Low Rbc Count

Why do I have low RBC, hemoglobin and high levels of thyroid hormones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done some blood tests. I have high iron content with low RBC, hemoglobin and high levels of thyroid. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your hemoglobin. RBC (red blood cells) and PCV (packed cell volume) are low with high bilirubin levels. It can be due to anemia especially hemolytic anemia in which the red blood cells get destructed and so HB (hemoglobin) falls down. You need to investigat...  Read Full »

Does sudden increase in WBC with less RBC indicate leukemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned about my recent CBC results. My monocytes are high at .79, and also my hematocrit and platelets are gradually decreasing. I saw my primary care physician for my elbow, arm pain, and had my annual CBC. Then a few weeks later, I had blood in my urine. My doctor ordered a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan

Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have uploaded the CBC report to document anemia's degree (cluing towards the potential cause of anemia by red cell indices) and thrombocytopenia. However, anemia could be due to the loss of blood in the urine. Contrarily, blood loss in urine might be menst...  Read Full »

Is bone marrow transplantation the right choice of treatment for anemia and leukopenia?

Query: Hello doctor, My uncle’s child has some blood-related problems as his hemoglobin is only 5 points. He was admitted to the hospital and did his bone marrow biopsy. The report is not good. His RBC has severe anemia microcytic type, and WBC has leucopenia, and platelets have thrombocytopenia. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just went through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have provided. I could only find one report of peripheral blood smear. Based on the history provided and CBC (complete blood count), there is a possibility of Aplastic anemia. The trea...  Read Full »

Can a drop in temperature trigger an allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with an allergy. I suspect it to be because of the temperature that I have set my room at. The symptoms include a burning sensation in the stomach, legs, numbness, and pain in the legs, ankles, thighs, and knees. It happened earlier only in winters, this year it sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to us, and I have checked your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are some changes in your blood reports, such as slightly decreased RBC (red blood cells), increased lymphocytes, and decreased monocytes, which can be du...  Read Full »

Do low RBC count and high IG count have any underlying pathology?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 58-year-old male with a height of 6.3 feet and weight 315 lbs. I had a CBC test done this week. The RBC, HGB, and HCT results were below average. There was an IG, and it was 0.05, and the reference range is 0.00-0.003. The IG % was 0.90, and the reference range is 0.00-1.00. This ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry for the delayed response. Following is my opinion on your asked question. The low hemoglobin and hematocrit were due to mild anemia. It could be due to any internal or intestinal bleeding or due to piles. RBC (red blood cells) count can come low due to low hemoglo...  Read Full »

Please review my reports and advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Please review my report and advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have checked your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blood sugar, cholesterol, and creatinine like values are absolutely within range. Your red blood cells count borderline low but hemoglobin and HCT (hematocrit) within range....  Read Full »

My MCHC, RBC, and HCT are low. Is it due to anemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having symptoms concurrent with anemia. I recently had a blood test done and my hemoglobin, MCHC, RBC, and HCT are low. RDW is high. Iron saturation is at the lowest end of normal. I am having problems with shortness of breath. Can this all be attributed to some form of anemia?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and below is my answer to your question. You are certainly having mild degree anemia in the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could probably be an iron deficiency anemia as you have mentioned low iron and sa...  Read Full »

Had a routine check-up and a few of my hematological paarameters are abnormal. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Recent health check (which I do it by myself routinely and I do not have any diabetes, BP or any other disorder), I found abnormal values of the following hematological parameters, Hb- just normal, RBC- low, MCHC- low, MCV- high (lab has marked all the last three items under bold). Li...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your hemoglobin level is within normal range. So you may need not to worry about that. You need not worry regarding slight low red blood cell count. For slight high MCV, you can in...  Read Full »

What can be done for low RBC count in anemic?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from anemia. She was hospitalized with hemoglobin 4.6. After two units of blood transfusion, it came up to 6.8 and gone back to 6.3 after 10 days, then another unit was transfused. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, CT-scan have been done but no concrete reason was found. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her RBC count is very low with low serum ferritin and high serum iron (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, her anemia is normocytic normochromic which is generally seen in bleeding due to chronic blood loss or in chronic disease. Other causes can b...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my decreasing hemoglobin levels?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31 year old female. My hemoglobin is going down after bone marrow aspiration and biopsy or due to the medicines I am taking. I am taking Wysolone 25 mg daily and Danazol 200 mg twice a day since 12 days.  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the reports (attachment removed to¬†protect patient identity), only the serum ferritin levels are quite elevated along with reduced RBC count and hemoglobin levels. This picture is indicative of ineffective erythropoiesis which can be either due to a chronic inf...  Read Full »