Aggressive Behavior

How to help my brother with his negative thoughts and aggressive behavior?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 27 years old. From the last 10-15 days, he is talking too much which is completely opposite of his introvert behavior. He is talking negatively and aggressively. He is not even ready to show to any doctor and strongly condemns showing to a psychiatrist and says will heal...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Your brother may have either schizophrenia or bipolar type 1 disorder (mania). If he is consuming any substance (alcohol or drugs) then substance may also cause the above symptoms. I am sorry to say that it is difficult ...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: My son is 5 yrs old a male 45 lbs and 3foot 4 inches he is extremely sensitive to loud sound when he is angry he lashes out at who ever he is angry with troughs and brakes things. When you try to talk about or work things out with him he ignores you like your not even there. Also he wa as well on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Autism is a spectrum and not just one or two symptoms. As you have mentioned that after a visit to a relative he started not going to poop in toilet so it can be the cause. Children don't say anything but observes and learn. So may be rather than asking why you may use different parenting techniques...  Read Full »

Please suggest solution to help my sibling with behavioral disturbance.

Query: Hello doctor, How do I help my 16-year-old teen brother who refuses to get help? I believe he needs help, but the last time we went to the doctor, they sent him to a counselor who did not do much. When talking to a counselor and other people, he does not show his true colors. At home, he has a very...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be difficult to see your family going through challenging circumstances. From your report, it looks like your teenaged brother is struggling to regulate his behavior, blames others and is not able to take responsibility for his actions. As you may know alread...  Read Full »

Though my brother's aggression reduced after medication, he is still confused. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This is about my brother. Earlier he used to get very angry over small matters. He was not able to concentrate on anything and was not able to sleep. He was confused and used to think that everybody was watching him. He used to harm the family members sometimes. He started his medication...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that three months are generally enough for the antidepressants to show effects. Secondly, 60 mg of Fluoxetine is generally a sufficient dose for antidepressant purposes. Consi...  Read Full »

How to control aggressive behavior in a teen who attemped suicide as well?

Query: Hello doctor, A known 16-year-old son misbehaves with others, not staying at home, does not care about his family, passes the time with his bad company, behaving rudely to parents, and not studying properly. Parents have no control over him, and he does not care when they request him to focus on st...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per the description, the possibility of a conduct disorder or a borderline personality disorder should be considered here in your child. In view of suicidal threatening...  Read Full »

How to deal my 13-year-old daughter's aggressive and self-harming behavior??

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 years old daughter is having some aggressive behavior. She often hurts herself cutting her hands with a razor. She also shows indifference towards any advice she gets. She only does what she wants despite talking to her multiple times. Her father had passed away six years ago. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think your daughter is struggling emotionally and is using self-harm as a maladaptive coping mechanism to deal with her difficult situation. You are reporting that her performance at school has deteriorated in the past two to three years, and she is not able to ta...  Read Full »

I lose my temper and my anger is getting increased daily. What is the way to control my anger?

Query: Hello doctor,I always try to control my anger since my childhood days, but for three years, I usually lose my temper and day by day, my anger is increasing like anything. I tried all methods to control my anger, but it does not work. Is there any treatment to control anger?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anger is an emotion. When anger rises, our animal instinct tries to protect our-self resulting in aggressive behavior. Aggressive behavior happens only when anger goes out of control. Getting angry is fine. But you should make sure that it does not cross the boundary...  Read Full »

Why is there a change in my behavior after stopping psychiatric medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 and was diagnosed with unspecified mood disorder when I was about 8 for constantly getting angry at my parents, but I behaved well at school and other places outside the house. When I was about 10, I started taking 2 mg of Risperidone once a day and 200 mg of Lamotrigine twice...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis of mood disorders is not easily made at the age of 8 years but if you were given that diagnosis then there must have been a detailed assessment of yours. Coming to your questions, our mood, thoughts, and behavior is controlled by certain chemicals in our b...  Read Full »

How can an agressive patient who speaks loud and beats be controlled?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is 69 years old. We live in a one room small house. He continuously speaks loudly the whole day long. He beats my elder sister and always argues with everyone at home. Every other day there is quarrel in my house. He is not an alcoholic but he never understands others. He alwa...  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the problem you are facing, your father has some definite problems. If this behavior is since long like from his middle age then it may be a bipolar disorder. If this behavior has occurred during old age then it is pathological means he needs to be examined...  Read Full »

My alcoholic son shows aggressive behavior and vomiting. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My eldest son is 45 years old. For many years he has drunk heavily, but until seven weeks ago he had come off alcohol for around four years. His mother, who has died, had a history of manic depression. My son appears to have similar symptoms. For the past seven weeks, he has drunk bo...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Sorry to hear about the suffering of your son. Your son is alcoholic with signs of alcohol intoxication (confusion, irritability, and aggressiveness). Alcohol in excessive amounts causes depleted thiamine and glucose in the blood which causes seve...  Read Full »