Vaginal Tear

Why do I have vaginal discharge after three months of delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, Three months ago, I had a forceps delivery. Now, I am experiencing heavy vaginal discharge. I guess that comes from below my clitoris. I can see mucus like discharge in and around clitoris. When I sit, I feel a gush below clitoris. My doctor said there is no problem and I am normal. Bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have pain while passing urine or in the lower abdomen? If pus or yellowish discharge per vagina, then you need to consult a gynecologist and get a speculum examination. If necessary, then get an ultrasound scan. Culture and sensitivity of the discharge will confirm...  Read Full »

What are the causes of severe bleeding after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had intercourse, and there was quite a lot of bleeding. The next day it stung quite a bit, and when I urinated, it was painful to sit down. I inspected my vulva with a mirror and found a tear or rip at the base of my vulva. I searched, and I think it is at the posterior fou...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history given by you, apart from a vaginal tear, the following reasons can also cause similar symptoms: 1. Firstly, women can bleed post-sex if intercourse is done soon after the periods, but this does not cause pain. 2. Secondly, virgin girls can ble...  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal tears after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small superficial tears generally heal fast. Continue taking sitz bath with Betadine drops, Ibuprofen for pain but instead of Vaseline, apply some antiseptic ointment. Vaseline prevents raw ends to meet. Medical support is required, only if you develop pus, odor, discha...  Read Full »

I Have A Swollen Labia After Protected Intercourse. What Should I Do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sexual intercourse last night with protection. Immediately after, I went to take a shower and I see that my left labia majora is swollen but painless. It is kind of weird to walk lie down or sit. It was only my second time having sex. What should I do? Is this a dangerous situatio...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. The possibilities for this swelling are: You could be allergic to the latex material of the condom. So, due to the friction, the local skin is showing a reaction. Maybe, the other labia is also slightly swo...  Read Full »

Why do I get vaginal tear everytime while having sex?

Query: Hello doctor, Everytime I have sex I get a vaginal tear. I did not have sex or wear a tampon for 10 weeks to let it heal. I had sex again last night and it tore again. I do not have an issue with lubrication, so I am not sure what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vaginal tears after sex are mainly dependent on several causes like vaginal dryness, chronic skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis or lichen planus, etc., and sometimes it may also be caused by the use of recreational medicine like Viagara by the partner. Vaginal t...  Read Full »

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. You seem to have Progesterone implant. There may be a slight change in the mucus quality due to these hormones, rendering it thicker, hence less lubricating. There may be a small crack or tear (due to sexual activity) due to inadequate lubrication. In my view, you should...  Read Full »

Why do I have frequent and painful urination after scratching myself, while using a tampon?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I scratched myself, while I was using a tampon. Now I have a pressing urge to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Every time only a little pee comes out, it stings a lot and has a bit of blood in it. Is this a vaginal scratch or a yeast infection? Should I see my doctor? I fe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain could be due to loss of thin lining of the vagina or infected tampon or urinary tract infection. All I can advise is until you recover, stop using tampons and avoid sexual intercourse if you are sexually active. Have a routine urine test for any infections. If a...  Read Full »