Nausea & Vomiting

Why do I have a feeling of nausea and vomiting after taking meals?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a feeling of nausea after taking meals. I was on juicing for three days and I started to have vomiting after it. I went to emergency and I was given medicine for nausea. I stopped juice fasting but I still have the feeling of nausea after taking a meal. I had a lap band bariatric su...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from nausea and vomiting for three days. Nausea and vomiting after meals can occur due to food poisoning, inflammation in the stomach lining called gastritis, ulcer, bulimia or any other psych...  Read Full »

Is it good to have Ibuprofen and Omeprazole for treating gastritis?

Query: Hello, I'm enquiring on behalf of my Mum. She is presenting with symptoms that appear common with gastritis or peptic ulcers. She is 57 years old, and has been diagnosed in the past with rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension and sjogren's syndrome. She weighs 79 Kilograms. These are a list of her sym...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq, Well I agree that part of her symptoms are due to chronic use of painkiller medications. Because they are directly related to formation of the ulcers within stomach. But I am concerned about her recent weight loss! Since it is something which can not simply be explained ...  Read Full »

Can hypertension and stress be due to serotonin syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor,My brother is 39 years old and has hypertension. His BP 145/98 normally. But sometimes his BP shoots up to 164/110. Yesterday his BP was 168/110. He was having no symptoms like palpitations or headache, though feeling a bit uneasy. He took Amlodipine 10 mg. After taking some rest, his BP w...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. Blood pressure is a dynamic entity; it is not static. It keeps changing throughout the 24 hours and vary during different activities and moods. The same is with heart rate. Fear, anger, fight, exertion, pain in the body, depression, and anxiety aff...  Read Full »

What should I do to treat my extreme dizziness, nausea, and blurry vision?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, when I stood up to let my dogs out, I felt incredibly nauseous and sat down. I then started to vomit. I also felt like I was going to lose control of my bowels. I laid on the bathroom floor, in and out of consciousness, so dizzy I could not see anything straight. I had...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to two different causes. 1. Basilar migraine. 2. Epilepsy seizures, although the duration of your symptoms is not suggestive of this disorder. For this reason, I wo...  Read Full »

Can the consumption of old food from the refrigerator cause food poisoning?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is 58 years old, is suffering from stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting for the past two days. Yesterday night she ate one-day-old refrigerated food after heating, but I think that resulted in food poisoning her. I have given her tablet Cyclopam for stomach pain and tablet ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very concerned about her. Well, as you rightly pointed out that she has had food poisoning because of that food. This acute food poisoning should settle itself by day or two, but symptom-based treatment is required to help her go through ...  Read Full »

What should I do for my fever, nausea, and severe cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I do not have COVID, but I have been extremely sick for eight days. I have nausea, throwing up, fever, extreme amount of coughing, sore throat, and stomach. I have a bit of a phlegm buildup in my throat somewhere. When I got tested three or four days ago, and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Nishant

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Looking at your symptoms, it is definitely a bacterial or a viral infection. I would advise you to get a COVID-19 RT-PCR analysis (swab test) again on the fifth day from when you tested it, as well as do a COVID-19 antigen test (blood test). Fol...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for chronic gastritis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female of height 5.4 feet and weight 48 kg. I was diagnosed with gastritis two years ago, and it seems to come back after some time. I have been taking antacids like Omeprazole, but it does not seem to stop. It has been months since I started feeling sick again. Have a...  Read Full »

Dr. Tonina Sleiman

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your medical history and your current complaints, you can keep using your medication, including proton pump inhibitor and antacid. You have to make dietary adjustments to avoid alcohol, spicy foods, and oily or fried foods by eating small portions more frequen...  Read Full »

Can kidney stone and EDS cause loss of appetite, nausea and other GI symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl. I am experiencing some strange GI symptoms. I am chronically ill and I have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, mast cell activation syndrome, Ehler,s Danlos syndrome, and complex regional pain syndrome. About two months ago, I was in the ER with severe ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that it must be terrible for you to have these problems with their consequences. I might give you some suggestions based on my knowledge about the conditions you mention. EDS (Ehler's Danlose syndrome) is a problem with skeletal muscles that can acc...  Read Full »

Are nausea and vomiting along with liver disease signs of hepatic encephalopathy?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my mother. She is 55 years old. Last year she was diagnosed with chronic liver disease. She had ascites, which was cured. She has taken proper medication since then. But recently, since the last three weeks to be precised, she was having tremors and difficulty in sle...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your mother's health. The answer to your query is you are 100% right. It can be hepatic encephalopathy (HE). It often presents as altered sleep patterns which means day time sleeping and nighttime awakening. Tremors are ...  Read Full »

How to control severe vomiting and spitting during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. Due to lockdown, we are not able to go to the doctor. She feels body pain and started spitting a lot from the fourth week. She also vomits a lot. Please tell me what should I do and also suggest health supplements for her.  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nausea and vomitings are pretty much common during the first three to four months of pregnancy which happens due to sudden hormonal changes. The body pains she feels is also due to the same reason. I am assuming she must be taking Folic acid supplements already after...  Read Full »