Tinea Cruris

Tinea cruris, also called jock itch, is a fungal infection that commonly affects the inner thighs and groin region of men. It results in extremely itchy red rashes on the skin. It is frequently seen in athletes and people who sweat a lot.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to get rid of fungal infection in private area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old male. My weight is 93 kg, and I am 6 feet tall. I have fungal problems in private areas.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but please understand that I will be able to give you medications and specific treatment only after confirming my diagnosis of a fungal infection and its severity. As it is a sensitive area, I need to see an attached photo of the lesion...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine that can permanently cure tinea cruris?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 years old man. I have fungal infection between my leg joints for the past 25 years. I am controlling it by applying Canesten S cream after taking a bath in the morning every day. Is there any medicine that can cure this condition entirely? Can I live without medication?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, and I will help you with your concern. History suggests you have tinea cruris that is a type of fungal infection. First of all, please stop applying Canesten S (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream as it contains a strong steroid that will damage your ...  Read Full »

Why is Itch Guard not helping the dry, itchy, and flaky patches in the groin?

Query: Hi doctor i have itching problem in groin for past 3 weeks i applied itch guard but it doesn't work and areas were became black please help me  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Excess Scratching and rubbing of lesion ? Intense itching ? Dry flaky areas? Excess sweating? Tight inners? Razor use? Moist/wet body areas? Extent of involvement? widespread? Since when it appeared? previous treatment details? Stop itch guard,it worsens lesions. Answer the questions for det...  Read Full »

Are recurrent itchy spots on groin more common in diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male with a history of borderline hyperglycemia under medication. I am repeatedly getting some multiple itchy points in my groin. There is a central main spot with eruption and whiteheads in one groin fold. The itching is more on the main spot, and some itching is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history and photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have developed tinea cruris. Tinea is a kind of superficial fungal infection. Diabetic patients are more prone to develop fungal infections. We need to start you antifungal...  Read Full »

Why does my long standing black mark suddenly turned with rashes and inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a black skin mark on my buttocks for the past three years, but now I have inflammation, rashes, and dicomfort. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the photos, it looks like an acute on chronic (recent episode on an already present condition) fungal infection / Tinea cruris. There is no need for p...  Read Full »

What is the best solution for fungal infections?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife and I have fungal infections. I have ring-like infection on thighs and on buttocks. My wife has a little lump like infection around the vagina which are so itchy and burning sensation. We took tablet Terbinafine 250 mg for two weeks and Clotrimazole cream. It had good resul...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned that you have ring-like lesion, it suggests you have Tinea cruris. It is a kind of fungal infection only. Since infection has recurred we need to start you on better antifungal treatment for a long term relief and to prevent further recurrences. Cl...  Read Full »

What causes long term skin disease in the thigh joint?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from skin disease in the thigh joint for long. I am using Mometasone, Terbinafine and PBF gel. Also, I had Ofloxacin and Levocetirizine for more than two months, but the situation is the same. What is this disease? Please advise any medicine or test in order to get c...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Due to prolonged use of the creams, the original picture has been altered (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and a clear-cut diagnosis is difficult to establish. Going by the area and some other signs in all likelihood it seems a case of fungal infection. As...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicines for itchy red rashes in inner thighs.

Query: I am suffering from severe skin red rash problem in both inner thighs. The rash is so itchy and it has completely destroyed my life. It looks like fugal like ringworm or jock itch. at past also, i was suffering from same thing but that time it was scaly like liquid was coming out with foul smell. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Bincy Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hi. Thanks for sharing your query. You seem to be very distressed by the problem. As I can see in the picture it is Tinea. Since it is extensive it is important to start proper treatment with oral antifungals for a good length of time to clear the infection. You have been using steroid creams which...  Read Full »

Will diabetes provoke vaginal yeast infection and itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old. I am diabetic for the past three years and sugars are not always in control. I am taking medicine Euclide 80 mg and Galvus met 50/500 and Novomix 30 injection 10 units (injection only for few days). My issue is, post diabetes I am experiencing severe recurring yeast in...  Read Full »

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is comorbidity that makes patients prone to fungal infections and some times there is a secondary bacterial infection too. I advise you to follow certain steps. 1. First step, proper sugar control. 2. Anti-diabetic diet and exercise. 3. Proper genital hygie...  Read Full »

Why do I have spots on my penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some spots on my penis. Can you please identify what is it? Also please let me know the reason for development. It is a recurring episode. Can you also suggest a remedy?¬†Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long it has been there? What is the complaint in it? Have you tried any self-medication? Revert back with the answers to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.