Endometriosis Cysts

Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrium (lining of the uterus) starts growing on the fallopian tubes, bladder, ovaries, and bowel. When this forms a cyst in the ovaries, it is called endometrial cyst. It causes severe pelvic pain, heavy menstrual bleeding, and can result in cancer or infertility.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What causes pain during intercourse, spotting after, and burning on urination?

Query: Pain during intercourse , spotting after, burning urine. Chronic pain, and it is getting worse. I am birth control pills. Went to the doctor about it they said I didn’t have any sti’s or std’s.   Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Icliniq. If the infection are ruled out, then the chronic pain could be due to a condition called Endometriosis, where there can be severe pain during periods, and in worse cases it can be a while passing motion or while having sexual intercourse. Please get an ultrasound done to ...  Read Full »

How can we treat cyst in the ovary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years female. I have a cyst with echoes in the right ovary measuring 53 x 52 mm found during ultrasound. What to do? I am taking tablet Thyronorm 150 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cyst in the right ovary is found with thick walls and shows internal echoes, with size more than 4 mm. Ideally, the differentiation is needed to be done to know whether it is endom...  Read Full »

Can a hemorrhagic cyst in the right ovary cause pain in the left pelvic area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my left pelvic area, which gets better after taking Meftal Spas. I got an ultrasound done, which revealed a 5 cm hemorrhagic cyst in my right ovary. My period is also delayed. Is this cyst regular or an endometriosis cyst? Is this pain related to the cyst? What should I d...  Read Full »

Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are fine and only need very few changes. Let me tell you the problems one by one followed by what to do. Your cyst is just a hemorrhagic or corpus luteum cyst. After ovulation, the r...  Read Full »

Please interpret MRI taken for lower abdominal pain and gas problem.

Query: Hello doctor,I have left side lower abdominal pain and gas problem. I need a radiologist to interpret my MRI scan results. The laboratory tests performed was blood test in which CA 125 was elevated to 59.   Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) pelvis reveals (attachment removed to protect patient identity) a well defined hypo-intense lesion in the right adnexa from which right ovary is seen separately, and is likely to be an endometrioma. It shows mild homogenous enhancem...  Read Full »

I have endometriosis and cysts in both my ovaries. Should I try IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I am suffering from severe pain and heavy bleeding every month, during my periods. I need to take painkillers to feel fine, and sometimes, it does not work. My recent medical report shows that I have endometriosis and cysts on both of my ovaries. But, I am s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are few conditions where CA-125 (cancer antigen 125) remains elevated. Some of them are cancerous and some of them benign. Endometriosis is a benign condition, where CA-125 remains high. So, that is the reason for your high CA-125. IVF (in vitro fertiliz...  Read Full »

Could you help with my terrible periods pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone. You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulgura...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.