Inflammation

Inflammation

Article Overview: When some foreign organisms like bacteria or viruses enter the body, inflammation is the body’s immune response to such invasions. It is a vital part of the body’s immune system.  Read Article »

Dr. K Sneha

General Medicine Physician

Inflammation When some foreign organisms like bacteria or viruses enter the body, inflammation is the body’s immune response to such invasions. It is a vital part of the body’s immune system. During inflammation, the body produces white blood cells, antibodies, proteins, and other subst ... Read Article »

How can inflammation of skin behind last tooth be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 16-year-old daughter is having inflammation of skin behind her inner tooth, the last one may be wisdom tooth. She has intense pain and is not able to move her jaw properly while eating food. This started two days ago. She had vomiting and stomach pain three days back. She was having...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it looks like inflammation of the gum flap.over the wisdom tooth. This condition is known as pericoronitis.The wisdom tooth, however, looks misaligned and impacted but for con...  Read Full »

How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) It appears to be episcleritis. I suggest you take a milder medicine but this too has to be tapered and stopped. I suggest you start Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone e...  Read Full »

Is Gum Inflammation a Curable Problem?

Article Overview: The medical terminology for inflamed gums is 'gingivitis'. It is one of the most common oral health concerns faced by each of us. This article talks about the causes and cure for gingivitis. Read Article »

Dr. Vasantha K S

Dentist

Gingivitis refers to inflammation of the gums. Gums (or gingiva) along with the bones and ligaments form the supporting structure of the teeth. Once they get swollen, there is redness, puffiness, and bleeding of gums. But, in most cases, it is treatable and reversible. When left untreated, it can l ... Read Article »

I have protected sex and after that I get inflammation in urinary tract. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have protected sex with stranger and after that I get inflammation in urinary tract. Should I get worried about it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have symptoms of inflammation of urinary tract than you have to rule out urinary tract infection. For that, I suggest you investigate with urine routine microscopic examination report and urine culture for primary work-up. You can revert back with reports once...  Read Full »

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. I need to see the picture of the affected area to make an appropriate diagnosis and to suggest the proper treatment. Kindly send the images.   Read Full »

I am having inflammation on face after a dog bite. Do I need vaccination?

Query: Hello doctor,40 days back while I was walking on the road and unaware of a sleeping dog beside me I stepped on it and it had bitten me. After, reaching my home after 15 minutes I washed my leg and I have not found any blood wound but firing type feeling was there and later I met one physician doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Tamas Das

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems like the dog just brushed against your leg. If so, then it is a category 1 wound and requires no vaccination other than local wound cleaning with soap and water. However, if there was a visible scratch (even without bleeding) then it is categ...  Read Full »

Does knee inflammation after stopping steroids mean auto-immune disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter (4 years old) had an eye injury around seven months back. She is now diagonised with granulomatous panuvietis. I have consulted in person around six opthalmologists and they have told that it is due to eye injury. However, one of them wanted me to go for auto immune tests ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer your queries one by one. Eye injury may sometimes set up the autoimmunity. It is not clear in your question how much eye problem she currently has. Inflammation anywhere in body could be set up by infection, autoimmunity, or auto-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

Can HIV cause throat inflammation as a presenting symptom?

Query: Hello doctor, I had severe throat inflammation and went to an ENT doctor. At that time, he was with a HIV patient who has sore throat and ulcers. He used a spoon like equipment to check the throat of the HIV patient. The spoon like equipment is contaminated. Unfortunately, the doctor used the same s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the doctors sterilize the equipment in a solution which is kept on their examination desk. You have not mentioned the time duration between exposure and the onset of symptoms, though HIV does not cause throat inflammation as a presenting symptom usually. Still you...  Read Full »

I had redness, inflammation and swelling in my glans penis and foreskin after sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope someone can help me. About 20 days ago, I started feeling pain after sex. I noticed part of glans penis and foreskin (near frenulum) is red, inflammed, and swollen. I thought the problem could be caused by hard and vigorous sexual acts (protected sex) I had in the previous days...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. In my opinion, your first treatment with Ciprofloxacin and Canesten (Clotrimazole) was fine, but it should be taken at least for five to seven days, and some oral antifungal has also been added for proper cure. Ultrasound will not help ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee