Cough With Blood

Related Terms: Chest X- Ray, Cough, Complete Blood Count, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Fever, Amoxicillin, Viral Infection, Bronchitis

Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for persistent cough.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year woman. I read about ayurveda on the internet and would like to use it as a means to find a lasting cure for my health problems. I have been coughing for over 2 years now and cough up blood and also have pain on the right upper side of my back. I also experience dizzines...  Read Full »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good to hear about ayurveda from you. But we cannot neglect chronic cough with blood. So, it is my humble request for you to visit a local physician immediately and get back to me with the reports like x-ray, blood test, etc.  Read Full »

What is the hazy region near lung nodule in a CT-scan?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is a 68-year-old female, non-smoker. She had a severe cold and cough two months ago. After a course of Azithromycin, her symptoms improved except she just has a dry cough at night. Last week she had a cough with blood. I took her to urgent care, they prescribed antibiotics (...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the 10 images uploaded, 8 CT images and two report images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are right about the haziness posterior to the nodule in images 97-99/ 241. So what we see is a nodule with hazy margins. Concerning this a...  Read Full »

I cough up mucus with specks of blood. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor,The last few weeks I have been coughing a lot. Multiple times a day I will gag and cough up mucus. Sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is green with red specks in which I assume is blood. I have a pressure on my chest so breathing can be hard.  Read Full »
Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and went through the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes violent coughing can lead to specks of blood in sputum. You said that you have chest congestion and greenish sputum. That means you ar...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about blood in sputum?
Query: Hello doctor, Over the last two days, I have had a bad sore throat. It also accompanies with a slight cough, trouble in sleeping, occasional uncommon sweating, body soreness or fatigue, slight vomiting and voice loss. It is not really getting better. It originally appeared to be just a bad cold, b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have provided I strongly suspect that you are suffering from an acute upper respiratory tract infection. The bacterial products and body's response against the invading organisms are causing you the symptoms of sore throat, fever, sweating, fatigue, e...  Read Full »

I am coughing up blood in the mornings past three days. Should I worry?
Query: Hi doctor, I saw a blood streak while coughing into a tissue in the morning for the past three days, occurring only in the morning. I had a cold, but now I have just been coughing for the past 10 days. Please tell me if the blood I see is something to worry about or not. Also, I would like to know ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramkesh Prasad
Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have a blood streak while coughing and only in the morning. You have also mentioned that you have a cold. There are many possibilities as to what caused the blood streak with your cough. As you have been suffering from a cough, it is hi...  Read Full »

Is coughing blood be a serious concern?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough since 5 days. I have noticed little blood in my cough. I am worried about it. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Margi Barot

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following information in order to rule out other possibilities. As you have said you had cough. I would like to know more about your cough.Is it sudden onset or chronic? Is it dry or with sputum? Any similar episode in recent past? If yes, then an...  Read Full »

I get blood along with a cough. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I get cold, I have blood coming along with a cough. I have this problem for the past one year. After drinking water and taking cough syrup, it becomes normal. I went to the doctor, and a chest X-ray was done. The result was normal. After a month, I had the same problem and went ...  Read Full »
Dr. Harsha D S
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in sputum can occur due to different causes. We need to find the reason whether the blood comes from the nose or throat. It can also occur due to localized damage to the lungs called bronchiectasis. But it is usually seen in CT scan. Please send me the images of t...  Read Full »

How to tell if there is a blood clot in the lung?
Query: Hello doctor, What are the symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung?  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.The common signs and symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung (pulmonary embolism) include: Shortness of breath that appears suddenly and worsens with exertion. Chest pain that worsens when you breathe deeply, cough, eat, bend or stoop. Cough might be asso...  Read Full »

I am getting blood in cough. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am getting blood in cough. What should I do? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Madhankumar
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The question is what and where the blood is coming from (hemoptysis). For people with a prolonged cough, you can sometimes have a small tear in tissues which leads to a very small amount of blood. This is something that would happen after multiple days of severe coughin...  Read Full »

What medicine should I avoid while taking Lithium and Quetiapine?
Query: Hi doctor, I am on Lithium 600 mg per day and Quetiapine 300 mg per day. I would like to know what kind of food, beverages and medicines I should avoid.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding Lithium: Medications for depression (antidepressant drugs) interact with it. Do not take Lithium if you are taking medications for depression. Some of these medications include SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Fluoxetine and others in the s...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cough With Blood? We have medical experts to help you right away.