Tinea Cruris

I have rash under armpits that feels hot and stings. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, Seven months back, I developed a small scaly white patch on the left hand side of my scrotum. It did not change but my groin then became damp and very itchy. After a short period both groins were like that.¬†Last month, I saw a dermatologist who thought it might be eczema and prescribe...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and understood your concern.  Read Full »

What could be the reason for itching, burning sensation and rashes in groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I am having an issue in my groin area. My symptoms are itching, rashes, and burning sensation on inner thighs. I used Itch guard. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I have read your query. In my opinion, you are suffering from Tinea cruris, which is a fungal infection of the skin. I advise you to keep the area dry because moisture can aggravate the fungal infection. You can apply Luliconazole cream twice daily on the lesion, and ...  Read Full »

Is cracked foreskin a side effect of steroid cream?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffered from the worst case of Tinea cruris. I was on medication for almost six months and now it has cured completely. But, I am facing problems with my foreskin. Every now and then I have cuts and cracks when I pull the foreskin back. Also, when the foreskin is too dry it is having s...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your foreskin appears to be healthy (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and deserves to be saved. The coconut oil application is a very good way for that. Apply Clobetasol ointment twice a day after bath and evening and retract your foreskin multiple times du...  Read Full »

Fungal infection on scrotum and thighs is not reducing even after applying Cloben-G. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, It has been one year now, redness and fungus are not going away from the anus area. It is all over. It is on my scrotum, inner part of the thigh just right beside the scrotum. I have been applying Cloben-G and dusting it with Clotrimazole powder, still not going away; instead, it is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints are suggestive of Tinea cruris, a fungal infection of the body folds. It is usually a consequence of excessive sweating and maceration of the skin, tight clothing, and uncontrolled sugar levels. Cloben G is a steroid cream and is strictly contraindic...  Read Full »

My infection for tinea cruris recurs inspite of having drugs. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have treated tinea cruris for the last six months with all allopathic medicines ranging from Terbinifine for six weeks to Itraconazole and Fluconazole and all the zole category ointments but there is no relief. The infection returns after one month of stoppage of medicine. No diabete...  Read Full »

Dr. Kavita Rajput

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a recurrence of tinea, and it will not go by any zole category ointment, you have taken a lot of medications, that is why you take one dose of Sulphur 200 early morning empty stomach, only once do not repeat it. Then wait for one week with no medicine (allow su...  Read Full »

Ring-like itchy patches spreading from abdomen to other parts of the body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, A few months back I have got a ring-like itchy patch on my lower abdomen, I applied Hydrocortisone cream for about three weeks, but there is no relief other than itchiness, then I used an over the counter medicine for a week and still no relief meanwhile I noticed several other patche...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Please sen...  Read Full »

Can I use Teczine for itching and redness in the groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have severe itching and redness in the groin area. I have used over-the-counter creams, besides, I have also used some home remedies over the affected area. The skin is flaky. Please suggest a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I have noted your concern. Perhaps you might have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload an image so that I will be able to guide you better. Regards. Revert with an image to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq...  Read Full »

What can be done for jock itch spreading from feet to penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I believe I have jock itch that spread from my feet to my inner thighs to the shaft of my penis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Yes, you seem to have tinea cruris which is a superficial fungal infection of genitals and groin. Another name for that is jock itch. 2. Wash the undergarments in warm water, sundry and iron them before reusing. 3. Take the prescribed medications for 15 days.  Read Full »

I have scrotal skin problem. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 24 years. I have scrotum skin problem. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Kindly suggest treatment for inner thigh discoloration.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old fairly healthy male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 260. I am overweight and also have low testosterone. I have had a noticeable shrinkage in my testicles in recent years. I have embarrassing erectile issues, including premature ejaculation and often I am unable t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the onset I would like to tell you that though I understand your concern and situation, but there is nothing to be ashamed or apprehensive of yourself. It is a medical problem and can only be tackled by proper medical treatment and advice, and not by hiding your ...  Read Full »