Pubic Itching

Related Terms: Herpes, Pubic Lice, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Antifungal, Bumps In Pubic Area, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Clotrimazole

Please suggest a solution for severe pubic itching.
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe itching near pubic area and the skin turned black. Previously, I had pubic lice issue, which was cured using Permethrin lotion. I am currently using Flucort-C cream, but it is not effective. Please suggest some medicine for it. Thank you.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from tinea incognito (steroid masked fungal infection). Steroid is contraindicated in fungal infection and you were using a steroid on it, so you have made the condition worse. Nevertheless, I suggest the following medications. Consult a specialist doct...  Read Full »

There are white deposits on skin around vagina. Is it RVCC?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old and diabetic. I had dengue two years back. Since that time (I feel) I have itching around my vagina and also itching around the urinal area. No pain or itching while urinating. There are white deposits on the skin around vagina including clitoris and urethra, redness, i...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Raosaheb Kohkade

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You are diabetic that is why you are getting repeatedly vulvovaginal candidiasis. You have to control your blood and urine sugar first. If it is not under control the fungi will grow again and again. Apply Clotrimazole ointment on affected area on the outer side and keep Ca...  Read Full »

Why are these itchy patches in my pubic area repeatedly occurring?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year old male with repeated ringworm infection. This started about a year ago with small itchy patches in the groin area high up on inner thighs and pubic area. These would go away with the use of Candid-B cream and Canditral and Itrasys only to return in 10 to 15 days after...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrence of tinea is most commonly due to either incomplete treatment or wrong medication most commonly the combination of a topical steroid with a topical antifungal e.g Candid-B (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical) or other similar preparations. To...  Read Full »

There is a lesion on my penis. Is that a tumor or is it due to scratching?
Query: Hi doctor,I have dermatitis on my scrotum area. I generally scratch my groin and scrotum a lot due to itching, especially at night. Today all of a sudden I saw some lesion in my inner part of the penis. The picture is attached. Is that due to constant scratching? Or is that any tumor or something re...  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), a few things come to mind. You have some infection, most likely fungal in your groin region. The picture does not show that so cannot be sure. The lesion in the pic...  Read Full »

Has it been proven that shaving pubic hair is bad?
Query: Hello doctor, I remove my pubic my pubic hair often. However, lately I have come across some information on the internet where they try to give scientific evidence or studies or scientific view on why it is bad to shave pubic hair. Lots of the people have discussed about it, but they have not given ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The natural way like keeping pubic hair is good. Because, they maintain the temperature regulation of the genital area and act as a shock absorber from surrounding unexpected trauma. But, regular cleaning of this area is utmost important, which will protect your pubic ar...  Read Full »

Will Cetirizine help reduce the itching in my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I took Norflox-TZ in the morning for loose motions but, in the afternoon my penis started itching.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Firstly, one should not take antibiotics for ordinary loose motions unless the diarrhea is infective. Itching in the penis could be allergic but, it should be associated with itching in the other parts of the body. I suggest you take Levoc...  Read Full »

I pee frequently,my stool is green in colour and pubic area is also itching.Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. Sometimes, I pee frequently in a day but do not feel any pain or burning sensation. Besides this, my stool is light green in colour. I feel scared when I see the colour of the stool everytime in the toilet bowl. My pubic area is also itching sometimes. Curre...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you can answer my questions I can help you better: Did you get diarrhea also? If yes, since how many days do you have? Did you get any fever or any rash on your body? Are you sexually active? Are you taking any iron supplements? Did you have food outside in a restau...  Read Full »

I have small red dots around the vaginal area. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My problem is I have irritation and small red dots all around the vaginal area. It is like razor burn. This happened a year ago when I used an electronic hair removal device in the pubic area. I got some sensitivity and redness, and I ignored it thinking it to be an irritation that gets t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not use any exfoliating agent in the pubic area when there is already contact dermatitis. It leads to more inflammation, erythema, and burning sensation. Please send good quality clinical photograph and revert. Please mention what creams you have applied. ...  Read Full »

I have few painful bumps on my labia. Do I have an STD?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old female. I have had two sexual partners. The second one is my current boyfriend. I used to shave my pubic hair all the time but started getting razor bumps from it. I decided to stop and let the hair grow out fully before attempting to shave it again. I noticed the o...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your description, I can list a few possibilities for the painful bumps over the pubic region: Folliculitis - a bacterial infection of hair follicles. Pseudofolliculitis - ingrown hair causing inflammation. Herpes genitalis - viral STD, painful blisters in g...  Read Full »

Bumps on penis after excessive masturbation and sex
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is in good health. So, here is the story. It first started two weeks ago. My girlfriend thought it would be fun to remove my pubic hair one night. She started the waxing process, but after the first removal strips had been off, I decided I was never going t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you only have small bumps over the shaft of the penis. There is no discharge, redness, itching or tingling. Most of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) results in discharge, mild fever, and ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pubic Itching? We have medical experts to help you right away.