X-ray Pelvis

I want to know whether my urinary problems can be cured. Kindly suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor to...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report. I suggest y...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant left lower back pain after an injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a lower back injury for three years, and that has not been improved with rehabilitation or anything. There is a constant pain in the left side of my lower back, which becomes worse on twisting motions, exercise and bending to the point where I can barely walk. My physiother...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your iliolumbar ligament is completely visualized and is free from any pathology in the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your vertebra, intervertebral disc, spinal column, and spinal cord are also grossly normal. However, there is early facet arthr...  Read Full »

I am getting radiating right hip pain. Is this due to psoriatic arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since a week, I am getting pain in the right leg hip and sometimes, extending till right knee and calf muscle. I feel that something is trying to project on the left side.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand from your query that you are experiencing some hip pain with radiation till knee region. Where exactly are you feeling some projecting swelling? Also, since this is only a week old story, there is no need to worry especially if there is no history of i...  Read Full »

I have not passed stool since eight days. Will I die of constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have not passed stool from the past eight days. This is the third time I am constipated, the last two times it got fixed within 2 to 3 days. I have tried everything, and yesterday I went to a doctor, who gave me a lot of medicines. I took all the medicines yesterday night as well as to...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have severe constipation, for which we need to clear the impaction. If you are passing gas and there is no distention of abdomen, then we can give a dose of laxatives, although you may require more doses. I suggest you get an x-ray abdomen and share the report. I sug...  Read Full »

Which leg posture is best to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain about pilonidal cyst surgery.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a pilonidal cyst on tailbone and I would like to ask what are the risks? Success rate? How long do I have to be in the hospital? How long until I can go and work or be my normal self?  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very evident from your query that you have got a pilonidal cyst. This condition is mostly common in male sex and more in hairy people. I will ask you a few questions and your co-operation will be invaluable. What is your profession? Do you have to drive for long...  Read Full »

Are the small abnormalities in the X-ray of the abdomen stones?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a nurse and I had the stomach flu about a week ago and decided to take a VD pelvis and abdomen radiograph of myself. Upon taking the radiograph, a number of small abnormalities in the pelvis were seen. At first glance, they appeared to be stones, but after taking repeat X-rays, on...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume the radiographs were taken to evaluate any calculus, stone along the urinary tract. However, the small opacities seen in the pelvis are phleboliths within the veins of your pelvis and not stones. These phleboliths would not cause any discomfort to you and are a...  Read Full »

I had a hip X-ray of 35 mAs. How many more mSv have I received? Was I overexposed?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hip X-ray of 35 mAs. An average hip x-ray is supposed to be 20 mAs/.07 mSv. So if my hip x-ray was 35 mAs, how many more mSv have I received? Was I overexposed?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The x-ray power output depends on mAs (milliampere-seconds) and kVp (kilovoltage peak) parameters. The average hip x-ray can be done at about 20 to 30 mAs and 70 to 80 KVp. The general rule is that the percentage increase in mAs causes a similar increase in radiation...  Read Full »

Will a bowel infection get detected in a nuclear scan?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 70 year old female. My height is 165 cm (5'5") and weight is 70.3 kg (155 lbs). My current medications are Quinapril-HCTZ 20-25 mg and Diltiazem 24HR ER 120 mg. I am experiencing discomfort in the right buttock for the past one year. I had a total body nuclear scan done recently a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. The x-ray is always useful when reporting a CT scan. It provides a two-dimensional picture of the screw which is seen to be partly ...  Read Full »

My baby was born with twisted legs. Can it be treated through surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 21 months old baby, and she was born with twisted legs, which resulted from the cord around the neck issue during pregnancy. She was diagnosed with nerve atrophy in her legs. They said she might recover if the atrophy of her legs can be treated. She underwent motor nerve cond...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As I have not examined the child, I will not comment on the current issues. Left hip dysplasia and subluxation need constant observation, and I feel that as the dates on ...  Read Full »