Antibacterial Mouthwash

Related Terms: Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Mouthwash, Dental Scaling, Chlorhexidine Mouthwash, Bleeding Gums, Calculus, Halitosis

How to cure bad breath permanently?
Query: Hello doctor, My mouth stinks very badly. What shall I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get a full mouth scaling done from a dentist. Start using antibacterial mouthwash (example: Listerine) twice daily for two weeks. This is the best for stinking mouth (bad breath/ halitosis). Another method for curing bad breath is saline mouth rinse. Take a small ...  Read Full »

What medicine can be used to relieve gum pain after scaling?
Query: Hello doctor, My younger brother aged 18 years, is having teeth bleeding from a month. So I suggested him to consult a dentist and he went for it. As no one was there to guide him about what to do, he got into a trap by some brokers and they took him to their doctor. The doctor said it is pyorrhea...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best therapy for healing of gums after scaling is as follows: 1. Saline water mouth rinses. Take a cup of lukewarm water, put 1/4th teaspoon of salt in it and do its rinses twice a day, mandatory for two weeks. New and healthy gums grow every 14 days so they will b...  Read Full »

My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white?
Query: Hello, My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white at home? If I go and do the cleaning with a dentist, how much would it cost?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Yellow teeth can be of different types. If teeth are slightly yellowish with plaque, you can make them clean and white just by brushing properly twice a day with light hand pressure.  Avoid abrasive brushing as they can cause the white outer layer of teeth to shed off and...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.Is scaling only a temporary process to clean the teeth?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

Bad breath - Why your mouth stinks and how to cure it?
Article Overview: You must need to know how, when and, why your mouth stinks and how this problem can be prevented?!  Read Article »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

"EwWw. . . Your Mouth Stinks!" *embarrassed* - Yes! These words can stab deeply into one's heart like a sharp knife. Want to avoid this situation? You must need to know how, when, why your mouth stinks and how this problem can be prevented?!Bad breath/ Mouth stinking - medically termed as ...  Read Article »

How to Maintain Good Oral Hygiene?
Article Overview: This article discusses the steps to maintain proper oral hygiene for a healthy living.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

In an individual, oral health is one of the foremost indicator of any underlying infection, disease or medical condition. Everyone should remember one important thing that, mouth along with its intraoral environment is an important indicator of many underlying dieases. So, maintaining perfect oral ...  Read Article »

I got my dry sockets packed twice already, then why is the pain not going down?
Query: Hi doctor, I had four teeth extracted a week ago, two on top and two on the bottom. I did not get numb at all, so I felt it all. I was diagnosed with a dry socket on the bottom. The dentist that I went to packed it twice now, after 4 to 5 days. As the extracted teeth were adjacent teeth, so when ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pallavi Srivastava
Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query.Dry socket after extraction is caused due to the blood clot getting dislodged from the extraction socket. So ideally, the dry socket should be curetted, which means it should be cleaned and irrigated with medicine, and obtundent dressing m...  Read Full »

I have enlarged bumps on the back of my tongue. Is that due to fungal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have some enlarged bumps and white lesion on the back of my tongue. I thought that I had a gum problem because my saliva was often brownish and I had a funny taste in my mouth. Now, I believe that I have some fungus infection. It looks exactly like on the pict...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. From the picture posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity), those bumps seen on the tongue are suggestive of enlarged or swollen circumvallate papillae. There are four types of papillae on the surface of t...  Read Full »

I drank povidone-iodine mouthwash by mistake. Is my health at risk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old. I drank Povidone-iodine germicide gargle 10 ml in the morning and 10 ml in the afternoon. Will it affect my health as I am suffering from gastritis? I am also taking other medicines for acid reflux and my other question is that I feel a burning sensation in my left...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Betadine (Povidone-Iodine 10 %) has been used as an external disinfectant prior to surgery for years. The active antimicrobial agent is iodine and is necessary for thyroid hormone synthesis. Excess iodine will be filtered out by the normal kidneys. Povidone is a common...  Read Full »

I fear that my teeth are going to fall out due to receding gums. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,I have receding gums, and they are sore as well. Two of the teeth are wobbly, and I am terrified they are going to fall out. I am only 19 years old. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. I used to smoke. Since I have noticed my teeth issue, I quit smoking. Please help me. I am desperat...  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaint, it looks like you have deep gum infection and it is causing loss of attachment of teeth to gums making them loose. As you are a smoker, it causes the gum health to deter even faster. When there is a recession, only home remedies will not be sufficie...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Antibacterial Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away.