Tongue Cleaner

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Calculus, Chlorhexidine Mouthwash, Mouth Breathing, Mouthwash, Regular Brushing, Stress

Can tongue cleaner cause itchy tongue?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy tongue. I can describe the itching like putting a needle on right and left corners of the tongue. I am using steel tongue cleaner for the last 15 years and I have stopped now. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic person? Has the tongue problem reduced after you stopped using the tongue cleaner? Revert back with the asked details to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

Why does my tongue remain white?
Query: Hi doctor, My tongue remains white for about 1 to 1.5 years. It could be long, but not less than the duration I mentioned. My tongue gets hurt often. Please check the image; it was taken when it got hurt while eating. I am 21 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5'10". I visited both allopath...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some people have more dead cells forming on the tongue than normal. It is nothing for which you should worry about. Just use a tongue cleaner daily to wipe away dead cells. Do this daily and you will see some difference. Some person's tongue has less blood supply, which ...  Read Full »

What can cause black spots on the tongue?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having black spots on the tongue. What might be the cause for it?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Black spots on the tongue might be due to: Hyperpigmentation of the tongue (present since birth) for which you need not worry. Exposure to any chemicals. Tongue piercing. Scar due to any oral surgical procedures. An initial stage of a condition called hairy tongu...  Read Full »

How to easily overcome bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor, How do I stay free from bad breath?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes for halitosis (bad breath) are: Calculus (tartar) deposits on the teeth due to poor oral hygiene. Periodontitis - gum problem. Food impaction inside the decayed teeth. Debris on the tongue. Systemic causes such as gastritis. Temporary cause like intake of...  Read Full »

Does the tongue color look normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern in my mouth. I am a 25-year-old woman. Is it normal for the underneath of my tongue to look like this?  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is 100 % normal for the tongue to look like. The undersurface of the tongue looks in this color because of the artery and veins supplying the tongue is quite visible clearly...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.
Query: Dear Doctor, I am 16 years old. I floss, brush every morning and night and use a tongue cleaner too. But still suffer from bad breath the whole day. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. After following these tips you will feel better and get rid of bad breath by 2 weeks. Start using chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice a day for 4 weeks. Do saline water mouth rinses (take lukewarm water in a small cup and add 1/4th teaspoon salt in it),...  Read Full »

How to Avoid Dental Neglects?
Article Overview: In recent years, most people are aware of or at least have heard of root canal treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants. What they do not realize is that these are treatments for a dental disaster. People go in search of a dentist only if there is a shooting pain. They forget the that there are certain preventive measures to save the tooth. This article reveals the tips and tricks for a better oral hygiene and also discusses the most common dental neglects.  Read Article »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

From childhood, we are taught how to take care of our oral cavity, and it is engraved in our minds. Tooth brushing remains the major pillar in maintaining good oral hygiene. But, is that the only way to prevent dental disasters? Do you think we are neglecting something? The answer is yes. Statistics ...  Read Article »

My kid has bad odor in the mouth. What is causing it and what is the way out?
Query: Hello doctor,My 3 year old daughter's mouth has an odor and I always thoroughly brush her teeth every day. What is causing it and what is the way out?  Read Full »
Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Brush her teeth twice and clean her tongue and make sure she does not eat excess acidic food before going to bed. Ask her to make a habit of gargling with normal water after each food she takes. Avoid acidic foods, deep-fried foods as well as those with high sugar ...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for a black hairy tongue?
Query: Hi doctor, A few weeks ago I noticed that my tongue had patchy green areas. However, it has now turned into more of a yellow color, more so in the back than the front. Brushing the tongue seems to remove the yellow, but then it comes back. I am very scared of the black hairy tongue, and I read that...  Read Full »
Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your concern. As your tongue has turned yellow and black from green in the front part, it is a typical feature of a hairy tongue. Clinically it looks like a hairy ...  Read Full »

Detoxification - Ways to Detoxify your Body
Article Overview: Detoxification is the method of removing substances that are toxic to the body, mainly physiologically done by the liver. In some cases, it also refers to the removal of ingested poison or drugs taken for long-term from the body and get to the normal body composition and function.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M
General Medicine Physician

Detoxification It is the method of removing substances that are toxic to the body, mainly physiologically done by the liver. In some cases, it also refers to the removal of ingested poison or drugs taken for long-term from the body and get to the normal body composition and function. Why should yo ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Tongue Cleaner? We have medical experts to help you right away.