Control Hair Loss

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Minoxidil, Hair Care, Causes For Hair Fall, Prevent Hair Loss, Dandruff

How do I control hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My problem is regular hair fall. How to control hair loss? Also, I want to regrow it. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can help you, please answer the following questions so I can be sure it is male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia. The average number of hair that fall for you in a day. Are you taking any medication? Have you fallen sick in the past one year? Doe...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of antiepileptic drugs?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old girl and it has been almost four years that I have been suffering from epilepsy. The medicines I take are Levipil 500 mg, Rivotril 0.5 mg and Cetadom for headache. Recently, I am feeling that my memory power and concentration are falling down. I have also been facing...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, all antiepileptic drugs cause weight gain. In fact, Levipil (Levetiracetam) is also known to cause weight gain and hair loss. You do not have an option till your primary doctor agrees to give you Topiramate as antiepileptic instead of Levipil, as Topiramate is known ...  Read Full »

Why is my head shedding excess hair these days?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been shedding excess hair in the past few weeks. It was just a few in the beginning but now when I comb my hand through my head, 10 to 15 strands of hair come out in my hand. I do not know what is causing this. I have tried to find the reason online but there are lots of theori...  Read Full »
Dr. Stuti Khare Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach an image to know the severity of your problem. It is usually normal to lose 80 to 100 hairs per day. But yes, if you never had a hair fall and are suddenly witnessing it, it might be due to some underlying etiology. As you mentioned about your recent...  Read Full »

I have severe hair loss after hair straightening. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor,I had got my hair straightened twice this year. Now, I face severe hair loss. Even my scalp is visible on one side. What should I do now?  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take a nutritious and protein-rich diet that includes pulses, milk products, and eggs. The routine application of gels and frequent blow drying of your hair causes hair problems and damage. So, kindly avoid that. Use Xgain shampoo (Vitamin E acetate, Soy Protein, and J...  Read Full »

Do laser combs help regrow hair?
Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing hair loss problem. I have read somewhere that laser comb helps regrow hair on the scalp. Is it worth buying the laser comb? Do they actually work?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concern. There are laser combs, which claim hair regrowth. They claim to be effective in treating hair loss problem. These are low-intensity laser devices that claim to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle. There are only tw...  Read Full »

Why is my 6 year old daughter experiencing diffuse hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has been experiencing diffuse hair loss from the past few weeks. The hair loss is at least double than normal, in the 200 range, and it falls extremely easy from her head. It is not patchy and I can find no bald spots, her scalp looks healthy. So far, the loss is...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it appears that your child's hair loss is because of acute telogen effluvium. This is an acute condition, wherein any radical change in the health condition of the person leads to insult to the scalp hair, causing a shift in the hair cycle from the gr...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best treatment for baldness.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old single male. I have severe hair fall and I feel that I am going bald. You can see in the attached pictures. Around two years back, hair fall started and the volume reduced to half of my original hair. Now, I feel almost all hair has gone. I am taking antidepressant...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the medicine that you have taken for the male pattern baldness does not work much in this condition. After certain limit, oil and tablets are useless. As you are young, hair transplant is the only way to get your hair back. You are a good choice for hair t...  Read Full »

Are Hair4U lotion and Biotin safe medicines for hair loss?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrote...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Control Hair Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.