Breakage Of Condom

Related Terms: Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Condoms, Emergency Contraception, Unwanted 72, I-pill, Hiv Infection, Beta Hcg

What to do if condom breaks to prevent pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 18 years old. I had sexual intercourse. We used contraceptives like a condom. But the condom got broked. I do not know whether the sperm has gone inside. I washed my genitals quickly after knowing that the condom has got broken. I took a pregnancy test, and it came negative. Can I pu...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had intercourse around 10th to 17th day of your cycle, and if you have a regular menstrual cycle, then the possibility of conception increases with each day within that period when the condom has broken. In this situation, you can take an emergency pill within 72...  Read Full »

What are the preventive measures in case of slippage or breakage of condoms?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old heterosexual male. I am HIV negative with no known STD. I always have safe sex. I always have very safe sex with girls who are not sex workers. But may have casual sex with others. Generally, I would imagine that they too would be practicing safe sex with their regul...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An unsafe sex increases the chance of contracting STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) as well as HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). As you mentioned that the status of your partners are mostly not known, so this puts you in risk of contracting STD or HIV if you get in...  Read Full »

I took emergency contraceptive in the morning after sex. Will I get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a miscarriage two months back and got my first periods last month. Ten days back I had sex with my husband with a condom but I wonder it leaked perhaps. I took emergency contraceptive next morning. Now I am worried when will I have my periods? I do not want to get pregnant so so...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have already had emergency contraceptive pills. So you might have this hormonal pills effects for few weeks as these interfere normal menstrual cycle and prevent fertilization and pregnancy. Mostly after taking pills, there is withdrawal bleeding in 1 to 2 weeks and...  Read Full »

I had vaginal intercourse and condom broke. Am I at the risk of HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago I had a scare. I had vaginal intercourse with a girl from the bar and the condom broke and I removed immediately. I asked her about her status and she stated clean. There was some blood on the bed from her after. I started PEP within 24 hours from the clinic, they gave m...  Read Full »
Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is good. A sore throat is very common at this time. You can go to ENT specialist. You can have tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) two times a day after food for three to five days, tablet TAXIM O (Cefixime)...  Read Full »

What tests should be taken to confirm HIV status?
Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with CSW and my condom got broken. I have started feeling symptoms and have a cold sore throat and rashes on my back. I had tested 22nd day and 95th day both are antibody test and got negative and my doctor asked me to retest after six months. I had read that 84 days are enoug...  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding HIV infection, the window period (or period in which a person might test negative for the virus but actually be positive because of a delayed immune response) is typically between 21 and 60 days. There is however some evidence that it can be as long as 180 day...  Read Full »

Is performing ELISA test difficult?
Query: Hi doctor, Before 16 years, I had two high risk exposure with sex workers and the risk was condom break in both situations. After three months from my last exposure I did ELISA test for HIV 1 and 2. It came back negative. Again, I did the same mistake after one year, condom break with a sex worker....  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) is very easy to perform and has a sensitivity of around 99%, that means out of 100 HIV positive persons it will come positive in 99 of them. 1 person may come negative despite of him being HIV positive. So, at first instance, neg...  Read Full »

Will expired condom lead to pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex with my girlfriend. Unfortunately, it was an expired condom. But, we had no problem with the condom. Now, my girlfriend has missed her periods. So, please give me your suggestion.  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the condom did not break, then the chance of pregnancy is low. But, she can do a urine pregnancy test to confirm her current state. For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

Should my fiancee take Primolut N to get her withdrawal bleed?
Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex with my fiancee, but the condom leaked. She had an I-pill within two hours. It was just after her period cycle. She had spotting after a week which lasted for a day and again after 15 days. It has been 17 days now since she missed her regular period date. We took a u...  Read Full »
Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to get an irregular period after taking I-pill. Consider spotting after taking I-pill as the new period date. You can expect her next period as per this date. The pregnancy test will be negative as you had intercourse in the safe period. Do not worry about p...  Read Full »

I did not have withdrawal bleeding even after eight days of taking Unwanted 72. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I had sexual intercourse with my fiance on the fifth day of my periods, and we used a condom, but the condom tore. I took Unwanted 72 within three hours, after which I experienced no side effects of the pill. I did not have any withdrawal bleeding, and today is the eighth day after tak...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Withdrawal bleeding is not a compulsion. Anyway, there was no need of an emergency contraceptive pill on the fifth day of your period. Please do not take Unwanted 72 frequently. There are no chances of pregnancy from this intercourse. For more information consult an obste...  Read Full »

I-Pill - When to Take and Its Side Effects
Article Overview: There is an enormous shift in attitude among the youth towards sex. Although they are leading a modern lifestyle, they are often caught up in unfamiliar situations. This article aims to create more awareness regarding the popular 'morning-after' pill and how to use it correctly to avoid an unplanned pregnancy.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Accidents do happen. That is the reason we have emergency contraceptive pills such as I-pill available. However, these are not regular birth control pills. They are meant to be used only in emergency situations. They are never to be used as the primary method of contraception. Also, this tablet is ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Breakage Of Condom? We have medical experts to help you right away.