Rheumatoid Arthritis

Related Terms: Rheumatoid Factor, Joint Pain, Anti-ccp, Methotrexate, Arthritis, Autoimmune Disorder, Physiotherapy

Rheumatoid Arthritis and Homeopathy
Article Overview: Rheumatoid arthritis is the disorder of joints. It mainly involves hands and feet, causing inflammation of these joints. Homeopathy has answers to this chronic autoimmune disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Many people have a misconception that rheumatoid arthritis is the same as osteoarthritis and hence they refer to both as 'arthritis.' But both are different. Osteoarthritis is inflammation of joints, a condition related to old age, which usually occurs after the 50's. Rheumatoid arthritis occurs at ...  Read Article »

Can x-ray differentiate rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been having joint pain in my left foot on the first joint of big toe for two weeks. It came on upon waking. The pain was inconvenient, but bearable for the first 36 hours. Then, it was extremely painful on the second day ( a worse pain I have ever had). Then, it has got slightly be...  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a strong possibility that this is gout. Considering that it occurred relatively acute, it is possible that it is gout. The diagnosis of gout is by crystal examination in joint fluid and on clinical examination of joints. Of course, osteoarthritis is one of the le...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have swelling on ankles, elbows and some fingers along with deformity in right wrist. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic medication. I need consultation.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, have completed your family, and do not want to conceive further, then start DMARDS (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs), Methotrexate 15 mg once a week and Hydroxychloroquine 200 mg morning and evening if you have ac...  Read Full »

How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?
Query: Hello doctor, My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them. A high ESR and CRP,...  Read Full »

Is L-Glutamine safe for a rheumatoid arthritis patient?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for more than 10 years. For the last two years, she has been taking infusions of Rituximab or Rituxan 2 g. Last infusion was six months ago. It is also confirmed that she has Leaky gut syndrome. Is it safe to take L-Glutamine (supplem...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Leaky gut syndrome (leakage of undigested food or other substance due to damaged intestinal wall) is more of a hypothetical thing. A lot of researches are still going on and it is believed to trigger the autoimmune reactions in the body. But, yes, it is safe to take the ...  Read Full »

Should I try steroid medicines for my rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis two years back. I am on Ayurveda treatment and have taken Panchakarma treatment as well. There is a slight improvement, but still, my swelling on the left knee is not coming down, and recently a pain in the left wrist has begun. My ESR and CC...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. I just read your query and saw all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In RA (rheumatoid arthritis), allopathic medicines like painkillers and corticosteroids are prescribed which will give you temporary relief, but in the long term, these med...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Xeljanz for rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and my doctor advised to take Xeljanz, as it has no side effects. Is it true? It is very expensive. I want to take a second opinion on the medicine. How safe is it to take?  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a very good option for rheumatoid arthritis. However, every medicine has its side effects. It is recommended to start with the time-tested DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) like Methotrexate and sometimes, even combination of DMARDs. If they fail...  Read Full »

For how long must I take Ayurveda therapy for rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have rheumatoid arthritis and take Trikata, Sinhanad guggul and Shalaki. I also use psyllium and ginger tea. I take massage with sesame oil and maharanayana oil. For how long must I take this therapy to feel better? Is this therapy alright? How is your experience with rheumatoid art...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The medications you are taking are all good, but rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. So, you have to take medicine for a long term. The effect of rheumatoid arthritis varies from patient to patient. In some people, after taking pro...  Read Full »

I have pain and swelling in my right wrist. Is it due to rheumatoid arthritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, and I was diagnosed with RA late last year. It has been persistent in my wrists this year. I was told to take Zycel 200 mg, but I feel something else could be wrong, as the pain and swelling are only in the wrists, more in the right hand. In my country, we do n...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, then it is possible the swelling in the wrists is due to it. And moreover, we need to step up the treatment as only Zycel (Celecoxib) 200 mg is not enough to control it. It would be better if one could add Methotrexate...  Read Full »

What is the reason for high monocyte and eosinophil?
Query: Hi doctor, My blood reports show high monocytes and eosinophils for over two years of span. I feel there is no energy, muscle spasms, splenomegaly, muscle pain, and malaise. I am seropositive RA. But, my CRP and ESR are normal most of the time.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the causes for high monocyte count and multisystemic involvement. Hence, treatment for that is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and disease modifying drugs like Leflunomide, etc. The high eosinophil count causes include allergy, para...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Rheumatoid Arthritis? We have medical experts to help you right away.