Nausea & Vomiting

Can kidney stone and EDS cause loss of appetite, nausea and other GI symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old girl. I am experiencing some strange GI symptoms. I am chronically ill and I have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, mast cell activation syndrome, Ehler,s Danlos syndrome, and complex regional pain syndrome. About two months ago, I was in the ER with severe ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that it must be terrible for you to have these problems with their consequences. I might give you some suggestions based on my knowledge about the conditions you mention. EDS (Ehler's Danlose syndrome) is a problem with skeletal muscles that can acc...  Read Full »

Are nausea and vomiting along with liver disease signs of hepatic encephalopathy?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my mother. She is 55 years old. Last year she was diagnosed with chronic liver disease. She had ascites, which was cured. She has taken proper medication since then. But recently, since the last three weeks to be precised, she was having tremors and difficulty in sle...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your mother's health. The answer to your query is you are 100% right. It can be hepatic encephalopathy (HE). It often presents as altered sleep patterns which means day time sleeping and nighttime awakening. Tremors are ...  Read Full »

How to control severe vomiting and spitting during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. Due to lockdown, we are not able to go to the doctor. She feels body pain and started spitting a lot from the fourth week. She also vomits a lot. Please tell me what should I do and also suggest health supplements for her.  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nausea and vomitings are pretty much common during the first three to four months of pregnancy which happens due to sudden hormonal changes. The body pains she feels is also due to the same reason. I am assuming she must be taking Folic acid supplements already after...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for severe haedache with nausea and vomiting?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer a lot from headaches. Sometimes I have this pain on my whole head, but one side pains more. Sometimes I just have this pain on the back of my head. My neck and everything just pains I cannot even keep my eyes open or put my head down, or sleep. I have these headaches almost e...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you would have presented to me as an outpatient, I would have advised you to do mental relaxation exercises, yoga, and meditation. If I am asked to make a clinical diagnosis on the basis of medical history, I would say tension-type headache (TTH) without any doubt...  Read Full »

Why are there nausea nad vomiting episodes without a decline in health?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has nausea, vomting episodes that are not related to conditions, for example she can eat and feel nauseated or vomit after an hour or two or not feel anything. Then a few days later it can happen again. It comes and goes and is not stable, or triggered by certain conditions. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She may have repeated biliary colics or recurrent attacks of gastritis or may have urinary tract infections. So, she needs urine routine test, liver function test for further comments.  Read Full »

I am having upper stomach pain, loose stools, fatigue, and gas with vomiting. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having upper stomach pain, nausea, loose stools, fatigue, gas. I had one episode of vomiting (regurgitation) about five days ago, and the symptoms all went downhill from there. I am taking Aspirin, Zoloft, Prednisolone, Cellcept, Hydroxychloroquine, Amlodipine and Clonidine. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you mentioned are consistent with acute gastroenteritis. Please follow the following diet, take the following medicines and do the following investigation. Diet: BRAT diet which is short for banana, white rice, apple sauce and white toast (bread). Sto...  Read Full »

I am not defecating in the morning, but I am urged to defecate after some time. Why is it so?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18-years-old. I am 52 kg in weight. My problem is I am not defecating in the morning, but I am urged to defecate after some time. The stomach does not become clean. And I also have metal allergies. The other problem is nausea and vomiting while traveling.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please take warm milk with excess sugar daily at bedtime and along with it two spoons of Duphalac (Lactulose) syrup every day for a week. Eat a lot of fresh vegetables during the day and drink a lot of water. You may also eat papaya every day that is very good at cle...  Read Full »

Is Gaba plus tablet safe to use for lower back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had driven the car for almost 1700 km in the five days duration. From last week onwards I am getting lower back pain on the right side. Today I visited the local orthopedic. They suggested to use ECT Forte tablet twice a day and Gaba plus containing Gabapentin 400 mg and dosage is o...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Gabapentin is pretty safe. The usual side effects are that you might get some dizziness for the first 2 to 3 times that you took the tablet. Also, nausea and vomiting are other common side effects. But overall it is a safe tablet to take. So, I would advise you ...  Read Full »

Does Unwanted 72 causes Nausea and Vomiting?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner had her periods last to last month. Sixteen days later, we had a sexual intercourse. But, there was neither penetration nor ejaculation. Being unsure about the seminal fluid discharge or coming in contact with her genitals, I gave her Unwanted 72 the next day which was withi...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As long as she is having regular periods of normal flow and quantity there is no need to worry. There is a complete absence of periods in pregnancy, sometimes early pregnancy bleeding known as implantation bleeding does occur but it is very light and lasts only a cou...  Read Full »