Bluish Discoloration Of Skin

Why do my hands swell and cause intense pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I can notice some dots in vision when I heat up fast. My hands shake when I go into attack. I have blue fingers in cold; red swollen fingers and toes when it is hot outside also. I have intense pain everywhere when my hands are swollen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a condition called Raynaud's phenomenon, in which the finger tips turn blue on exposure to cold. Subsequently, when the hands are warmed they turn white, then red and then normal. This could be a benign condition, especially in young ladies. Sometimes, it may ...  Read Full »

I have severe constipation and bloating problem, with slight vaginal bleeding. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female, and I have been experiencing major constipation from the last month. Every time I eat, I experience bloating, and I am unable to go to the toilet later on. Have tried taking Sennetabs, Metamucil, increasing fiber, and water in the diet. I have this problem...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would need a little bit more history, How many times during a week do you have a bowel movement? Please go online and type Bristol stool chart, and let me know the consistency and type of the stools you are having in general from a month. Have you had diarrhea before...  Read Full »

After a fall my child's cheek turned blue. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My child fell from a seesaw. He got hurt near his cheek and that area turned blue. There was no bleeding at all. It is there for over 2-3 days. Today, we saw the blue area extended near the eye. What should we do now? I have attached the photos for your reference. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns and I have thoroughly gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bluish discoloration signifies that there was bleeding at that region due to trauma and now it is healing. The bluishness which is reaching...  Read Full »

Why is the finger shrinking post replantation surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My 9-year-old son underwent a finger replantation surgery two days ago. Yesterday, the finger was quite normal but today it is becoming little dry and shrinking. How can the finger be saved? Please help. I have attached few photographs.  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The replanted finger usually cannot be commented upon until 48 to 72 hours of the procedure. The finger may seem to be normal until then. The common cause of failure includes venous congestion where the finger turns bluish and edematous. As you have mentioned, the ...  Read Full »

Is my vasoconstriction problem an allergic reaction to the daily intake of antihistamines?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having major vasoconstriction problems. I would like to know if my daily antihistamines intake is causing this problem. I am taking Loratadine and Fexofenadine hydrochloride daily for allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know in detail, what you mean by vasoconstriction problems? Is it affecting your hands or your feet or anywhere in the nasal bed? Do you experience any bluish discoloration of the nails or hands? Do you any pain in the hands or feet? Do you have ulcers any...  Read Full »