Chills

Related Terms: Fever, Paracetamol, Viral Infection, Anxiety, Antibiotics, Complete Blood Count, Dehydration, Diarrhea

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?
Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full »

I have chills, vomiting, and anxiety after stopping Gabapentin. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Celexa 10 mg for two years. Recently, I was prescribed Gabapentin 100 mg twice daily, which I took for about a month, but started having stomach issues. So, I titrated it down to 100 mg a day for a week by myself and then stopped it. It has been almost three weeks and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Withdrawal symptoms seem to be unlikely after three weeks of stopping Gabapentin. Check if you have a fever. If not I would suggest you try taking PPI (proton pump inhibitor) for vomiting and Benzodiazepines for anxiety and insomnia. Skip Celexa for a couple of days....  Read Full »

Can high fever and chill occur due to kidney stone?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old woman, and started having severe lower back pain and nausea about a week ago. Went to the ER, had a CT scan, diagnosed with a 6.5 mm kidney stone in my right ureter with mild hydronephrosis. I was given Percocet and sent home with instructions to see a urologist. I w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High fever and chill are indicative of infection indeed and as we have a cause rightly evident there are chances that you may be developing hydronephrosis (accumulation of urine in swollen kidney) in the right kidney and a secondary infection following stasis of urine...  Read Full »

I got fever with chills and WBC count is 11900. Is it serious?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a fever with chills and feeling cold. I took Dolo 650 and fever is gone but still continue to feel chills in my legs and sometimes feel cold. I went to the doctor. He asked me to get CBC test and routine urine test. In my CBC test, my WBC count is 11900, rest all are in no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly let me know if any other symptoms you have like burning micturition, abdominal pain, dyspnea, etc. Your total WBC count not much raised, it is only slightly increased. In urine, 6 to 8 pus cells are not significant. So, it can be a viral infection and symptoma...  Read Full »

Are night sweats and chills symptoms of PMS?
Query: Hello doctor, My period typically lasts for 6-7 days and comes on time according to my period calculation for the past two years. It starts out with two to three days of somewhat heavy period then the rest of it is light spotting with no pain throughout the entire period. Maybe the first day might h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chills and night sweats are actually unusual symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome). They have been seen in some women who experience a sudden Progesterone withdrawal as compared to a gradual one, leading to heavier first two days of menses possibly with clots. ...  Read Full »

Can there be fever and chills in the postpartum period?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife aged 24, has fever, cough and severe chill from last 2 weeks. We had all the tests done namely typhoid, dengue, blood tests and urine test including x-ray. Everything seems normal in her reports. Yet, she has all the above mentioned symptoms. We repeated urine and blood test and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your wife has delivered two months back. So, she is still in her postpartum period (period of six weeks following delivery of a baby). Any kind of fever with chill we must rule out postpartum infection. For that, proper antibiotics are the dru...  Read Full »

What is the cause of chills and vomiting while taking medicines for hypertension?
Query: Hello doctor,The patient suddenly feels chills all over the body after taking a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker, Clopidogrel, Aspirin, and Atorvastatin. She is unable to stand, walk or move. The BP monitor shows e3/e4 error, not showing any BP value. When checked in sphygmomanom...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and can understand you are worried about a patient who is feeling a bunch of symptoms. Thanks for adding the detailed medications she is taking. From her overall scenario, based on the information provided, it seems she may be having issue...  Read Full »

Why am I having fever with chill and decreased platelet count?
Query: Hello doctor, I got a fever with a chill. So, got my CBC done in which hemoglobin is 14.5. TIC is 6800,neutrophil is 65, lymphocyte is 29, monocyte is 0, RBC count is 4.67, hematocrit is 46.8, MCV is 100.2, MCH is 31.0, MCHC is 31.9, and platelets count are 113.0. Malaria test is negative. Two year...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. CBC seems to be good except for a mild decrease in platelet count. You need to do a dengue serology again but as of now there is nothing to worry about. Please let me know since when you are having the fever.  Read Full »

Can Hydralazine cause sinus congestion, headache, chills and dizziness?
Query: Hello doctor, I just started taking Hydralazine 25 mg three times a day yesterday. Today, I started feeling jittery with a very bad sinus pressure and a headache. My blood pressure is down to 115/75 after being at 145/93. My heart rate has increased to 90. I feel very cold like I have a fever, and a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these are the side effects of Hydralazine. In my opinion, 25 mg thrice a day is a high dose.  The tachycardia and dizziness are also because of excess diuresis by Hydralazine. Discuss with your doctor regarding changing the dose to 25 mg once a day. Take plen...  Read Full »

What can cause recurrent fever and chills?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 49 year old male. I have been suffering from fever and chills for the one week. I started on antibiotics Novoclox. I had two tablets and the next day had rashes on the body. Hence, I started taking Cetirizine once daily. The fever and rash has subsided now. Today morning, I had alc...  Read Full »
Dr. Uphar Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The history of fever with chills along with rashes do point to a differential diagnosis of malaria and a wide variety of viral fevers. The fever of malaria classically comes in phases, once every two or three days along with chills and rigors. The history of alcohol and n...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chills? We have medical experts to help you right away.