Aggressive Behavior

Will degenerative dementia cause memory lapses with aggressive behavior?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 90-year-old. She suffers from memory lapses. Sometimes wakes up at odd hours and steps into the kitchen thinking it is morning to prepare tea.She forgets where she keeps the money, keys, etc., then gets upset or blames the workers. If I reorient her, she gets agitated. Sometimes...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about the symptoms: 1) Since when symptoms of forgetting started? 2) Since when she started to become agitated and harming caregivers? 3) Does she have self-talking or talking with someone (without anyone being pre...  Read Full »

What causes symptoms like anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have some problems. I am not able to sleep. I lash out at others with anger and aggression. It lasts less than a couple of minutes. I forget things that are told to me. I push out people due to fear of discrimination or rejection and anxiety. My mind gets stuck somet...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms like sleep disturbance, irritability, mood swings, anxiety, and maladaptive psychological habit like self-harm and pushing people away. These symptoms are caused due to several conditions like mood disorder, personality issues, and trauma. Pl...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is extremely sensitive to loud sounds. When he gets angry, he lashes out at everyone. He breaks things. When I tried to talk about this with him, he ignores to talk. He was well on his potty training and he was going to the bathroom every time without any accide...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autism is a spectrum and it is not just one or two symptoms. After visiting a relative, he is not pooping in the toilet and so it can be the cause. Children do not say anything but they observe and learn. Rather than asking him, you can use different parenting techn...  Read Full »

Can mental problems change a person's personality?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cousin who I suspect has some form of mental problem. She scolds her mother for days in a row. She tends to want to be in control of things. She is also jealous of me and does not like me to be close to her mom, my aunt. I think she was about ten years old. She tried pushing ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It is difficult to reach a diagnosis from the above details, but she may have a borderline personality disorder. It is a type of personality or nature. She may have a chronic feeling of emptiness, emotional outbursts, ov...  Read Full »

How to manage my 10 years old nephew's aggressive and arguing behavior?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my sister. She has 10 years old son. And it is getting difficult to manage him especially in lockdown. He makes unnecessary demands and keep arguing, shouting, disrespecting other people in house. He threatens us by missing his school classes, and at times ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the pain and frustration experienced by parents, and family members if the child is misbehaving like this. From your description, it looks like your sister's son is showing oppositional defiant behavior. Is it something new since the lockdown or ...  Read Full »

How to help my brother with his negative thoughts and aggressive behavior?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 27 years old. From the last 10-15 days, he is talking too much which is completely opposite of his introvert behavior. He is talking negatively and aggressively. He is not even ready to show to any doctor and strongly condemns showing to a psychiatrist and says will heal...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Your brother may have either schizophrenia or bipolar type 1 disorder (mania). If he is consuming any substance (alcohol or drugs) then substance may also cause the above symptoms. I am sorry to say that it is difficult ...  Read Full »

Please suggest solution to help my sibling with behavioral disturbance.

Query: Hello doctor, How do I help my 16-year-old teen brother who refuses to get help? I believe he needs help, but the last time we went to the doctor, they sent him to a counselor who did not do much. When talking to a counselor and other people, he does not show his true colors. At home, he has a very...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be difficult to see your family going through challenging circumstances. From your report, it looks like your teenaged brother is struggling to regulate his behavior, blames others and is not able to take responsibility for his actions. As you may know alread...  Read Full »

Though my brother's aggression reduced after medication, he is still confused. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This is about my brother. Earlier he used to get very angry over small matters. He was not able to concentrate on anything and was not able to sleep. He was confused and used to think that everybody was watching him. He used to harm the family members sometimes. He started his medication...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that three months are generally enough for the antidepressants to show effects. Secondly, 60 mg of Fluoxetine is generally a sufficient dose for antidepressant purposes. Consi...  Read Full »

How to control aggressive behavior in a teen who attemped suicide as well?

Query: Hello doctor, A known 16-year-old son misbehaves with others, not staying at home, does not care about his family, passes the time with his bad company, behaving rudely to parents, and not studying properly. Parents have no control over him, and he does not care when they request him to focus on st...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per the description, the possibility of a conduct disorder or a borderline personality disorder should be considered here in your child. In view of suicidal threatening...  Read Full »

How to deal my 13-year-old daughter's aggressive and self-harming behavior??

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 years old daughter is having some aggressive behavior. She often hurts herself cutting her hands with a razor. She also shows indifference towards any advice she gets. She only does what she wants despite talking to her multiple times. Her father had passed away six years ago. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think your daughter is struggling emotionally and is using self-harm as a maladaptive coping mechanism to deal with her difficult situation. You are reporting that her performance at school has deteriorated in the past two to three years, and she is not able to ta...  Read Full »