Lung Nodules

Related Terms: Ct Chest, Ct Scan, Tuberculosis, Chest X- Ray, Acne, Cancer, Acne Vulgaris

What is the hazy region near lung nodule in a CT-scan?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is a 68-year-old female, non-smoker. She had a severe cold and cough two months ago. After a course of Azithromycin, her symptoms improved except she just has a dry cough at night. Last week she had a cough with blood. I took her to urgent care, they prescribed antibiotics (...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the 10 images uploaded, 8 CT images and two report images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are right about the haziness posterior to the nodule in images 97-99/ 241. So what we see is a nodule with hazy margins. Concerning this a...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify my CT scan reports of lung nodule.
Query: Hi doctor, For lung nodules, in the last three years, I had three scans with different radiologists. I would like to get it checked by one radiologist for any actual growth or changes that would indicate cancer. Does the lung nodule getting bigger? Due to my low platelet count, a lung biopsy is mo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, lung nodule (small tissue like growth) is suspected to be a cancer if it doubles in size between 1 and 18 months. As per CT scan done before four years, it measures approximately 2.0 x 1.5 cm (anteroposterior x transverse) with a calcification in it. As per C...  Read Full »

How to remove lung calcification?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with pulmonary nodule calcifications in my upper lung early this year. They were not present in the same report investigations performed last year. I want to get these removed through surgery, since they keep posing problems while applying visa and abroad work permit. Can ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you have pulmonary nodule with calcifications in the upper lung, it suggests old infection of the lung and calcification denotes it as a benign lesion. Any healing in our body has a tendency of getting calcified over the period of time. But, that does not ...  Read Full »

Kindly review my blood test report.
Query: Hi doctor, I need a doctor to review this blood work that I received. I have had chronic sinus infections. Currently, I am taking Doxycycline 100 mg, twice a day for three weeks, for an upper respiratory infection. I am now on my second week of antibiotics.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Overall, it is fine with some abnormalities. Firstly, your potassium is high which is likely a false positive report due to hemolysis of RBC. So, nothing to worry about it. However, be...  Read Full »

Are the opacities in my chest x-ray due to cold?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a chest x-ray for medical examination. The doctor asked me to take the x-ray twice. These days, I am suffering from cold and throat pain. Will it affect my result? Earlier I had some allergy, but nowadays I did not have that problem. Is it a serious problem to consider? Please guid...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is an opaque small mass that could be just a normal blood vessel or an abscess or a cystic mass. But in order to confirm, you need an MRI scan of your chest. The cold and throat pain are not the cause of these opacities. For further information consult an internal ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for chronic dry cough?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from chronic dry cough originating primarily in bronchial area. I feel fatigue, vertigo, lack of appetite and periodic nausea. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic cough since long time suggests some allergic condition like asthma. For proper diagnosis you should do a chest x-ray and spirometry test. Other symptoms can be suggestive of some infective cause like tuberculosis. So, ultimately after an x-ray and spiromet...  Read Full »

Does CT scan go through lead aprons?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old female. I went to the hospital ER for hip or abdominal pain. They ordered a CT scan. During the scan, they used lead aprons on my breast, neck, and abdomen. Does the scan go through these aprons? They found nothing but a nodule on my lung. I am just wondering if it s...  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lead guards used during scan prevent harmful radiation effects to your thyroid, ovaries, and breast and hence are used as protection. These aprons do not obliterate the radiations and all the organs covered are visualized minus the harmful effect of X-rays. For th...  Read Full »

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?
Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There appears to be a mild prominence of the bronchovascular markings in both the lungs, more so in the lower lobes. This is not a serious problem and sometimes can occur without any acc...  Read Full »

Is PET scan a must to identify the stage of cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding my relative who is suffering from carcinoma of cervix. I would kindly request you to advise us regarding the stage of cancer based on the biopsy, MRI and CT scan report which I have attached here for your reference. In her MRI report, there is a feature suggestive of...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to assure you that everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »

I have nodules in the right lung. Am I suffering from cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a persistent cough with phlegm, chest pain, exhaustion after a short duration and nodules in the right lung. The x-ray revealed that signs of atelectasis are present. After using three different types of medicine and steroid inhaler, the symptoms are still present. The most recent...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the CT scan report that you had done. The x-rays are showing nodules; hence, it might be pneumonic consolidations that should be considered first rather than directly thinking about malignancy. Sputum cytology and examination study should be done i...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lung Nodules? We have medical experts to help you right away.