Gerd

Related Terms: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Acid Reflux, Pantoprazole, Gerd Symptoms, Upper Gi Endoscopy, Domperidone, Gastritis

Is GERD(Gastroesophageal reflux disease) curable permanently through medicines?
Query: Dear Doctor, Is GERD curable through medicines permanently? If yes, kindly prescribe the medicines. I have consulted many doctors and taken tablets, but after a few days it is troubling again. Please prescribe some permanent solution to this.  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) can be treated effectively with medications like omeprazole, pantoprazole, and with combination of prokinetic drugs like domperidone. In addition to drugs, the modification of life style is important such as: Eating small quanti...  Read Full »

I have GERD and feel a lump under Adam's apple. Is it serious?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I have GERD since a few years as the doctor told me after a diagnosis where he took the camera inside the food pipe. Anyway, I used to smoke then I quit but recently I smoked a bit when I was in holiday, after coming back from holidays I am getting a lump like feeling ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lump feeling is most probably due to reflux laryngitis. It is a manifestation of GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) higher up near the larynx (Adam's apple and voice box). Smoking aggravates the same or can be a trigger for it. The reflux symptoms may also be v...  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?
Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump Inhibitors) then it co...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?
Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. There are no drug interactions between Pantoprozole and Diclofenac (Voltaren). In fact, anyone who takes painkillers like Diclofenac has to take Pantoprazole to prevent Diclofenac-induced gastritis. So, relax and take the regular dose of Pa...  Read Full »

Why is there diarrhea and burps in a GERD patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My doctor, a long time ago, said that I have GERD. It is an acid reflux condition. I get really disgusting burps that taste like rotten eggs and I get diarrhea. That will go on for about three hours and then I throw up and I feel fine. I take acid reducers but I still end up getting i...  Read Full »
Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are having GERD which is gastric esophageal reflux disease which means acid of your stomach along with food regurgitate into your food pipe known as the esophagus. There are many causes for that like being overweight, excess tea, coffee or cold drinks intake, e...  Read Full »

What tablets can be taken for GERD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a nurse. I had throat burning sensation, nausea, chest pain, feeling of a full stomach, nausea, and reflux symptoms one month ago and the doctor advised me for lifestyle modifications. I stopped coffee, I am sleeping for two hours after dinner and I am eating non-spicy foo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), GERD which is the cause of your symptoms. GERD occurs when stomach acid or the stomach content flows back into your food pipe. The backwash irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes heartburn, c...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from achalasia or GERD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I recently had a severe chest pain like heartburn and visited a gastroenterologist doctor. I am also suffering from swallowing disorder for the past seven to eight months, especially solid foods and sometime liquids too. It feels that whenever I eat food it stuck ...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your primary diagnosis is esophageal candidiasis and antral gastritis. These are medical conditions and managed with medical treatment only. Although, treatment for esophageal candidiasis lasts little long duration. The esophageal manometry test is not required for the...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayurvedic treatment for GERD.
Query: Hello doctor, I have GERD issue. Please suggest an ayurvedic cure.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a common problem. It is mainly caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle and poor eating habits. Follow the below-mentioned guidelines to avoid the problem: Avoid spicy, oily, ju...  Read Full »

Is it enough to take Formonide and Pantacid for asthma and GERD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from asthma since last three years. I am using Formonide 200 two puffs two times daily. I am also suffering from GERD for the past seven years. Now I only take Pantacid 40 as and when required. It is my question. Is it a perfect prescription for me?  Read Full »
Dr. Harsha D S
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A Formamide inhaler is a good medicine for asthma. Is that dose right for you or not depends on your level of asthma control? If it is well controlled, it can be continued. However, if over the last three months of your symptoms were well controlled may be able to at...  Read Full »

Can I use Ancool SF tonic daily for GERD and acid reflux?
Query: Hello doctor,I am asthmatic for four years and hypertensive. Two months back I had a breath issue in spite of using my inhaler. Later, it was diagnosed with GERD and acid reflux. I was suggested a medication for 15 days. Later, I was fine. But whenever I eat oily food I am having a heartburn sensati...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This Ancool SF contains sucralfate. This helps ulcers to heal if any (by coating over ulcer). If you take this, you need to take three times in a day for 1 to 2 weeks, not intermittent. Antacids you can take while burning. Endoscopy report (attachment removed to protect...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Gerd? We have medical experts to help you right away.