Generalized Anxiety Disorder

About "Generalized Anxiety Disorder"

Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a mental illness, which causes a person to worry about daily life events with no apparent reasons. People with GAD feel anxious most of the time and are overly concerned about health, family, money, and work. Such people cannot control the feeling of anxiety, even after realizing that their reaction is much more intense than the situation warrants.

Related Terms: Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Borderline Personality Disorder