Gastrointestinal Abnormality

Related Terms: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Gerd Symptoms, Alcoholism, Celiac Disease, Esomeprazole, Gerd, Increase Water Intake

The entire surface of the fetus is fluid-filled. What does it mean?
Query: Hello doctor, Based on the result of the ultrasound, the entire surface of the fetus is fluid-filled from the head all the way to the body of the fetus. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me start by saying that this is not a good sign. I would have preferred to see the scan picture myself. What you are mentioning seems to be hydrops fetalis. Here water gets collected both inside and outside the body. Baby will have water colle...  Read Full »

Dermatitis Herpetiformis
Article Overview: If a person taking wheat, barley and rye in diet and develops extensively itching symmetrical lesions over extensor aspect of the body, then we must think of this disease. Here, I have discussed the causes, presentation and treatment of dermatitis herpetiformis.  Read Article »

Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is characterized by an intensely itchy, chronic, papulovesicular eruption that is usually distributed symmetrically on the extensor surfaces. The prevalence varies from 10 to 39 per 100,000 persons. Although more common in the second, third or fourth decades, DH may sta ...  Read Article »

What causes pain in the left side chest?
Query: Hi doctor, I have mild pain in the left side of the chest. I always have a feeling of having a heart attack and blockage. I am not taking any medications. Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a muscular spasm, or a heart problem or a gastrointestinal issue. Kindly send your laboratory reports soon to guide you further.  Read Full »

Is polydactyly hereditary?
Query: Hello doctor,My 55 years old father has six fingers in the right hand. He has an extra finger near the thumb. My sister and I have five fingers on each hand. What are the chances that my sister's child will have six fingers in a hand? Will they have any other abnormality? Could there be any other po...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Polydactyly (extra finger), is usually autosomal dominant but it could be autosomal recessive in some cases. Normally, half of the progeny from the affected parent has polydactyly. But in your case, since both the son and daughter did not have an ex...  Read Full »

What causes the tongue to turn yellow?
Query: Hi doctor, My tongue looks yellow from a couple of days now. What is the cause? How to get rid of this? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and I can understand your concern. I would like to know the following: Do you have any gastric problems? Sometimes, gastric problems can lead to such yellow tongue. Do you have any itchy skin lesions? Fungal infection is another cause. Treat it if you h...  Read Full »

I have a metallic and soapy taste in my mouth. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old woman. I am 5 feet 6 inches. I have bowel issues and constipation quite often. Lately, I feel very exhausted, have severe back aches, and a metallic and soapy taste in my mouth that will not go away. I am not sure what is going on.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and complaints, it seems you might have the following, depending on your additional complaints: Hemorrhoids, If you have accompanying constipation, mucus and sometimes blood in the stool, heartburn, and reflux. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) i...  Read Full »

My dad has a bitter taste in the mouth every morning. What is causing it?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 54 years old. He had a gallbladder surgery for gallstone removal 14 years ago. He takes medicines for BP and for hypothyroidism. His SGPT is 56, SGOT is 46 and ALP is 278. Earlier, for triglycerides, he used to take Fenofibrate. His HDL and LDL were not very high, rather...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. A bitter taste in the early morning hours is seen in people with acid regurgitation or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and in smokers. I would suggest a course of PPI (proton pump inhibitors) with Levosulpride like capsule Sampraz L (a ...  Read Full »

Can gastrointestinal infection last for three months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, and I am concerned about my health. I had an episode of possible food-borne illness, three months back. That time, I had shivers, fluttering pain in lower abdomen, fever, and high bilirubin. The symptoms have gone, except for occasional fluttering. My bilirubi...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is gastroenteritis or stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine. Signs and symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, backache, lack of energy, and dehydration. How...  Read Full »

I feel nauseous after eating fast food. Is this food poisoning?
Query: Hi doctor, I had some fast food from the last two days, and I am feeling nauseous. I even vomited once, after which, I felt little better. I am feeling a bit better now, but the vomiting tendency is still there. I am also burping a lot, which has the same taste of the fast food. I do not feel like e...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your query, most likely, you have gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is inflammation of gastric mucosa. Most commonly, it is viral. Viral gastroenteritis usually limits itself to 7 to 10 days. But in your case, as it is already more than 10 days, I would advise you...  Read Full »

Please clarify the lesion found in the ultrasound of my 18 week fetus.
Query: Hi doctor, My ultrasound report showed well-defined anechoic lesion measuring 3.9 cm in length and 1.6 cm width in the lower abdomen of the 18 weeks fetus. No echoes are seen within it. It is showing peristalsis. Stomach and gall bladder visualized. No evidence of ascites. Abnormal wall intact. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through the report posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). An anechoic lesion defines a lesion that is clear and simple that means, the cyst visualised is a simple cyst. Ther are some cysts like a mesenteric cyst, omental cyst or neurob...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Gastrointestinal Abnormality? We have medical experts to help you right away.