paraphimosis following intercour...  Read Full »

Is there any stretching exercise that will free up an unstable sacroiliac joint?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an unstable sacroiliac joint that gives me pain, which is relieved by adjustment for a few days. My doctor tells me it is not stabilized, but may become that way sometime in the future, but now needs frequent treatments. What should I do? Is there any stretching exercise that w...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, I would like you to do glute stabilization exercises as those exercises will help you stabilize your pelvis, and thereby your back and SI joint. Along with those stabilization exercises, some simple hip mobility exercises will help you reduce the load ...  Read Full »

I have polymyositis. Is my exercise plan good to follow?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a health and exercise question. I am 24 years old and I weigh 293 lbs, 5'9". I have polymyositis. I started a new workout today. I did five pushups, five reps, five squats, eight reps, 20 standing stiff leg ups, seven reps, five flys, eight rep, 10 curls, 10 reps using two eigh...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having polymyositis, you should start with a fewer resistance exercise and more of stretching exercises to improve flexibility. Yes, the exercise plan you made is fine for a good start. But maintain the muscle length through stretching exercises before initiation of the...  Read Full »

How can I cure hamstrings spasm caused due to exercise?
Query: Hello doctor, Today, I was lifting light weights on squats. As I went down into a parallel position, my back locked up and immediately began to hurt. I tried other lifts (hyperextentions) to loosen my hamstrings. It felt better at the time, but now I am at home and can barely stand and walk. How ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your case, what I found is that you must follow some basic stretching exercises with warm up and cool down phase to avoid tightening of muscles. Do warm-up exercise like static jogging, jumping with hands wide apart. Along with warm-up, 10 minutes of stre...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plant...  Read Full »

My lower back hurts a lot. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my lower back assumably while pushing a full set of drawers, around four to five months ago. I was in physiotherapy, but I have been discharged and I am waiting to see a specialist. I have been told that it may be an inflammatory problem. My skin is extremely sensitive in my l...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, go for a diagnostic test like x-ray or MRI, so that we can get confirmed regarding the cause. Before that in order to relieve pain do stretching exercises as follows. Lie down flat (face upward) on a mat, put a long bedsheet or towel behind your both legs an...  Read Full »

From parents' height please suggest the probable height that can be attained.
Query: Hello doctor,My sister is 14 years old. She is 4 feet 10 (148cm) and weighs 77 pounds (35 kg). She started her period when she was 12. She grew 12 cm from 10 to 12 years and 5 cm from 12 to 13. However, she stopped growing from 13 to 14. Our mother is 5 feet 2 (157 cm) and our father is 5 feet 8 (17...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Her expected height will be from your parents' height, 165 cm approx. Yes, after 12 years of age the growth rate is slow. But, she will grow. Meanwhile, she can do stretching exercises to enhance her height. Chronic illness can halt grow...  Read Full »

Why did I get pain after a long walk?
Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having fatigued muscle due to over exercise by an unaccustomed muscle. You can take muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and also apply some analgesic gel to the calf muscle. Heat and massage therapy will help in early resolution of symptoms. You should only...  Read Full »

There is some uncomfortable feeling in my right foot. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,On my right leg, I am unable to pull my foot back and stretch my calf. This creates an uncomfortable feeling quite often as it always feels like I need to stretch it. I am not sure if this would have anything to do with my ankle being rolled on the same leg (right) earlier in the year? How...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well your condition might have occurred due to tightness of the Achilles tendon or calf muscle tightness. We need to check for any kind of ankle mortise popping out of position. Sometimes, the talus bone gets locked up due to unusual twisting. There might be strain due to...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take medicine for ankylosing spondylitis whole life?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 now. When I was in 14 years old, a severe hip joint pain started and the doctor diagnosed it as septic arthritis and operated right hip joint to remove fluid. Then the pain was gone. After three years, again pain started and I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis by ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an autoimmune disorder which actually has no treatment. You need to take medications when there is a flare-up of the disease. In between when you have no symptoms then you can stop the drug. You have not mentioned about your hip pain right now. You need to keep ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Stretching Exercises? We have medical experts to help you right away.