Chickenpox Vaccination

Does the appearance of a few blister of chicken pox suggest enough antibodies in body?

Query: Hello doctor, My twin daughters, age is 17years. One of them got the first blister of chicken pox and totally she got 30-40 blisters a few on back, hands, scalp, chest and 4-5 blisters on forehead. Now since yesterday, they have formed a scab. Second twin got the first blister on the chest five da...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that chicken pox (varicella) vaccine does not guarantee that one would never get chicken pox. It tries to give control over it and if it fails, chicken pox occurs. Most of the times the severity is low, as the person already has pre-formed anti...  Read Full »

I did not get rota vaccine for my child. Is he having loose motions because of this?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is suffering from loose motion and he is 1.5 years old. We have not given rota vaccination due to unawareness. So, can any other vaccination be given? He always suffers from dysentry.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I used to attend these kind of patients daily, I have an adequate experience to manage them. You have not given vaccine is not the topic of discussion, no need to worry about this, diarrhea is common due to various causes. I need more information. Dysentary means blood...  Read Full »

Can I still get infected from my child who had chickenpox a week back?

Query: Hello doctor, My child had an outbreak of chickenpox one week ago. I would like to visit her and would like to know. Can I still get infected? If yes, would a vaccine help 2 days before meeting her? I have attached my height, weight and BMI details.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I want to tell you that based on the weight for your age and height, you are very severely underweight and the ideal weight you should have in my view is 68 kg to keep a good balance in life and keep your immunity up. With this BMI of 10.20, you are very ...  Read Full »

How to recover fast from chickenpox?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from chickenpox for the past five days. Now, the blisters have become blackish. What shall I do for a fast recovery?  Read Full »

Dr. Mayank Agarwal

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox is a self-resolvable condition. Make sure to decontaminate the bedding and clothing as falling of blisters results in virus dissemination. For itching, apply antihistamine lotions like Caladryl (Calamine with Diphenhydramine). If you have children at home, ma...  Read Full »

Can vaccine after seven days of exposure help prevent chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, I felt the head of a young girl then hugged her for a second in the same room for three to four minutes. The next day, she broke out with chickenpox. What are my chances of getting the chickenpox and will getting the vaccine seven days later help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An infectious person becomes contagious one to two days before the actual recognition of chickenpox. The vaccine is more effective within three days. But can be given thereafter too. Any person can get chickenpox after 10 to 21 days of exposure. Chickenpox appears...  Read Full »

Does chickenpox spread through breast milk?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old and a mother of 7 months old baby. Recently, I have got infected with herpes zoster virus on my back. It is a small patch above my waist. Doctor told me to stop breastfeeding for a week. But, my baby is exclusively breastfed till now and not taking bottle feed after seve...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If you have chickenpox or herpes zoster virus infection and you are breastfeeding, then your baby does not get infected with the chickenpox virus through your breast milk. However, if you still have blisters on your skin, then it is poss...  Read Full »

Can body heat cause chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter got chickenpox last year. During that time we did not take her out and applied neem leave paste. It got cured in 15 days. Now, this year also, again she got chickenpox. Now, she is 4 years old. What to do now? Why has it come again?  She ate chicken and mango the same day....  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would want to know if the diagnosis of chickenpox is made by you or a doctor. It is highly unlikely for anybody to get chickenpox twice and even if the person gets chickenpox twice least likely it would be once every year. Her weight 11 kg is very less for...  Read Full »