Anti Inflammatory Medications

About "Anti Inflammatory Medications"

The drugs that help reduce inflammation and pain are called anti-inflammatory medication. The most common anti-inflammatory drugs are Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen. They help by blocking prostaglandins, which is the substance that makes us feel pain during an inflammation.

Related Terms: Ice Pack, Nsaids, Physical Therapy, Physiotherapy, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Paracetamol

Recently Answered Questions

I had sinus surgery 15 days back. When will the pain go away?
Query: Hello doctor,I had my sinus surgery 15 days back. After four days nasal cleaning was done. After it, I got severe pain for five to seven days. But after that it reduced. But still, it persists. Please let me know how much time it will fully go away. I am clearing that I had all type of sinuses and m...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal
ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Are you not taking any anti-inflammatory medication? You should take paracetamol one gram twice daily. it will reduce swelling as well as pain. For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online -->  Read Full »
Will Sinarest help in throat infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat and unable to speak. I have started Augmentin 625 since yesterday with no relief so far.  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Srivastava
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Antibiotics usually take some time to show their effect. Since you have been started on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication from yesterday, finish the course as directed and you will be fine. If you feel ill after completion of course, then we will go for a ch...  Read Full »
I had ankle ligament tear a year ago. Why has not it healed yet?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask. I had a partial ligament tear in my ankle last year. It has been a year since the incident, but it seems like I have not fully recovered. I still feel a slight pain in my ankle after I do exercises or recreations. But according to one of the doctors, I suppos...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The management for a partial ligament tear is institution of early physical therapy, ankle brace if required, anti-inflammatory medications for pain relief, etc. Now, one year is more than adequate time for to heal unless there has been a repeat injury to the ankle. Can y...  Read Full »
What can be done to heal bursitis heel?
Query: Hello doctor, I have bursitis heel for the last seven months not healing in spite of ultrasound, healing creams, exercises, anti-inflammation medicine. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is called Enthesitis and is due to inflammation of plantar fascia. You need at least 10 days of anti-inflammatory medications. Do an ESR, CRP and if possible PDUS of the heel. Start capsule Indocap SR 75 once a day along with Pantoprozole 40 mg morning.  Read Full »
I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?
Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello and welcome to Thank you for contacting us. You should put a warm bandage around your heel. In the picture you sent us, I was able to observe the swelling. You need to take some anti-inflammatory medications, which will help with the inflammation and pain.   I would advise you ...  Read Full »
What is the treatment for facet hypertrophy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management. Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive phy...  Read Full »
There is swelling and pain in cheek due to decayed tooth. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have had pain recently in a tooth that has a hole in it for several months and the pain has been horrible and a couple of days back, I woke up with swollen cheek on the side of my bad tooth and pain is also there. When I touch my cheek, pain shoots down to my tooth and I do not know...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, it seems to me that you are having acute apical periodontitis with related buccal space infection. You need antibiotics for at least five days, so have non-steroidal anti-inflammat...  Read Full »
I have testicle pain after unprotected sex. Could it be epididymitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I had unprotected sex last week. It was a three-hour long session and I was a little sore afterward but felt totally fine the next few days. Then, three days ago, I noticed a slight pain in my balls and the discomfort has continued until today. It is most pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Generally, epididymitis or orchitis is the most common possibility in your scenario. It might be a mild infection. That is the reason there are no other symptoms. You could go for an ultrasound with color Doppler of the testis to confirm it. You will require antibioti...  Read Full »
Why are my biceps so painful after gym workout?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old, weight 69 kg and height 5 feet 7 inches. I recently started a gym, and this is the first time that I have ever done gym. My instructor made me do bicep curls and hammer. Post that, I did not feel any pain. But after approximately 24 hours, I felt pain in my biceps. My ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do not worry about your current complaint as it seems to be normal muscle soreness. Absolutely nothing to worry. I suggest you do a lot of icing over both biceps, gentle stretching to be done for both biceps, gentle massage over the biceps muscles. If you have any an...  Read Full »
How to get treated for ulcerative colitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from ulcerative colitis for the past five years. I had a colonoscopy twice and sigmoidoscopy once in the past five years. I am 28 years old. I had Balacol 750 mg six times a day and Mesacol enema for a month. Because of short supply of Balacol, I cannot take it for one week...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from ulcerative colitis and that requires evidence of the findings in colonoscopy and biopsy. This is a chronic condition and requires chronic treatment based on the severity of the disease and the ongoing symptoms. Treatm...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Anti Inflammatory Medications? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!