Renal Function Test

Related Terms: Liver Function Test, Hypertension, Complete Blood Count, Creatinine, Diabetes, Urine Analysis, Blood Pressure

Why does my blood pressure remain high even after taking medicines for 10 years?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from high blood pressure since last 10 years. I take medicine every day twice but my BP remains same 150/100. I take Starpress XL 0 (at night), CTDT-0.25 (during day). Gender- female, age- 48 years. I have cholesterol little bit high. So I take Rosuvastatin, but ECG is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BP (blood pressure) is not controlled with beta-blocker (Starpress) and a diuretic (CTD). I advice you to do a renal function test and a renal doppler. The cause of your high BP can be from renal pathology. It should be ruled out. The second thing is that if both ...  Read Full »

Why is my blood pressure very high although tests are normal?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 19, exercise regularly and eat healthy, yet my blood pressure is always very high at the doctor. He says this is only because of my anxiety disorder. It has been as high as 168/110 before. He did a physical and CBC, thyroid, glucose, and kidney function test and they all came back ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypertension at your age is not usual and if it is present, a few things need to be evaluated thoroughly, especially your kidneys and your adrenal glands. A renal function test will not be helpful in this case. An MRI or ultrasound of the kidneys would be required to rule...  Read Full »

My 10 months old daughter has puffy eyes and elevated SGOT. Do we need to be worried?
Query: Hi doctor,My 10 months old daughter has puffy eyes after she wakes up from sleep in the morning. Her blood results show AST (SGOT) as 71 IU/L. Puffiness will vanish during the day after few hours. Do we need to worry about this? Her AST (SGOT) is 71 IU/L, ALT (SGPT) is 28 IU/L, globulin is 1.8 g/dL...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early morning puffy eyes commonly indicate some problem relating to the urinary system. It can even be a urinary infection. Get a urine analysis done. She also requires renal function tests (blood test). It is better you take her to a local pediatrician for a physical ch...  Read Full »

Patient with metastatic carcinoma has severe diarrhea. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having metastatic carcinoma and went through radiotherapy. Now, she has got severe diarrhea, swelling in face and do not like to eat food. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Satya Narayan
Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First get clinical examinations done that includes vital parameters of patient such as blood pressure (BP), pulse, respiratory rate, etc. Required blood investigations such as complete blood count, renal function test, liver function test and electrolyte study has to b...  Read Full »

After 7 years of knock knee surgery, I am getting pain again. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, Before seven years, I got surgery for knock knees. Now, for the past one year, I have been suffering from knee pain. Also, I have pain in the foot, ankle, chest and back. I am not on any regular medication. I am only doing some exercise to get relieved from the pain.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knock knees (genu valgum) can recur again after surgery, or it can just be undercorrected due to improper operation. What you need to do is blood tests as follows. CBC (complete blood count). ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). RFT (renal function test). LFT (liver func...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?
Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravi M Soni
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »

I am suffering from cloudy urine. Is there any health issue?
Query: Hi doctor, For the last one month, I have been suffering from cloudy urine. It is intermittent and does not happen every day. But, when I am urinating I can visually see my urine changing color to milky white. It happens nearly always at the end of my urine stream. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Raja Ramesh
Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Cloudy urine could be too many causes like phosphaturia (phosphorus in urine), pyuria (pus in urine), chyluria (chyle in urine), stone disease, etc.The exact content that is causing cloudiness should be identified and treatment given accordingly.Do urine routine, urine cult...  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain for the second time in five years. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 160 cm, and weight is 84 kg. I have a pain and discomfort in the pelvic area which gets aggravated on sitting, lower back pain, irritation on peeing, burning sensation in the pelvic region which radiates at times to the leg. I have seen a urologist...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have a chronic mild to moderate inflammation of the pelvic organs, most probably the urinary bladder. The possibility of a chronic epididymo-orchitis also has to be ruled out. Please do get the following investigations: CBC (complete bloo...  Read Full »

Would it be fine to take prEP with one kidney?
Query: Hi doctor, I had sexual intercourse with a girl last night and the condom broke. I went to get tested today and was told to come back in 10 days to check for HIV. I was suggested to take prEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) for HIV prevention. I did not mention to the doctor that I have one kidney as I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If you were having intercourse with some unknown female and condom broke then in such case you are at risk and post-exposure prophylaxis is a good option to prevent the infection. If you have one kidney, then that is not a big issue provi...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my abnormal laboratory results?
Query: Hello doctor, Though my doctors have not contacted me, should I be concerned with my abnormal laboratory test results? The laboratory results show cholesterol of 257 (critical high), total bilirubin of 0.24 (low), creatinine (urine) of 205.3 (High), WBC/HPF of 9 (High) and urine leukocyte esteras...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should contact your doctor if creatinine level and WBC counts are high. You should not worry about other tests. High creatinine level suggests some problem in your kidney. It may be directly or indirectly related to the kidney. But in both the situations, you shou...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Renal Function Test? We have medical experts to help you right away.