Intrauterine Contraceptive Device.

Related Terms: Iud, Copper-t, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Contraception Methods, Levonorgestrel, Contraceptive Pill, Emergency Contraception

After IUD removal, I have not had a period for four months. Am I infertile?
Query: Hello doctor, I was on the IUD Mirena for two and a half years and it did not suit me. So, I saw a doctor to have it removed. That was four months ago and I still have not had a menstrual cycle. I have had spotting here and there, but nothing else. My husband and I want a child, but I am not sure if...  Read Full »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mirena is a hormonal IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device) which causes a lot of side effects. Considering your age, it was not recommended for you. It has decidualized your endometrium to a great extent and it is possible your ovulation has been suppressed too. Ple...  Read Full »

I am not getting my period after Mirena removal. What is the reason?
Query: Hi doctor, I had Mirena removed before a month and had what I think was a period the next day that lasted for four days. It has been 37 days with no period and three negative home pregnancy tests. I have been nauseated with cramps that are dull while some hurt good enough to stop me from moving. Wh...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mirena is a progesterone-containing IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). Its sudden removal induced you periods last month. Your current delay in periods is also because of the same. It takes time for the body to restore the normal hormonal balance after removal of...  Read Full »

Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding?
Query: Hi doctor, Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding? If not, then what are the alternative measures?  Read Full »
Dr. Meeta Airen

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, if you want to use it as an emergency contraceptive, then it is safe during breastfeeding. You can take, but the best contraceptive during breastfeeding is copper-T insertion (intrauterine contraceptive device). For further information consult an obstetrician and gy...  Read Full »

Is there any side effect free birth control pill?
Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed to have Levonorgestrel and it does not suit me. Therefore, Diane-35 was recommended. But, it has a high risk of blood clot. I would like to know a birth control pill that will not cause hair loss and is low on blood clot risk.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are allergic to Levonorgestrel, which is a progesterone, then in that case if the risk of blood clot is to be avoided then pills are not recommended for you. You should opt for a copper-T insertion as an IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). This is a non-ho...  Read Full »

I am bleeding after sex. Please tell me why.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old working girl. Yesterday, I had sex with my partner for the second time after four months. It was my eighth day of periods, that is, one day after my periods gets over. We used a condom for protection. It was a little rough sex as I found that I am bleeding after sex...  Read Full »
Dr. Zaharuddln Rahmat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first possibility is that you are pregnant. The risk of pregnancy after using a male condom varies from two to 15 %. As this act was less than 48 hours ago, you may need emergency contraception, either emergency pills or the insertion of IUCD (intrauterine contrac...  Read Full »

What is the chance of pregnancy after taking ECP?
Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with my fiance for four times in the last 24 hours. Some of it was unprotected but we did use a condom each time and he ejaculated into it each time as well. But, in between he does not remember there was a high possibility that the pre-ejaculatory fluid contained some active s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The success of emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) like an I-pill or unwanted-72 remains 99 percent when the withdrawal bleeding is experienced within next 5-7 days thereby ruling out pregnancy completely due to shedding of endometrium. Another option besides ECP is t...  Read Full »

How can we prevent pregnancy without a condom?
Query: Hi doctor, We are newly married and going for honeymoon. I want to know some preventive measure except condom. My dates are not regular and I have PCOD. How can we get intimate without a condom?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best option for you, in that case, shall be low dose oral contraceptive pills like Femilon (Ethinyl estradiol and Desogestrel) to be taken from day 2 of your cycle daily till the pack finishes. If your menses are not due lately and you do not have time then the onl...  Read Full »

I am on OCP.Is there a chance to get pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, I am on OCP for last five to six months. I was fine. What happened this month is, due to worry, I have overdosed myself with OCP. I took, 3 OCPs last Wednesday 3 OCPs last Friday 2 OCPs last Saturday 3 OCPs last Sunday by 7 PM Yesterday (Monday) I took only one OCP at 1:30 PM but I took ...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. I am really concerned about your anxiety. Normally, there is no chance of getting pregnancy. But, you have taken 12 OCPs in six days Wednesday to Monday and one i-pill too.  Due to the excessive dosing, there is spotting. Even i...  Read Full »

Which is a better birth control pill than Ortho-Cyclen?
Query: Hi doctor, I had to switch my birth control from the Mononessa to Ortho-Cyclen today. Do you have a better recommendation? I was on Ortho-Cyclen when I was 16 and I remember hating it. It did not help with my cramps or make my periods any shorter. I still bled for 7 plus days. I am now 23 years old ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you should first get investigated for the cause of heavy bleeding. Get your routine blood tests like CBC (complete blood count), blood sugar, thyroid profile, coagulation profile and liver function tests along with a scan of abdominal organs and pelvis. If you hav...  Read Full »

Emergency Contraception: Alleviate Anxiety About Unwanted Pregnancy
Article Overview: Whenever a female has unprotected intercourse without using any kind of contraception, a chance of pregnancy is present. The female sometimes does not want to bear the risk of having a child at that point in her life. So, emergency contraception options are beneficial in such a case, to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the methods of emergency contraception available and their mechanisms.  Read Article »

Emergency contraception is a method to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse has taken place. Methods Hereby, you can see different methods with the dose of drugs. Hormonal pill. IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). 1. Hormonal pills: Two doses of oral combined contra ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Intrauterine Contraceptive Device.? We have medical experts to help you right away.