Left Ventricular Hypertrophy

Related Terms: Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Echocardiogram, Control Cholesterol Level, Quitting Smoking, Smoking Cessation, Bronchitis

Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother died four months ago, due to cardiac arrhythmia which was caused by left ventricular hypertrophy. Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary as I am frightened for me and for my children?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypertrophy is a general term and it includes multiple individual diseases. Do you have her echo report or any other medical reports of the heart? The first possibility in her case is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is certainly hereditary and all the first degree...  Read Full »

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ECG (electrocardiogram) is showing incomplete RBBB (right bundle branch block) or early RBBB and features of left ventricular hypertrophy, and also heart rate is on lower side nearing 60 beats per minute. But as you mentioned, he is a basketball player. So, athle...  Read Full »

What do the symptoms of chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness suggest?
Query: Hi doctor,My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left ventricular hypertrophy is because of hypertension, however, ECG is just a baseline test of cardiology. The tightness of chest associated with sweating can be stable angina. Stable angina is chest pain or discomfort that most often occurs with activity or emotio...  Read Full »

Does my ECG show any abnormality?
Query: Hi doctor, My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left ventricular hypertrophy is the most important cause of left axis deviation and left anterior fascicular block. Hypertension (high blood pressure) can very often result in left ventricular hypertrophy causing left axis deviation. QT prolongation can be because of many...  Read Full »

Please explain my EKG report taken for fast heart beat during rest.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 28 years old. I do not smoke or play sports or have alcohol. I have BP borderline (130/85) at rest, I suffer from tachycardia at rest. I often have ventricular extrasystoles, frequent bigeminy, and couples of VT. My heart is mad and begins to beat very fast and loud at ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your EKG shows sinus tachycardia and probably left ventricular hypertrophy (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you said you had mild valvular leakage, there might be some other problem as well. Therefore I advise you to have echocardiography done. If yo...  Read Full »

Can smoking cause high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and shortness of breath?
Query: Hi doctor,I suffered from bronchitis, four years ago. Since it got cured, I smoked cigarettes for two years and gradually stopped smoking. Recently, I have high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and I have shortness of breath. I started running 2 km daily. Why am I having all these symptoms?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of smoking, smoking-induced left ventricular hypertrophy, emphysema, bronchitis, pulmonary congestion, etc., can lead to such presentation. You need to do the following investigations: Auscultation. Chest x-ray. 2D echocardiography or...  Read Full »

Can hypertension cause dilated cardiomyopathy?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a medical question actually. There is a 30-year-old obese female with no known history who comes to the emergency room. She presents with a 2-month history of shortness of breath and pedal edema. When she comes to the emergency room she is found to be in a hypertensive emergency ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is having HTN (hypertension) which may cause concentric LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy). EF (ejection fraction) 20 to 25 % with both pericardial and bilateral pleural effusion. You need to evaluate the cause of effusion both cardiac and pleural and need to exc...  Read Full »

Will hypertension cause early death?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male with a weight of 98 kg and a height of 185 cm. I felt choking last month and I rushed to the hospital. It was there I got to know that my blood pressure was very high. In fact, I have been hypertensive for some time now. I did a series of tests including lipid, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not likely to drop dead. You are hypertensive for a long time and that is why you are having left ventricular hypertrophy due to left ventricular remodeling. If you control your hypertension there can be reverse remodeling of your heart and your LV (left ve...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in breathing. Is it due to my heart condition?
Query: Hello doctor, I am taking medicines for the heart. Now, I have difficulty in breathing. So, I decided to see cardiologists. Here are the findings: the study is done using standard transthoracic 2D echocardiographic views. Normal left ventricular internal diameter with left ventricular mass index (...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By reviewing your clinical symptoms and medical records (attachment removed to protect patient identity), here are the salient findings with explanations. In your echo report, you are having concentric LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy), means you are hypertensive f...  Read Full »

Do I have HCM or something else?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a male aged 56 years. I am having a musculoskeletal problem. 14 years back I was diagnosed bone TB and treatment was taken. Problem recurred four years later and diagnosed as ankylosing spondylitis (AS). Despite on biological injection for 10 years, efficacy reduced and became inef...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports and summary (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) and also do not have had any heart attack. There are changes in the ECG (electrocardiography) which is called as strain pa...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Left Ventricular Hypertrophy? We have medical experts to help you right away.