High Crp

Do high CRP and hs-CRP indicate cardiovascular problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old with a weight of 60 kilograms. I am taking asthma inhalers and allergy medicines. My CRP and hs-CRP levels are present in borderline. I have an LDL cholesterol of 96 mg/dL and the rest of the lipids are normal. How to lower the levels of CRP, hs-CRP, and LDL? Am I at a hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Palanivel Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have any recent infection. If yes, then the CRP (C-reactive protein) and hs-CRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein) levels can be raised due to that reason. If not, try to rule out immunological disorders. You can repeat CRP. If it is normal...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my on and off fever and persistent dry cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. It all started with a continuous dry cough a couple of months ago. I have a problem with recurring sinus and resultant cold and cough due to sinus. Additionally, I also have a dry cough problem whenever I eat something like pickles or anything sour. That dry c...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Noted you had a fever history and dry cough. In the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), a positive finding is raised CRP (C-reactive protein) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase). CRP and SGPT can be raised in viral inflammation ...  Read Full »

How to lower CRP and hs-CRP in an asthmatic?

Query: How to reduce hs crp and crp values as i am asthmatic although i don't get attacks but i am taking inhalers as a precaution. I am at high risk in covid due to low grade inflammation my doctor said. What risk do i have due to crp values as i am young like cardiovascular risk etc and how it could be l...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq. Thanks for reaching out to us. Your high CRP level is most likely as a result of your asthma. High values does not only relate to cardiovascular risk. In people with chronic inflammatory diseases like you, we can find high CRP levels. I can only suspect cardiovascular ...  Read Full »

What is the recommended course of action for high CRP level?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Potts disease, and after two months, my C-reactive protein has gone from 48 to 96. What further course of action should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your Pott's disease, I assume, is being treated with an anti-tuberculosis drug cocktail (dosage accurately adjusted according to your body weight). The spine surgeon can decide on healing and response to treatment based on your clinical response like a decrease in...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden multiple joint pain in the morning?

Query: About 2 days ago I started to notice some slight pain in a couple different joints. Then upon waking up yesterday morning my jount pain was awful . Finally I woke up this morning in severe Pain to where I was screaming and crying . I do not have any arthritis nor has this ever happen to me . What co...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending You and healing energy! Dear I check your city you live in is warm not cold.If you were living in very cold and had this problem then I would have think about some disease which affect joint in cold session. Since you said you had short history of joint pain it is be raise in level of...  Read Full »

Why am I having joint pain with increased CRP?

Query: Hello doctor,It usually pains in joints and happened for some years now. I have shown to various doctors and was told that it is due to a low level of Vit D3 and cured by taking regular Vit D3 medicines. Recently I have noticed pains in my joints in leg, hand, elbow, and foot. The affected area beco...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Your symptoms typically match palindromic rheumatism. It is an intermittent form of arthritis that can keep throwing joint pains and swelling intermittently initially. CRP done during an episode may have been high. There is a 50 percent ...  Read Full »

Are elevated sedimentation rate and CRP concerning facts of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is five years old. I recently took him to his pediatrician because he has been sweating at night and running hot during the day. It is hard to tell if this is really a new thing because he has always run hot, but I felt like the sweating might be increasing. Doctor ordered for...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Elevated sedimentation rate of 36 and a CRP of 8.5, looks nonconcerning to me. Not sure, what made you think about cancer. Usually, small kids do catch unknown bugs from their peer groups without throwing many symptoms. It seems he had a recent viral infection which ...  Read Full »

My CRP levels are high. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. My lab results suggest, 1. Normal CBC, ESR, kidney function, and liver functions. 2. Normal CT scan on the brain. 3. I am not diabetic and do not have blood pressure or heart disease. 4. I am negative for all the virus A, B, C and HIV gen 1,2 and 3. 5. El...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The CRP (C-reactive protein) raised in case of any inflammation in the body. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) doesn't need to be always increased when CRP raised because ESR is a non-specific marker of inflammation. It is not as much sense as like that of CRP...  Read Full »

My CRP value is 2.61. What does it indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, In my routine blood check, the CRP value came up as 2.61. Is this harmful? The lipid profile is as per nominal value. I am attaching the reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I find that your MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is raised, and SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic¬†transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are slightly raised and CRP as wel...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for recurrent fever with high ESR and CRP levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a fever every day. But, every day the fever occurs and goes to a maximum of 100 degrees, and it gets back to the body temperature without any medications. It is repetitive. I have done a few blood tests and am attaching the reports. I have found out that my CRP and ESR is ver...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a viral fever only as it settles within four to five days. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are usually elevated due to viral fever or any other fever. As it gets recovered within four to five days without any antibiotics, ...  Read Full »