Minoxidil

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Male Pattern Baldness, Finasteride, Androgenetic Alopecia, Control Hair Loss, Biotin

Minoxidil - A Commonly Used Drug for Hair Fall
Article Overview: This article discuses the mechanism of action, uses, side effects and precautions of Minoxidil.  Read Article »

Overview of Minoxidil Minoxidil is the only drug, which has received FDA (The Food and Drug Administration - United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for protecting and promoting public health) approval with proven biological actions in enhancing the esthetic appearance (ha ...  Read Article »

Can I take Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba for alopecia?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question but unable to understand what kind of alopecia are you having and how severe it is. If it is in the beginning stage, Minoxidil can reduce your hair fall. Use 5 % Minoxidil instead of 10, as 10 can be very irritating to the scalp. Eclipta alba has...  Read Full »

Initially Minoxidil helped me in growing hair, but not now. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?  Read Full »
Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. You can use Minoxidil for androgenetic alopecia and it takes times in a few people to gain full results. Sometimes there can be shedding of hair in between but you will recover from it if you keep using it. So stick to it. 2. You can also add tablet Finasteride 1 m...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

Can minoxidil use cause dark eyes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am using Minoxidil and noticing dark eyes and wrinkles. Is there a way to keep using Minoxidil but counter the side effects?  Read Full »
Dr. Dilip Meena
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Minoxidil has nothing to do with dark eye circles or wrinkles. 2. It can lead to dryness, a bit of headache, and facial bloating. 3. Apply it in the prescribed amount only. Not more than 1 ml at a time and wash your hands afterwards. 4. Apply half a centimeter...  Read Full »

My problem is hair loss. The doctor gave medication of minoxidil and finax
Query: Hi doctor, I am having hair loss problem and now it is in starting stage. I have consulted a doctor for this. He suggested Minoxidil and Finax. I would like to get a second opinion from you.  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra Ashok Jadhav

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am need of few important details regarding your hair fall. What is your age? Do you have any dandruff? If you are young and having hair loss without any dandruff then the prescribed treatment is very correct for you. Minoxidil is a vasodilator which increases blood s...  Read Full »

I just found out I am pregnant. Is there any risk of malformation from Minoxidil?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 28 year old female who is overweight. I have been using Minoxidil 5 % topical solution for alopecia areata on the scalp. I just found out my urine pregnancy test is positive. Now I have stopped using it. I might be in the early weeks of pregnancy. Should I be worried about the fetus? ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, there is no much data available on this. So, it is not possible to say convincingly anything. It basically falls in category C meaning, no human studies are available but animal studies have shown some adverse effects. This is for oral consumption an...  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have diffuse hair fall after taking Finasteride?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Finasteride for three months now. Recently, I have been having a huge shed of around 100 hairs a day, up from 5 to 10 before the treatment. The hairs I shed are thick but half the length of the rest of my hair. They are also thin at the base of the hair. This hair loss ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When Minoxidil is started, it can lead to hair loss at first because it regulates hair cycle and all hairs go into one phase leading to diffuse shedding of the hair. But eventually it stops. Ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. Take Biotin supplements along wi...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for hair loss?
Query: Hello mam, I am 22 years old and I am experiencing hair loss for more than eight years. Every time, I shampoo my hair, I would lose 50 to 100 strands of hair. I have an oily, itchy scalp and to some point, my scalp is visible (not completely bald) and my hair density has also reduced. I wash my hai...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should take Minoxidil at least for six months. If there is dandruff, it should be treated with antifungal shampoo. The normal shedding per day is 35 to 45 hairs. Of course, hair can grow again but healthy diet alone will not be enough. Send me a photo or visi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Minoxidil? We have medical experts to help you right away.