Running Nose

Can I get infected by blood splashing in my eye?

Query: Hi Doctor, I am a medico. I recently had a feeling of blood splash in my eye twice last week. I had checked their viral markers hiv , hbsag and hCv both were negative ( both their reports were taken with 1 week prior to surgery ) presently today I am having running nose n bit of throat irritation w...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Dear. You may already be knowing that even though accidental exposure to potentially infectious fluids with intact mucous membranes can transmit HIV, hepatitis B, C albeit the risk is low. Having said that even though there viral markers were negative which is a good thing, I would still advice yo...  Read Full »

How to manage cold, runny nose, and watery eyes due to weather changes?

Query: My son is 3.5 years old. He is prone to change in weather and get affected with cold with running nose and eyes often. And many times he gets sore throat means hoarseness in his voice. He is not hving fever in both symptms. At time of running eyes and nose we give wikoryl. And in sore throat we giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: As per your description, this seems like hyper reactive airway disease. Please start the child on a course of T. Montair (4 mg) 1 tab daily at 8 pm for 6 months and observe for change in frequency of symptoms. In the event of an acute episode of cough/cold you can do the following (along with conti...  Read Full »

Why do I get runny nose when I sleep in cold temperature?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I get runny nose almost every time I sleep in a fan on or in an AC room. If you say it is due to change of temperature but it is very often even with a very slight change in temperature I get a runny nose which lasts a day or even the next day. Can you please help ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable reason over here could be what we call as vasomotor rhinitis. The cascade of events is explained in a very simple manner below even though it is not as simple as it looks. Exposure to dust (or any irritative substance like cold air that your body i...  Read Full »

What is the reason for getting runny and stuffy nose in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about my 6 years son. Everyday morning he has a running nose after getting up from sleep. This is going on for the past 15 days. Running nose or nose block stops after one or two hours. He is not getting any symptoms in the evening or night. He does not have any fever. We are us...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhakar Palanisamy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The way you describe, it looks like allergic rhinitis (basically nose allergy). Mostly, it happens due to dust or other air pollution. If you had changed your residence recently, then it might be the main cause. If this place is temporary, then I am sure it will bec...  Read Full »

I am anxious about cough with phlegm, runny nose, and cold. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern with regards to my anxious condition. For the past few days, I have been experiencing cough with phlegm with a runny nose due to colds. I just wanted to knew what should I do. Do I need to take an antibiotic? Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from itchy throat, runny nose due to colds, cough with phlegm, and headache for the past few days. You have not mentioned here about the color of your phlegm. If the whitish color of phl...  Read Full »

I have sore throat with runny nose. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently developed a sore throat then a runny nose and a sneeze. I have not had any other symptoms, however, I did notice that on one of my tonsils I do have a spot with red streaks around it. That side of my throat is what hurts the most but it is manageable pain. What could this p...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the picture you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This looks like more of a Chronic pharyngitis. The yellow spot you have pointed out is a lymphoid follicle which has slightly increased in size and is present in almost all of us...  Read Full »

Are my 4 months old daughter's symptoms typical for her age?

Query: My daughter is 4 months old and this is what's been going on with her need answers or if over reacting. When she eats and even for long time after she is constantly puking. Sometimes white foamy puke. She makes a weird breathing sound when eating. And just regular breathing. Her nose is always ru...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi , Choking like act, not laughing or crying well is something need a careful & detailed evaluation that she might be having delayed milestones and that can have multiple causes. If you can connect with me on video chat , I can have a look at your baby to confirm it is something to be of co...  Read Full »

How to treat sinus issue with runny nose, throat pain and sneezing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I have sinus issues like night time colorless running nose for about one to two hours. I also have throat pain and sneezing. Problem increases if I have milk or cold food.  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To start with if you have throat pain with fever and cough or weakness in the body, please consider going to a Coronavirus OPD to get tested. Considering the present times, it is possible. Now assuming that you do not have the above symptoms, it is very likely that ...  Read Full »

My recurrent cough and sneeze do not go away even after Seretide oral spray. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I would like to consult about my recurring mild cough during night time, and sneeze and runny nose in the morning that usually go away before lunchtime. I recently consulted a pulmonary doctor due to severe cough she gave me antibiotics, anti-histamine in the morn...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the antihistaminic. Preferably pair it up with Montelukast. Take the medicine at 6 PM in the evening. You need a steroidal nasal spray like Mometasone as well. Take Albuterol inhaler SOS and a Budesonide inhaler twice daily for a week. Avoid exposure to ...  Read Full »

Nurofen is not helping in high fever. Is there any other recommendation?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old son has high fever since last night. I gave 5 ml of 100 mg Nurofen syrup. It helped but did not bring the fever fully down. He had another dose of syrup this morning, for the same issue. He has wet diapers, passed stools, ate a bit but not much, drinks water and is breas...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have gone through the blood investigation (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is suggestive of viral fever with low thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). From the history and investigation, it looks like a viral fever ...  Read Full »