Stage 4 Cancer

What are the treatment options for stage 3 angiosarcoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My mum has angiosarcoma in the leg. Amputation would be the only option. But she is not a suitable candidate for surgery. Will radiotherapy help in this condition? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The usual treatment for angiosarcoma is the removal of the cancerous tumor by surgery. However, in those patients who are unfit for surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy are alternatives. Radiotherapy involves the use of radiations to dissolve the tumor and chemothera...  Read Full »

After analysis of pleural effusion fluid, diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer.

Query: Dear Doctor, After analysis of pleural effusion fluid, my mother has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer - CUP, poorly differentiated carcinoma. She has exhibited lower lobe fibrosis for at least three years, has normal kidney lab work at this time, previous breast carcinoma ductal in situ with remov...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasad Eswaran

Hematologist, Medical Oncologist, Pain Medicine Physician, Radiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the information given. To get the facts right, patient is a 74 year old female with prior history of Anal canal cancer and Breast cancer (DCIS) treated with surgery and radiation. Her co-morbidity includes osteoporosis / prior UTI / Lung fibrosis / multiple fra...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the scope and steps of radiotherapy in a lung cancer patient.

Query: Hello doctor,My father has advanced lung cancer and severe pain in his legs or back. It is suggested that he should have radiotherapy, possibly five sessions. I understand this is to reduce his pain. Is it possible to explain to me what this involves, before and after, and for how long, whether the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It looks like a stage 4 lung cancer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The pain in the back and limbs is possibly due to bone metastasis (cancer spread to the bone). You have not attached any report to know the details o...  Read Full »

Is there treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma? Also, advise on survival chance.

Query: Hello doctor, My father’s CT scan report says there is a solitary hepatic lesion consistent with neoplasm. The possibilities reported in the CT scan are: HCC - hepatocellular carcinoma. Metastases The CT scan was advised when his blood test result showed high alkaline phosphatase with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the investigation are more in favor of locally advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. In such advanced cases, usually, the patient is planned for palliative treatment in the form of oral medication Sorafenib, which is used under the observation of an oncologist. Also...  Read Full »

My mom looks pale and does not eat at all. What could she be suffering from?

Query: Hello doctor, My 40 year old mother is suffering from an unknown disease from the last three months. It may be chronic because she is not feeling well at all. She feels exhausted, dizzy and her digestion is poor. She looks very pale. Her USG report is attached herewith for your reference. Please su...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report is suggestive of very bad news. I suggest you sit down somewhere before you read the following. The report is suggestive of cancer of the pancreas. It is a very deadly dis...  Read Full »

Kindly check my mother's report and reveal the reason for her abdomen pain.

Query: Hi doctor,My mother, who is 61 years old, had a swollen abdomen. When we admitted her in the hospital doctors said fluid has built up in the stomach. Her skin turned yellow, and she complained of pain in the abdomen. The doctor stated that she has gallbladder cancer and it is in stage 4. She was he...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I went through all the reports of your mother (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Unfortunately, she has a very advanced cancer which has spread to liver and bones. It is causing obstruction in the flow of bile, which has caused jaundice.There is no cure for h...  Read Full »

What is the chance of survival in stage 4 lung cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the chances of survival in the 4th stage lung tumor? Is there any specific suggestion for the cure? The patient had biopsy and bronchoscopy. The doctors suggest us to wait for biopsy report before any further medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn

Radiotherapist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When the patient has been diagnosed to have stage 4 lung cancer, the survival depends on lots of factors. They are co-morbidities such as diabetes and hypertension, performance status whether he is abe to walk around and do his activities or he is confined to bed, the ex...  Read Full »