Fracture Healing

I want to know the location and severity of buckle fracture in the attached file. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor, Can you identify the buckle fracture location in my son's X-ray? Please see the attached files. I am interested in understanding the location and severity of the buckle fracture.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiologist, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attending doctors may have already informed you that buckle fractures are not of any severity. This is because the bones of the child are pliable enough so that the bone saves itself by buckling rather than breaking altogether. Treatment is quite simple and stra...  Read Full »

Please see my attached file and advise whether my fracture healed with proper alignment.

Query: Hello doctor,Please see my attached files and advised me that my radius bone is healing in alignment or not. My fracture is 20 days old, and plaster is opened swelling and pain in these areas. I doubt that my bone is not in alignment.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and the radius is out of alignment. The dorsal angulation appears to be 15 degrees. This is eyeballing, and I may be off by a few degrees, but the position is not acceptable in a young person, again I am assuming that you are less than 40 years of age ...  Read Full »

The x-ray of my broken hand shows that my bone is still unhealed. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My distal phalanx of the left-hand middle finger is broken (complete and open fracture) along with nail bed injury five months ago. As of now, I was feeling some abnormal activities at the fracture site. So I went for an X-ray, and it shows half of the bone is healed from the lower sid...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Well, we have to treat the patient and not X-ray. Kindly describe the abnormal activity you are feeling. Secondly, anything which you are not able to do with this hand?   Read Full »

Will a collarbone fracture heal by itself or need surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell from a bike and suffered a right collarbone fracture. It has been three weeks and bone still seems to be moving. My hand is in a sling and I am also wearing the brace. 2 to 3 days back started noticing bone tenting towards the skin. Will the fracture heal by itself or will I need s...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh C G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Treatment for clavicle fracture depends on the fracture configuration and displacements. If it is tenting the skin over it or shortening of more than 2 cm, it is an indication for surgical treatment. Surgery means we open the fracture site and reduce the fragments an...  Read Full »

Following fracture, my finger appears to be tilted. How to correct it?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a crack in my ring finger. But, after the plaster, the finger tilted towards the little finger. How to get it straight? It has been one week since the plaster is removed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One week is a good time to correct any deformities in the finger, if you do not feel that it is straight. Do not delay. Seek immediate consultation or upload the x-ray and show it to me as soon as possible. Also, upload the clinical photograph of the finger. I can see and...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for shoulder dislocation and fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I wish to know if a surgery is needed for shoulder dislocation-cum-fracture. The patient is already undergoing treatment for arthritis and depression. So, will there be complications if put on anesthesia?  Read Full »

Dr. Melvin J George

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the dislocation has been reduced and she is planned for surgery. I need to know about the status of the fracture, whether it is displaced or not and the exact location of the fracture. Can you share with me the X-ray image, so that I can answer you to...  Read Full »

Had treatment for displaced femur fracture. Can I walk like before without limping?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a left femur midshaft fracture while playing in a garden. It was a displaced fracture. So I underwent ORIF. A titanium rod was inserted before 57 days. Can I walk like before without limping and when? And there is no sensation in the upper thigh. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 15 years old, there are good chances that you will be able to walk soon because children's bone can unite fast. It has been more than six weeks so I think you can start putting partial weight on that limb. But before that, I would like to have a look at yo...  Read Full »

Can diabetic patients develop blue purple discoloration on their wounds?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is diabetic for past 20 years. She got her foot hurt five days ago. A wooden partition fell on her foot. At first, she was unable to walk. Then, she tried to walk. But today, the wound has turned to blue and purple color. So, my brother has taken her to the ER. What could happen t...  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. In case there is no fracture, there would be no problem at all. Just check that her sugars should be in the normal range. Injury is stress for her body, so it could lead to impaired sugars for a while. Keep a proper check on that. Also, w...  Read Full »

How much time will it take to recover from heel bone fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I have fractured both my heel bones during a jump from a six feet gate during vacations. Now I am back to my workplace. As per the doctor, there is no need for the surgery and the conservative treatment will work. Both the heels are in the cast now for past one month and there is only...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) lateral view of both heels taken nearly six weeks from the injury there is still a gap visible at the fracture site and this will mean that the fracture is not fully united. More importantly, there...  Read Full »

I still have lot of pain and back stiffness weeks after a fracture. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I fractured my pelvis in a car accident on the 7th. I was on crutches for six weeks and am now walking the past few weeks without. The fracture was a tiny hairline fracture of the sacrum and another two hairline fractures on the side towards the hip. No fractur...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain what you have could be due to SI (sacroiliac) joint which in turn may inhibit butt muscles and develop spasm. I suggest you do a lot of icing on the sacrum and on the butt muscles frequently, for 15 minutes every two hours once possibly. Since there is a f...  Read Full »