Removal Of Ear Wax

Related Terms: Ear Wax, Ear Infection, Ear Wax Drops, Ear Blockage, Earbuds, Ear Drops, Ear Fungus

Can I go for a haircut after having had removal of ear wax?
Query: Hello doctor, I believe I produce excessive ear wax in my ears due to the fact that I constantly have to go to an ENT to get them cleaned out. Today I had them cleaned out by my ENT but tomorrow I want to get a haircut. I have short hair so when I go to the barber the little hairs always fall and g...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In short, you can go for wax removal today. You may also go for a haircut tomorrow. But, before the haircut just insert a thick plug of cotton into each ear. After the haircut and shampooing, you may remove the plug. That way you will prevent hair from going inside ...  Read Full »

My right ear is slightly blocked. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hello doctor, Two days back, I had a severe pain in my right ear. One fine evening, the pain went severe starting from the head till the chin. I had visited an ENT doctor who removed a lot of earwax through EUM suction procedure. Since then, I got relief from the pain. But, I feel my right ear is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having an ear block even after the removal of earwax, then probably there is some eustachian tube catarrh. Such a catarrh is likely after an episode of cold. The tube connects the ear to the upper part of the throat. The tube drains whatever fluid is p...  Read Full »

Do not Use Earbuds to Remove Wax!!
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that earbuds should not be used to remove wax. It also discusses the best way to remove ear wax.  Read Article »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Yes, it is true that the use of earbuds is not recommended for removal of ear wax. Why is it Unsafe to use Earbuds?  The reason is very simple. Ear wax is produced by glands present in the outer part of the ear canal which is close to the ear pinna (outer part of the ear). The skin in ...  Read Article »

Do I need to visit a doctor for ear block issue?
Query: Hi doctor,I just tried an ear wax cleaner and it just completely blocked my ears. I am having an ear block issue even after swimming. Is there anything I can do at home? Or do I need to visit a doctor?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wax has absorbed the cleaning fluid and got swollen blocking the ear canal. It is common. The block is transient and you keep putting the drops as advised by the ENT doctor. Usually we put drops for 4 to 5 times daily for five to six days and then go back ...  Read Full »

Do you recommend any specific test to know the reason for headache and tinnitus?
Query: Hi doctor,Before a month, I went for earwax cleaning, and it was unsuccessful. The second attempt after three days was fine. There were some irritation and blood was found on the removed cerumen. According to the ear specialist, there is no ear inflammation. My complaints are top right-sided burni...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and gone through the attached blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I did not find anything seriously deviated from normal in your blood report. Regarding headache, I think there is a need for a brain scan, such a...  Read Full »

What can cause ear blockage?
Query: Hi doctor, My right ear has been blocked a few days ago. Whenever I tried to laugh, smile or wink, the jaw line muscles went up and it pushes to block the right ear hearing. Doctor told me that it is partially ear wax blockage. But, I do not think so. I did try to put olive oil. And also I did not s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have given in your query it seems to me that it is indeed wax only. As it pushes against the eardrum and further increases the block when you smile, laugh or wink, it is more likely impacted wax than anything else. However, one can be...  Read Full »

Here Is What You Need to Know About Earwax
Article Overview: Wax is a natural secretion of the ceruminous and sebaceous glands found in the ear canal. It protects the eardrum from infections, trauma, and water. Though wax is not a problem, excess wax is. Professional help must always be taken for wax cleaning.  Read Article »
Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Earwax is a natural secretion and has antibacterial and lubricant properties. It also protects the eardrum from infections, trauma, and water. Some people produce soft wax, while others produce hard wax. This is genetically determined. Normally, earwax occurs as fine flakes which fall off durin ...  Read Article »

Is it safe to remove ear wax with earbuds?
Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »

Say 'NO' to Earbuds
Article Overview: Earbuds are made up of tightly rolled cotton. If you have a practice of cleaning your ears often with cotton buds, you must read this. This habit interferes with the normal self-cleaning mechanisms of the external ear canal. Cleaning induces wax formation, and the wax needs to be cleaned as the build-up interferes with hearing. And, this becomes a vicious cycle. The ear loses its capacity to self-clean.  Read Article »
Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

The skin of the ear canal is very thin, outer layers of which, are regularly shed just like skin elsewhere. This is done by slender hair-like structures called cilia present on the surface of the external ear canal. Usually, ear canals produce a clear fluid called earwax, which is washed out of ...  Read Article »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?
Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Removal Of Ear Wax? We have medical experts to help you right away.