Medical Advice on "Gerd"

GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) can be treated effectively with medications like omeprazole, pantoprazole, and with combination of prokinetic drugs like domperidone. In addition to drugs, the modification of life style is important such as: Eating small quantity … View thread »

At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump … View thread »

It seems you have GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), GERD which is the cause of your symptoms. GERD occurs when stomach acid or the stomach content flows back into your food pipe. The backwash irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes  … View thread »

Your primary diagnosis is esophageal candidiasis and antral gastritis. These are medical conditions and managed with medical treatment only. Although, treatment for esophageal candidiasis lasts little long duration. The esophageal manometry test is not required for … View thread »

I read your query and understand your concern. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is a common problem. It is mainly caused due to an unhealthy lifestyle and poor eating habits. Follow the below-mentioned guidelines to avoid the problem: Avoid spicy, oily, … View thread »

Your pain at your chest wall may be due to stress or heartburn from acid reflux. I am suggesting that you have developed a stress ulcer which can lead to acid reflux esophagitis. Are you on any form of stress lately? If so please take some time off for adequate … View thread »

You should try a combination of Lansoprazole and Domperidone for one month. Avoid fasting and having spicy food. Take small and frequent meals … View thread »

Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to … View thread »

Welcome to . From going through the information you have provided, it is clear that currently you are on treatment for suspected GERD - gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux disease). You have been having intermittent problems over five years. Acid reflux can cause … View thread »

... article talks about the acid reflux disease and its symptoms, risk factors, as well as management in detail ... … View thread »

Do you have a question on Gerd? We have medical experts to help you right away.