Running Nose

Why is there no relief in chronic nasal congestion even after using medicine and sprays?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic nasal congestion for a longer period, roughly ten years. I got a blood test done before six years. Flagged for pteronyssinus *26.64kU/L* Class V and farinae Mite *18.76kU/L* and doctor prescribed Zyrtec. At first I will get mild relief and it will not last more than an...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello Tim The test says you are allergic to the two species of house dust mites. While it's true that you need antiallergic medicines, haven't you been explained about sufficient precautions to avoid allergies ? Allergen avoidance is the first and foremost technique to get rid of allergies. You mus...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from running nose inspite of having medicines. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is suffering running nose last 13 days. I consulted my pediatrician before some days, and she prescribed Montair Lc kid syrup three ml for 20 days and also gave Sinarest AF drop once for six days. Before that, she took Sinarest Af and Ascoril ld for 10 days. Apart from this, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your concern. Well, first of all, I am asking you to continue all medications as prescribed by a pediatrician. Babies less than five years often get recurrent cold and cough. There could be many reasons, 1. Post viral infection cough, which may continue for th...  Read Full »

I have chronic bronchitis with running nose and sneezes. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,I have chronic bronchitis. Now I have running nose and sneezes, please suggest long term goal and moreover what is the life expectancy for chronic bronchitis?  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Asran

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. About chronic bronchitis, it is a part of a disease called COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). It is diagnosed by the history of heavy smoking, which is the most important factor in controlling the disease and prevention of complication. To prevent further ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from blocked and running nose inspite of having medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from blocked nose and continues running nose since yesterday. Yellow plam coming out with cough with little pain in the center bone. Now consumed Deflazacort tablet and using Otrizon drops yet no relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Nilotpal Dutta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic nasal obstruction should be evaluated thoroughly there may be many reasons like chronic rhinosinusitis, deviated septum, allergy, etc. A diagnostic nasal endoscopy, CT scan nose, and PNS and blood tests like eosinophil count, absolute eosinophil count, IgE ha...  Read Full »

I have blood in my mucus when I blow my nose. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have suffered from a problem at the back of my nose for at least 10 years. Sometimes I will get a build up of lots of mucus quite a lot (which I am guessing is from acid reflux which I suffer from) and have to clear my throat. I also get an irritating feeling, a bit tickly maybe, at t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do suggest like it is rhinosinusitis. It is a chronic problem, and the use of sprays for a small duration will not completely relieve you of the problem. Similar complaints Wil also be present due to acid reflux. I hope you are on proper medications to ...  Read Full »

I have runny nose and watery eyes for many years. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have a runny nose and watery eyes. It is there for many years. It is like some allergy and I keep sneezing. When I take Montelukast tablets, it gets fine. But I do not like to take medicines every day.  Read Full »

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I advise that you stop taking Montelukast tablets and take the following tablets for two weeks then stop, after that take one tablet per day only when really needed. Avoid triggering factors for your allergy  Read Full »

I am suffering from running nose and congestion. Kindly advise medicines and preventive measures.

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lie under a fan or walk outside when it is windy, I suffer from running nose and nasal congestion. So, a few days back I did a CT scan PNS, and the report says there is predominant ethmoidal sinusitis and DNS deviated towards left. Kindly tell me how serious is my condi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a severe condition, and the surgery is not always required if there is a response to treatment. You appear to have two issues, one is allergic sinusitis, and another one is DNS (deviated nasal septum). Your predominant symptoms are likely due to allergic sinus...  Read Full »

I have running nose with streaks of blood and post-nasal drip. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have since I can remember, a runny nose, especially in the morning. Not uncommonly there are streaks of blood. Quite often also post-nasal drip. At times, I have itchy runny eyes. My doctor has prescribed an ointment Otocomb which sometimes help. In the past few months, I have notic...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are explaining is consistent with chronic allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis. I wanted to know if you have ever tried a nasal spray and if yes for how long? Which one and did it help? Do you have pets? Did you have patch testing ever?  Read Full »

Why do I get sneezing and running nose often?

Query: Hello doctor, Most of the time, I have sneezing and running nose with water for the past 2 to 3 years. I took Cetirizine for it but sometimes I feel better but after that, I face the same problem. Presently, I am not taking medicine. My age is 25 years and I am a male. l am not having past history ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nilotpal Dutta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common problem these days with a lot of industrialization and pollution around. Check your eosinophil count by doing a routine blood examination. Check blood IgE level. Do a skin prick allergy test to find out the major cause that triggers this anaphylactic...  Read Full »

Why is 1-year-old having watery eyes with runny nose?

Query: Hello doctor,My son who is one-year-old is having watery right eye since yesterday morning. It is not watering continuously. It is like that yesterday morning after waking up today morning after waking up and today evening. Sometimes, along with watery eyes, runny nose is also there. Along with wate...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just follow advice. Clean eye from inside to outside with clean cotton or cloth. Instill Tobramycin eye drops one drop in each eye three times a day. Start syrup Cetirizine 5 ml once a day for five days. It may be due to some allergy or infection but it is still early ...  Read Full »