Globus Pharyngis

Will Pylokit intake cause globus sensation, burping and uneasiness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have GERD for the last three months. I consulted a gastroenterologist, general physician, and ENT specialist. In the beginning, I thought it to be mild acidity and took Ulgel syrup, Pantop and other general drugs. Then I got done with endoscopy in which I had H.pylori positive. My ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I did not see your endoscopy report. The only document you uploaded is of your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly upload it again. Well, it brings no surprise to me listening that part of your symptoms has occurred secondary to th...  Read Full »

The closed feel in my throat with mere swallowing saliva gives me a choking feeling. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had this issue for two to three months now and my symptoms are changing. It started with my throat feeling like it was closing every now and again and between my ears and jaw was sore for weeks. My tongue feels swollen and irritated all the time with little red dots around the ed...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having read through your symptoms I think, if any of doctors could not find any particular cause it might be what we call as burning mouth syndrome with globus sensation. It may be due to certain local conditions like ill fitting dentures, jagged sharp or carious tee...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in throat and ear while swallowing with globus pharyngeus?

Query: Hello doctor, I had globus pharyngeus for about 10 days and today it has evolved to a pain in the back of my throat which when I swallow causes pain in my left ear for a second too.  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your condition. Do not worry. It is a quite common scenario. Very manageable. Firstly, it is caused by one or few of the conditions like severe gastric reflux, infection in the throat, postnasal drip due to conditions like a sustained common cold, smokin...  Read Full »

What could cause a feeling of something at the back of throat with no pain and inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a feeling like something had been at the back of my left side of the throat for a few days. I do not know what it is? Tonsils are not inflamed, throat a bit dry, and does not hurt to swallow.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One of the reasons for your symptoms is anxiety which you told. Globus hystericus is a feeling of something like a lump in throat which cannot be swallowed, or swallowed and reappears. Tonsils usually are asymptomatic unless very large and obstruct throat are inflamed ...  Read Full »

I feel something in my throat while swallowing. Is it a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a feeling of mucus or something in my throat for the last three weeks. For a week I had a feeling of swallowing issues, where I felt not all of it was sticking to my throat. Now that sensation has more or less gone away, I still do feel like grain in my throat after finishing t...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing classically fit into globus pharyngeus. Manometric studies, endoscopy being normal, organic causes are ruled out. Hypo or hypomotility disorders would present in a typical manner and manometric studies would have shown something. Ne...  Read Full »

What causes constant irritation in the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, This query is for my mother. All the time she feels something stuck in her throat. The test we already done are endoscopy and scan. But, nothing abnormal has been revealed. She is still suffering from throat irritation feeling. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feeling something stuck in throat like foreign body sensation is common in females and is called as globus pharyngis (some constant feeling of obstruction in throat). It is very common and nothing much to worry.  It is supposed to be caused due to acidity and gastric re...  Read Full »

Why do I always feel that something is stuck in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do I always need to keep tensing my throat as if something is stuck?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi Chopra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing is known as a globus sensation. This is defined as the persistent or intermittent sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat for at least 12 weeks. The most common causes would be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), abnormalities of th...  Read Full »

I have throat pain, but there is no actual swelling. How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female. My symptoms are as follows: Intense throat pain while swallowing saliva. The pain radiates to the ear and sometimes, head and gives me a headache. Dry throat, especially in the area of pain. I also have a feeling of swelling in the throat, but the doctor said th...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not look like you got any malignancy to be worried. It does look like throat sore. Additionally, you might be having globus, which gives a feeling of throat swelling. I would suggest you to do gargles as prescribed and Benzydamine should help. Also, I suggest mul...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you match the presentations of globus pharyngeus or laryngopharyngeal reflux. Laryngopharyngeal reflux, like the one that occurs at the stomach-esophageal junction, occurs in the region of the neck due to the presence of some acid producing ...  Read Full »

I am facing problem on back wall of throat. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing some problem in my throat for about two months now. It is something that always present in the back wall of the throat. But there is no pain but sometimes it feels in the upper esophagus, other time it feels on the back wall of the throat. My ENT doctor examined my throat and...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and all the blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are all normal. Your CT (computed tomography) scan basically rules out any mass lesion in your neck or throat. The problem you are suffering from is know...  Read Full »