Podophyllotoxin

Related Terms: Genital Warts, Imiquimod, Cryotherapy, Hpv, Trichloroacetic Acid, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Warts

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to remove my warts.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a wart developing on the face. I want it to be removed. Please help. I am currently taking one tablet of 100 mcg Thyronorm daily.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best way to remove it electrocautery or radiofrequency. It is a method to remove wart by an instrument. For that you need to go to local dermatologist. It is a very simple and quick procedure. If you ...  Read Full »

What is the soft, white, non-itchy lump in my penile shaft?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years sexually active gay male with one partner. Four weeks ago, I got a soft white color lump in my penile shaft which was not itchy or painful. Three days ago, I got another one with same features. I am worried about warts. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the picture. It looks like a flat genital wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Usually, the wart will have a rough surface with multiple finger-like projections. Sometimes it is difficult to appreciate finer details in pictures, making dermoscopy...  Read Full »

There are recurrent cluster of bumps on the penis every three months. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a cluster of bumps on the penis. This has been going on and off for two years. I have this recurrent cluster of bumps. They appear at the same spot about every three months.   Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be condylomata accuminata. It is a type of viral infection due to human papillomavirus. Do you have any history of unprotected sexual exposure? If yes, go for an STD panel investigation which includes: VDRL (venereal disease research laborat...  Read Full »

I am unsure if this bump is a wart or a razor bump. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old male. On Monday night, I trimmed my pubic hair and while doing so, I felt a nick while trimming the bottom left side of my penis. After that, I shaved with a razor. On Tuesday morning, I noticed a bump and thought it might have been from the nick, but now I am startin...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. From your description, the issue seems to be verruca plana or seborrhoeic keratosis. I suggest you go for cryotherapy. Until then, do not use a razor for shaving, as it might cause it to spread. For further queries consult a dermatologist onlin...  Read Full »

Genital Warts (Condylomata Acuminata) - a Sexually Transmitted Infection
Article Overview: Current evidence suggests that over 50% of sexually active adults (15 to 25 years of age) have been infected with one or more human papilloma virus - HPV infection. The underlying HPV infection may increase the evidence and prevalence of genital warts.  Read Article »
Venereologist

Condyloma, a Greek word with the meaning of round tumor, has been recognized as a distinct entity since ancient times. Mucosal HPV infections are the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs). It can occur on anogenital or oral mucosa or skin. HPV present in the birth canal can be transmitt ...  Read Article »

I am getting on and off ulcer in my penis. What it is?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I have a very small topical cut on my penis where the shaft ends. It does not pain normally but pains on stretching. It happened last month once and went away. Now it recurred while having sex. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send the good quality photographs of the lesion for better help. Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What can the lump on penis be?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump on my penis. I have not had any unprotected sex and also have a steady partner. I have this for about a month. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to diagnose it without seeing it through photos. Here I mentioned the possibilities, which could be the lump. Wart lump- Rough surface, multiple, painless, hard, stucked and not going since long time. Molluscum - It also has hard, round, sm...  Read Full »

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a condom will prevent transmission. No, HPV will not get transmitted by kissing. The lesion on your leg can be due to HPV (human papillomavirus), but its probability is low. Genital warts regress spontaneously within months or years, but, the guideli...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Podophyllotoxin? We have medical experts to help you right away.