Allergy

Related Terms: Levocetirizine, Montelukast, Asthma, Antihistamines, Fexofenadine, Sinusitis, Fluticasone

Allergy - the Term Explained in a Scientific Way

Article Overview: Due to the widespread use of the term allergy, there are many misconceptions about allergic disorders among patients and the general population. This article aims to explain allergy in a scientific way, but in simple language and with examples.
Dr. Parin Niranjanbhai Parmar
Allergy Specialist

Allergic disorders are very common and are increasing worldwide. The term allergy is also very commonly used by doctors, patients and the general population. However, the liberal use of the word allergy has created many misconceptions and confusions about allergies. Allergy is an immunological ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy on the head part of my penis and the inner skin of my penis. Consulted a local doctor. The doctors are saying that, it is just an allergy and giving some tablets and ointments. But it is not recovering. Give me your advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. There could be many causes for such lesions like fungal infection (candidal balanoposthitis), lichen planus, irritant dermatitis, and etc. Candidal BP is the most common cause amongst all. So right now, I would advise you that, wash the area with lukewarm water twic...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get an allergy testing done, either a skin prick or a blood comprehensive. Next, based on the allergens you are sensitive to, we can advise you on further course of action. With respect to getting tolerant to Cetirizine 10 mg, why not try Fexofenadine 120 or 180...  Read Full »

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand your concern regarding cure of allergies. Unfortunately, allergy of the nose cannot be totally cured, but definitely can be prevented. I would recommend the following:1. Get an allergy skin test done; so as to identify the allergen.  Avoiding the a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am having some allergy on the head part and the inner skin of my penis. I have some white bubble like spots. Please help.   Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy over the penis is very uncommon. It would be something else. Please send photos so that I can identify it and give you the proper treatment.  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have food allergy and I want to learn more about my situation. I have a lot of allergies and I cannot eat almost everything. Is there any test I can take to check and find out if it will go off? Will this allergy persist for the rest of my life? Doctor's report says, 31 years old fem...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and symptoms you need to find out the allergen which is hurting you, by observing your daily lifestyle properly. Best treatment for allergy is to avoid the allergen. You may get relief with tablet Allegra 120mg once daily. There is no definitive ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have nasal allergies which can trigger sneezing and a runny nose along with sneezing when I come in contact with dust. However, I constantly have thick post nasal drip mucus that covers my vocal chords and makes my voice very weak all the time. My nose has not felt 100 % open in yea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms point towards chronic rhinosinusitis superimposed or worsened by allergy. All symptoms can be explained by this. Singers are more troubled by this condition because they require clear sinonasal cavities for good voice and resonance. I suggest you get some ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, From the last one year, I have Pitta allergy. There are itchy raised bumps on my body. However, they disappear after some time. It is very disturbing and irritating. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Anand Rao Mengji
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I presume you are suffering from urticaria. Urticaria is a disease where there is a transient vascular reaction in the skin due to some allergens. The eruptions are usually raised skin rashes with redness and severe itching. It can be very disturbing when at work. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a history of coughing for a few weeks here and there in spring and fall. It will be fine after about three weeks. Then, my throat will start to itch, and I will begin to have trouble talking. Later, I start coughing explosively. Once I get to the coughing phase, my eyes start...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At present, you are suffering from allergic rhinitis converting to allergic asthma. Get your absolute eosinophilic count done and you need to go for spirometry only at the time of the attack to pinpoint the diagnosis. The differential diagnosis includes allergic bronchi...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Allergy? We have medical experts to help you right away.