Minoxidil

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Male Pattern Baldness, Finasteride, Androgenetic Alopecia, Control Hair Loss, Biotin

Minoxidil - A Commonly Used Drug for Hair Fall
Article Overview: This article discuses the mechanism of action, uses, side effects and precautions of Minoxidil.  Read Article »

Overview of Minoxidil Minoxidil is the only drug, which has received FDA (The Food and Drug Administration - United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for protecting and promoting public health) approval with proven biological actions in enhancing the esthetic appearance (hai ...  Read Article »

Can I take Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba for alopecia?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question but unable to understand what kind of alopecia are you having and how severe it is. If it is in the beginning stage, Minoxidil can reduce your hair fall. Use 5 % Minoxidil instead of 10, as 10 can be very irritating to the scalp. Eclipta alba has...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

My problem is hair loss. The doctor gave medication of minoxidil and finax
Query: Hi doctor, I am having hair loss problem and now it is in starting stage. I have consulted a doctor for this. He suggested Minoxidil and Finax. I would like to get a second opinion from you.  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra Ashok Jadhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am need of few important details regarding your hair fall. What is your age? Do you have any dandruff? If you are young and having hair loss without any dandruff then the prescribed treatment is very correct for you. Minoxidil is a vasodilator which increases blood s...  Read Full »

I just found out I am pregnant. Is there any risk of malformation from Minoxidil?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 year old female who is overweight. I have been using Minoxidil 5 % topical solution for alopecia areata on the scalp. I just found out my urine pregnancy test is positive. Now I have stopped using it. I might be in the early weeks of pregnancy. Should I be worried about the fetus? ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, there is no much data available on this. So, it is not possible to say convincingly anything. It basically falls in category C meaning, no human studies are available but animal studies have shown some adverse effects. This is for oral consumption an...  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When Minoxidil is started, it can lead to hair loss at first because it regulates hair cycle and all hairs go into one phase leading to diffuse shedding of the hair. But eventually it stops. Ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. Take Biotin supplements along wi...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for hair loss?
Query: Hello mam, I am 22 years old and I am experiencing hair loss for more than eight years. Every time, I shampoo my hair, I would lose 50 to 100 strands of hair. I have an oily, itchy scalp and to some point, my scalp is visible (not completely bald) and my hair density has also reduced. I wash my hai...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should take Minoxidil at least for six months. If there is dandruff, it should be treated with antifungal shampoo. The normal shedding per day is 35 to 45 hairs. Of course, hair can grow again but healthy diet alone will not be enough. Send me a photo or visi...  Read Full »

I have receding hairline after using Rogaine. Can I stop using it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old man who has been using Rogaine for a week. Then I have read a lot of terrifying forums about initial shedding etc. I want to stop it immediately, but have my hair become dependent? If I stop now, will my hair regrow that have been lost because of Rogaine?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At what concentration are you using Rogaine (Minoxidil)? Please do send me the good quality photographs of your problem. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Shall I try some natural supplement to prevent hair fall?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I was blessed with a thick, dark and long hair. For a year or so, I have started experiencing deterioration in the quality of my hair. I am experiencing thinning, loss of luster, split ends and hair fall with alarming rate. I was stressed during my board exams, but i...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can try DasGro supplements. I also suggest Proanagen tablets. Rather than Tricogro hair serum, use Minoxidil 2% lotion twice daily on dry hair for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Minoxidil? We have medical experts to help you right away.