Urine Obstruction

Are my constipation and blocked urination interlinked?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I generally have constipation problem. Mostly, I use some laxatives or aryuvedic churnas to clear constipation. Whenever I have constipation, I feel my urine is blocked. I drink plenty of water daily. Also, I used to consume lots of water before going to bed. Ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic constipation is a delicate issue that worsens one's quality of life and is hardly solved definitively. Except the watery diet, it requires bowel enemas time after time and use of laxatives continuously. If you can apply enemas, then do it right now to empty you...  Read Full »

What is the cause of urine stuck in the penis whiIe urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old. Every time when I urinate some amount of urine gets stuck in my penis and feels like it is just ready to come out. But it does not come out, even shaking the penis does not work. Sometimes when I sit on chair one or two drops come out very rarely after I urinate. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. First of all, if you should go for a urine culture examination. It will reveal if there is some kind if infection. If the infection is present then you need medication according to it. Sometimes infection too may cause cystitis. You do not nee...  Read Full »

Why is my penis head white?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin at the tip of my penis is becoming white from the past three months. There is no pain or any other problem due to that. I feel pressure to urinate, but while urinating the flow is slow. I do not know why my penis has become white. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me an image. It might be vitiligo or balanitis xerotica obliterans. Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist  Read Full »

What is extrarenal pelvis of the right kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, In my kidney ultrasound, my left kidney shows mild dilatation of calyces with dilated extrarenal pelvis of approximately 39 mm. What does it mean?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calyceal pelvic system dilatation of kidney could be due to one of the following reasons: Congenital. Focal infection of or at calyx or extrarenal pelvis of kidney. Stricture - narrowing of the neck of calyx or extrarenal pelvis. Stone impacted at the neck of extrare...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

After the diagnosis of hydronephrosis, what is the next step of treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. My height is 5 feet and weight is 42 kg. I have been suffering from frequent stomach ache for the past two to three months. I do not have any problem in urination. I thought that the pain was due to some food infection. Later, I was diagnosed to have moderate le...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to do a DTPA nuclear scan (Diethylene triamine penta aceticacid) to confirm the diagnosis of UPJ obstruction (renal pelvis obstruction) and to know the severity of obstruction. Only then, you should go for surgery. Yes, it can be done by laparoscopy. It ne...  Read Full »

My husband has not urinated in almost 24 hours. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has not urinated in almost 24 hours. He has a pain in his right shoulder and chest with a severe headache. Also, his kidneys hurt.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. A urine output of fewer than 400 mL per day is referred to as oligouria. And no urine output means anuria. Both the conditions need urgent ER (emergency room) care to prevent a renal shutdown. The cause could be an infection, renal failure,...  Read Full »

I have a frequent urge to urinate but cannot. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a pain in the lower part of my stomach. I also have an urge to urinate but, feel that the urine is not coming through. It happened to me quite a few times now. Can you explain what is causing this and also suggest a medicine. I am on regular medications for thyroid, migraine, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of a pain and an urge to urinate can happen due to the following possibilities: A renal stone coming down. A urinary infection. Prostate problems. Give me the following details: What is your age? Since how many days do you have this problem? Do you have any o...  Read Full »

Can UTI cause only left sided abdominal pain and burning sensation on urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and from what you say, it may be a urinary tract infection. To rule out urinary tract infection, I would suggest urine culture. Left sided pain can occur if the left kidney and ureter is infected, ...  Read Full »