Lymph Node Pain

Related Terms: Lymph Node Enlargement, Enlarged Lymph Node, Tonsillitis, Fnac, Sore Throat, Hiv Testing, Biopsy, Amoxicillin

What could be causing extreme lymph node pain in the neck?
Query: Hi doctor, What could be causing the extreme pains in my lymph nodes under my neck and tingling the in head? Should I see a doctor in person? I had a sinus infection a month ago when the neck pains suddenly appeared. I was given antibiotics. It got rid of my other sinus symptoms, but not the lymph ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first possibility of meningitis is unlikely. It would cause fever, severe headache and patient will be very sick. I do not think this to be a lymph node pain because lymph nodes will hurt only when they enlarge in a short duration of maximum one or two weeks and ...  Read Full »

How do we get flu?
Query: Hi doctor, Why do we always have runny nose when we catch flu or cold? How do we get flu? I have headache and fever for almost a week. My tongue is sometimes white and lymph is a bit painful to touch but not swollen. Are these the symptoms of flu?  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com When we get viral or bacterial infection in the nasal tract (upper respiratory tract- nose to throat), the local mucus membrane gets irritated. It leads to more secretion from mucus membrane and that leads to running nose. The fluid is secreted to eliminate the bacteria or...  Read Full »

What is the risk of throat cancer if I have quit smoking three months earlier?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female. I used to smoke one pack a day for 19 years, but quit cigarettes three months ago. 10 days ago, I had ear and throat pain on the left side. My lymph node was swollen only on the left side. I went to my GP who prescribed me Amoxicillin 1000 mg two times per day f...  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the photo you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is very clear that you do not have any lesions in the throat which cause a suspicion of malignancy (cancer) to arise. The reddish line you are looking at is nothing but the dil...  Read Full »

What is the rationale behind lymph node enlargement in my baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year 8-month-old son has a single lymph node enlargement which is movable around 1.5 cm. There are no other signs or symptoms. There is no sign of any infections. Should I be worried?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Single lymph node has no significance if there are no associated infections. Maybe your child had some cold or minor infection around that area due to which the lymph nodes got enlarged. You should show a doctor when lymph node increases in size as it is becoming v...  Read Full »

What are the causes of inguinal lymphadenopathy?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a swollen lymph node in my groin and for which I took antibiotics for two weeks. But, there was no improvement. So two days back, I had a biopsy of the whole lymph node. I will get the results in five days from now. I am worried because, now I have another swollen lymph node in the...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For any cause of inguinal lymphadenopathy, excision of nodes is not a definitive treatment. It is done just for a diagnostic purpose, so once you get the biopsy reports, we will know more about your illness. The swelling in the other lymph node that is of no additional c...  Read Full »

Can the lump under my male breast be cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full »

I am severely anemic, and the right lymph node in my neck is painful. Is it cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, from the past five years. It is well controlled by Synthroid and natural thyroid. Over the last few months, I have been having some worrying symptoms. I am literally so tired all the time, and I am severely anemic even if I t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get a thyroid profile and complete hemogram done. Your symptoms are very vague and they do not point to any one disease. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physi...  Read Full »

Do I need to get FNB or biopsy to check lymph node enlargement?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 145 lbs. I am facing a significant unexplained weight loss of more than 45 lbs in four months. My normal weight since high school is 185 to 180 lbs. I am having episodes of significant and frequent drenching night sweats. Also, I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: In view of the clinical symptoms, images could be more of neoplastic etiology. Clearly, with the family history and prominent nodes along with classical his...  Read Full »

I am having pain under arm pits and in knee after sex. Does this indicate HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, I have potentially been exposed to HIV. 20 days back, I had protected sex with a sex worker and at some point during the intercourse the condom broke exposing my entire penis. I do not know how long this exposure took place. Three days later, I started experiencing a fever. The fev...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail. Early symptoms of HIV (flu like symptoms) usually appear after two weeks of HIV infection. The symptoms of swollen lymph nodes, fever, pain behind ears or legs can be no way attributed to the exposure you have had. These could be due to...  Read Full »

I have a lump below Adam's apple. What it could be?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I have a lump below Adam's apple. I have swollen lymph nodes with pain in the throat. The pain radiates up to the ears. There is a change in voice, hoarseness, and have difficulty in swallowing both solid and liquid foods. I hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Pradeep Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your CT (computed tomography) scan is clear. Below Adam's apple, there is a thyroid gland, and a nodule in the thyroid is quite common. But the rest of the features suggests infectious ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lymph Node Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.