Decompressive Operations

Kindly explain MRI taken for severe pain and dizziness.

Query: Hello doctor, MRI C6/C7 posterior annular fissures with broad-based bulge impinging anterior CSF space. I need guidance on this as I am in immense pain and dizzy all the time.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail and the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). C6-7 disc shows a significant abnormality, fissures, and bulge, causing indentation over the thecal sac. This is the root cause of the excruciating pain th...  Read Full »

Is ligament laxity a side effect of Sevoflurane?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had spine surgery for a herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use, and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevofluran...  Read Full »

What causes burning sensation of legs in an arthritis patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 80 years old. She is suffering from arthritis or spondylolysis for more than 30 years. She is receiving treatment from a local orthopedician. She is having NSAID and other general medicines since five years. Her ESR level suddenly rose. From last few months she felt extrem...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother is having nerve compression at two levels. Grade I spondylolisthesis is mild and an osteoporotic compression fracture D12 vertebra. Burning pain is due to ischemia of ner...  Read Full »

I have pain in my neck and upper arm, with numbness and tingling in both arms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mucosal thickening with aerated secretions in the sphenoid sinuses with surrounding hyperostosis. The mucosal thickening in left maxillary sinus is greater than right maxillary sinus, with trace aerated secretions. Also, opacification of right mastoid air cells and right middle ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me the verbatim report of the MRI of the cervical spine and the mastoids. This, however, is very little to help me as I do not know the exact symptoms you have. Do you have more problems with your mastoids or the neck? Do you have pain in the neck or does...  Read Full »

Can balancing issue occur due to vestibular lesion or cervical myelopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My weight is 96 kg and height is 184 cm. I have severe sleep apnea and minor CAD with hypertension. I am facing problems of imbalance and lightheadedness. This started some six months back. Then, I was diagnosed with an uncompensated vestibular lesion. After a wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you gave me, it looks like your imbalance is due to a condition called cervical myelopathy. The examination findings of your spine specialist also correlate with your diagnosis. This happens when there is undue pressure or compression of the spinal...  Read Full »

My symptoms of paresthesia persist even after decompression surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a compressed nerve in the fibula head for almost 2 years following an operation to lengthen my right leg. The pain was only on and off seemingly after a certain activity. Over time, I could increase the activity level before getting the same symptoms, but then stop improving. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. The possible reason for persistent symptoms is there has been a longstanding compression on your nerves. So, the nerve would have been damaged subtly. It may not be that extensive damage, which would be demonstrated in the NCV study (nerve con...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in the hands after so many years of accident?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother met with an accident 20 years ago. Now, he has some numbness in his hands. We have attached the reports of the scan had recently. Kindly suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed the uploaded MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It indicates cervical spinal cord compression in the cervical region. This compression is responsible for his hand numbness. For this re...  Read Full »

What is the specific treatment for compressive spine fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a case of a 47 year old man, who went through a car accident. The scan showed a compressive fracture of T12 wth predominance into the canal 7 mm. The patient was told to stay in bed with a plastic corsage around his waist to prevent sudden movements. Around two to three months ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understood the concern. The inability to move the right leg could be due to compressive fracture T12 or periventricular hypodense lesions. Barely feeling right arm is due to periventricular hypodense lesions or some undiagnosed prob...  Read Full »

I have been having neck pain since I met with an accident. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I involved in a car accident seven years ago. I have been having problems with my neck ever since. I recently consulted an orthopedic specialist and had an MRI done last week. The results are as follow: Multilevel degenerative disc disease with straightening of lordosis. Multilevel bul...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The joints of the neck are the discs and the facets. As one ages they wear out. This can be aggravated by accidents. This process can cause pain in two ways. Joint pain in the neck without neurological weakness or numbness. Neurological problems from pressure on the ne...  Read Full »

Please interpret my MRI and give the diagnosis and treatment options.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from acute lower back pain for the last five days. Now I am getting better with medications and bed rest. This severe and acute pain happens every six to nine months since the last four years. It knocks me out for three to four days. On a regular basis, I have lower back st...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have disc prolapse at two levels which is causing compression of nerves at those levels resulting in pain and recurrence of symptoms every few months. More than the report, MRI images are re...  Read Full »