Botox Injections

What causes lumps on botox injection sites?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been injecting Botox into my forehead for three years now and never had a reaction. Two days ago I visited a different dermatologist and right after the session, I developed hard lumps on every injection site. I returned to the same dermatologist and she told me this is nothing t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment. Is there a change in color of skin? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a scar between eyes

Query: Hi doctor, I have a new horizontal scar between my eyebrows, and this has caused a crease when I frown. The scar is not vertical, and it goes through 45% angulation. Can this be fixed?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two things which we can be tried. First is Botox (Botulinum toxin injection) and the second one is scar revision. Scar revision is an OPD (outpatient department) procedure in which the entire scar is excised and sutured with very fine suture, which is not v...  Read Full »

Apart from surgery, how can spasmodic dysphonia be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, Few years ago, I had spasmodic dysphonia. My voice was husky and high pitched. I took medicines and speech therapy. There was slight improvement in my voice but after that my voice is high pitched. I want deeper voice that is manly voice. What should I do? Is there any way to get deeper ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spasmodic dysphonia is one of the difficult conditions to treat and patient motivation is most important. Speech therapy is tried always and some benefit is there. Botox injection in spastic muscle will give best results, but speech therapy has to be followed. Botox ha...  Read Full »

Is Botox injection 200 a permanent cure for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have urinary external sphincter void dysfunctioning. The doctor had suggested Botox injection 200. Is this permanent cure or you suggest other medicine or tablets?  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope you are fully evaluated with the urodynamic study. Botox injection for urinary external sphincter void dysfunction is not a permanent cure. It has a 70 to 90 % success rate with 5 to 12 months duration with a mean of nine months duration of action by various studie...  Read Full »

What can cause extreme body odor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a healthy male. My weight is 114 kg and height is 5'7". I am suffering from extreme body odor. Body odor starts few minutes after I take bath, especially from my underarms. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Let me explain the cause and treatment. Excessive sweating is always associated with armpit odor. It can be due to hormones and bacterial reaction. Obesity, diabetes, thyroid, etc., also will cause this. As you are overweight must check t...  Read Full »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of pronounced laugh lines?

Query: Hello doctor,I have pronounced laugh lines since I was 15, and now I am trying to get rid of them. I tried coconut oil but it is not working. I also have lines around my eyes and I do not know what to do. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the natural structure of your face. You need not worry about it and accept it as such. But, if you are keen on getting it removed, creams or medicines will not help you much. Botox and fillers are the only options. For more information consult a dermatologist...  Read Full »

In social situations, I give an awkward half-smile. Will Botox help?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to get your opinion on my situation to see if you guys might be able to help. For several years now, I have had trouble with smiling fully in certain situations. Generally, in social situations, it is almost like I give an awkward half-smile. It is hard for me to smile fully. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. DAO (depressor angularis oris) procedure, where the muscle is cut off is really not advisable. It is not performed commonly either. If not done correctly, it can lead to side effects and incorrect smile. Botox is done to elevate angle of mouth incase there is a depressi...  Read Full »

What is the cause of overactive bladder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 53 years old male. I am suffering from prostate and overactive problems for the past eight years. I did many time ultrasound and cystoscopy. I have inflammation in bladder and prostate. I feel the inflammation and a burning sensation in the urethra. My bladder is overactive. I took ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a severe case of overactive bladder. From your history, it appears that you have tried out almost all the available treatments for overactive bladder. At present, botox therapy is the least invasive and most efficient in the management of OAB (overactive ...  Read Full »

Is surgery advisable for abductor spasmodic dysphonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from abductor spasmodic dysphonia diagnosed nearly 11 years ago and I have received Botox injections every three to four months since then. Generally, they did work over the years until the last two years or so outcomes have been very poor. The last Botox shots by GA (six un...  Read Full »

Dr. Girish Subash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you have to know that among spasmodic dysphonias, abductor variety is the least common type. In this, your vocal cord is away from the other vocal cord and the muscle is in unrestricted contraction resulting in voiceless or breathy voice. So, the treatment...  Read Full »