Baby Cough

Is it advisable to nebulize the child frequently for cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 4.5 years old and very often he suffers from coughing problem which increases as the days passes. This time doctor has given Atarex syrup 5 ml twice a day. I have given one dose but he was coughing badly whole day. Then he has suggested to nebulize him with Budecort 1 mg a...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If your child has cough for so long time and he is also requiring nebulization, it means that your child has infection. Also, we need to rule out tuberculosis. I suggest you to do CBC with ESR, X-ray chest, Mantoux test to rule out tube...  Read Full »

Kindly prescribe medicines for stuffy nose and cough in an infant.

Query: Hello doctor, My infant daughter who is 8 weeks old is having stuffy nose and cough since yesterday. Kindly advise us how to take care of her and prescribe medicines necessary for her to take. We are worrying especially of her cough.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The child will have to be evaluated for reflux disease. It is a very common illness in this age group. Do not worry. The best way to control the coughing and the stuffy nose is to keep the baby at an angle of 30 to 40 degrees from ground level after feeding. You may als...  Read Full »

Is any diagnostic checkup needed for cold and cough in a 2 month old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-month-old baby girl child is suffering from cold for the past four days. There is a very little bit of coughing occasionally. There are some wheeziness from the nose also. She is moving her neck very often to both sides. I used Mucolite drops eight drops BD, Etolin PD syrup - 1.5...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just want to know a few more information. Is your daughter feeding well? Does she sleep well? Did you notice any change in her breathing pattern like fast breathing? If she is feeding well, sleeps well and no breathing difficulty, then it is a simple common cold for ...  Read Full »

What causes cough, vomiting, and flatulence in a 3 years old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My girl baby is 3 years old and weighs 17 kg. She does not eat properly and will not have any alternative food also. She has vomiting, for three days and vomited once or twice. She has flatulence and cough for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the concern of a mother regarding a child who is not eating. Presently she is having a mild cough, which can be due to a mild sore throat or common cold and she might be vomiting due to this illness. The weight of the child is very good so do not w...  Read Full »

What medicine should be given for a baby suffering from cough and is allergic to cold?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 3.5 years old and weighs about 12 kg. She is suffering from frequent cough and she is allergic to cold. What medicine should be given?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Everyone has an allergy to cold, its severity varies between individuals. If she had recurrent episodes of cough, and it associated with wheezing then, it could be hyper-reactive airway disease. It is common but sometimes it may turn out to asthma, it is more common ...  Read Full »

My 2.6 year old has cold, cough and sneezing. Will Levolin help in curing all these?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.6 years old son is suffering from cold, cough, and sneezing from three days, and yesterday night, he developed a fever. I am giving him Levolin syrup 5 ml, and for fever, I had given Babygesic 1.5 ml. Is Levolin for both cold and cough, as well as sneezing?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cough cold and fever could be due to viral infection, does your child have wheezing also? If no wheeze in the past I suggest you use any other antitussive medication for cough, Levolin (Levosalbutamol) is a bronchodilator used in cough associated with wheeze, so ...  Read Full »

My 19 months old baby has fever of 102 and cough from yesterday. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has a viral fever, and now it is transmitted to my baby girl aged 19 months. She has a fever and cough since yesterday. Today I checked her body temperature, and it was 102. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give syrup Crocin (125 mg/5 ml) as per the weight of the child (4 to 6 hourly if the temperature is above 100 F). You can give syrup Ibugesic (Ibuprofen) as per the weight of the child if the temperature is 102 F and above. Regarding cough, please give syrup L...  Read Full »

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better not to give it. It contains only Levosalbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator which is useful in bronchial asthma or bronchitis, etc. There is no mucolytic or antihistamine in it. It also causes palpitations and tremors. I suggest using Flucold syrup. ...  Read Full »

2-year-old child is suffering from high fever with green diarrhea. What is the recommended treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old daughter has raspy breathing, and a rough cough followed with a runny nose for the past two days. Today started running a slight fever of 100.3 with green diarrhea that has turned yellow that smells very bad. She also keeps pointing to her belly as it hurts. Kindly advic...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just got your concern. It is like a typical viral infection. Give more water, liquid, and homemade food. If she has a fever when measured with a thermometer kindly make a note of it. If her temperature is more than 100 Fahrenheit, give Paracetamol syrup with a dose o...  Read Full »

How can throat pain with cough be treated in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old and weighs about 24 to 25 kg. She is having throat pain and cough and running a fever of 100.5 degree since yesterday. She got throat infection from me. I consulted with my doctor and she gave p250 7.5 ml and Betadine gargle for her and told us to consult a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the same treatment as going on. An antibiotic like Augmentin may need to be added based on the clinical examination of the child (to see if it is required). Also, Ibugesic may be started to reduce the pain and inflammation (if any) based on the clinical ...  Read Full »